Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received 18:27 - Jan 19 with 7641 viewsSitfcB

...we’ve only go 54 fans??

Pathetic.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 12:12 - Jan 20 with 2751 viewsBenters2

on 12:08 - Jan 20 by _

Ha!
A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 12:13 - Jan 20 with 2750 viewsSitfcB

on 12:08 - Jan 20 by _

That’s already been done on twitter.

COYB

on 12:13 - Jan 20 with 2747 views_

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 12:13 - Jan 20 by SitfcB

That’s already been done on twitter.

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 12:18 - Jan 20 with 2737 viewsBrixtonBlue

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 12:03 - Jan 20 by Benters2

Its fairly easy to understand.

Our great manager coughed up to pay for 56 people to go by coach to Blackburn.

Now those that made their way not by coach have the hump with Paul.

Sitters wants Paul to buy him a pie and a pint.

The End.

I think Sitters has had enough pies frankly #justsayin

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 12:23 - Jan 20 with 2720 viewsBenters2

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 12:18 - Jan 20 by BrixtonBlue

I think Sitters has had enough pies frankly #justsayin

Its a uppie from me!

He is a big unit now.
A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 12:35 - Jan 20 with 2700 viewsPJH

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 12:09 - Jan 20 by GavTWTD

I think it's a great gesture by PL. I would imagine that the reason he did this the way it was, was for ease. He could have just said to the coach organisers "pls refund everyone everyone on the coach - here's a cheque". How difficult would it have been to refund everyone that went by car/train? You'd need to employ someone to look at receipts etc. then there's the issue of the refund itself.

How were people refunded exactly?

As one of the lucky few I can tell you that we each got a nice letter from PL addressed to us as individuals and signed by PL.
Not sure how and when we get the refund but I have sent an email to the club today hoping that PL sees it thanking him for the gesture.

I can understand those that went to Blackburn other than on the club coach being a bit aggrieved but also see the impossibility of handling refunds and deciding how much to refund for those that did not travel by coach.

It was not a gesture that was necessary or expected but it certainly was appreciated.
A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 12:39 - Jan 20 with 2694 viewsBenters2

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 12:35 - Jan 20 by PJH

As one of the lucky few I can tell you that we each got a nice letter from PL addressed to us as individuals and signed by PL.
Not sure how and when we get the refund but I have sent an email to the club today hoping that PL sees it thanking him for the gesture.

I can understand those that went to Blackburn other than on the club coach being a bit aggrieved but also see the impossibility of handling refunds and deciding how much to refund for those that did not travel by coach.

It was not a gesture that was necessary or expected but it certainly was appreciated.

Nice that.

It will push sitters over the edge though
A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 12:44 - Jan 20 with 2687 viewsChampionship

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 12:07 - Jan 20 by Benters2

Indeed.

Which just goes to prove you cant please everybody.

You've up voted the OP...
Login to get fewer ads

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 12:52 - Jan 20 with 2676 viewsgiant_stow

To me it says that pl is desperate to ingratiate himself with you lot. I would guess that's because he's knows it'll be tough to stay up and that he wants another crack at it next year.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 12:53 - Jan 20 with 2670 viewsTractorCam

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 11:28 - Jan 20 by tractorboy1978

You can guarantee there would be someone that would moan as they did not want a pie or a drink so don't benefit.

It was a kind gesture. The end.

There will always be criticism for everything the club does.

Discount prices "Well what about us season ticket holders?"
Free coach "What about us travelling by car?"
I wonder if with the legends someone like Russell Osman came out and said "What about me?"

Lambert didn't have to do anything, nobody buying tickets for Blackburn went to the game expecting a refund from the manager. He can't please everyone and as said somewhere else it was obviously a late decision by him so a free coach ride was the easiest outcome. A good gesture!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

on 12:59 - Jan 20 with 2662 views_

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 12:53 - Jan 20 by TractorCam

There will always be criticism for everything the club does.

Discount prices "Well what about us season ticket holders?"
Free coach "What about us travelling by car?"
I wonder if with the legends someone like Russell Osman came out and said "What about me?"

Lambert didn't have to do anything, nobody buying tickets for Blackburn went to the game expecting a refund from the manager. He can't please everyone and as said somewhere else it was obviously a late decision by him so a free coach ride was the easiest outcome. A good gesture!

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 13:02 - Jan 20 with 2649 viewsTractorCam

on 12:59 - Jan 20 by _

Haha yep, that was the perfect example for me!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 14:16 - Jan 20 with 2601 viewsPecker

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 12:03 - Jan 20 by Benters2

Its fairly easy to understand.

Our great manager coughed up to pay for 56 people to go by coach to Blackburn.

Now those that made their way not by coach have the hump with Paul.

Sitters wants Paul to buy him a pie and a pint.

The End.

I have only seen 1, not all. I went and have no argument with those who benefitted. Nice of Mr Lambert to pay for some and I am sure that those of us who make our own way to away games will continue to do so. Nice gesture.
A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 14:24 - Jan 20 with 2597 viewsjasondozzell

I went to the Blackburn game by train and I didn't mind at all - was a lovely gesture from Lambert and even if it didn't affect my journey it gave all of us there a lift yesterday. Shows he cares and that he appreciates the support.

Ridiculous to be bitter just because we weren't all on the coach!

Lambert has put time and energy into trying to get everyone together and put a little pride back. He didn't need to invite (and continue to invite) ex players in, he didn't need to visit the women's team at training, he didn't need to write a letter to supporters, he didn't need to meet fan groups, he didn't need to reimburse the coach travel. The fact he has done all those things is to his credit - it's really impressive.

We are lucky to have him as manager.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 14:27]
A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 14:28 - Jan 20 with 2588 viewsSitfcB

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 14:24 - Jan 20 by jasondozzell

I went to the Blackburn game by train and I didn't mind at all - was a lovely gesture from Lambert and even if it didn't affect my journey it gave all of us there a lift yesterday. Shows he cares and that he appreciates the support.

Ridiculous to be bitter just because we weren't all on the coach!

Lambert has put time and energy into trying to get everyone together and put a little pride back. He didn't need to invite (and continue to invite) ex players in, he didn't need to visit the women's team at training, he didn't need to write a letter to supporters, he didn't need to meet fan groups, he didn't need to reimburse the coach travel. The fact he has done all those things is to his credit - it's really impressive.

We are lucky to have him as manager.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 14:27]

He didn’t need to do all that no, but he DOES need to win some more games.

COYB

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 14:30 - Jan 20 with 2586 viewsReuser_is_God

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 14:28 - Jan 20 by SitfcB

His generosity towards fans has no bearing on results.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 14:36 - Jan 20 with 2576 viewsjasondozzell

Of course. But that applies to every football manager.

The style of play is much better under Lambert and I think he has improved team too. He's inherited a huge mess and it would be crazy to suggest he's not up to it simply because he hasn't suddenly had us playing like a promotion chasing team. He's had very little time to work with the new players and a team full of mistakes/lack of confidence to try and pick up from the floor. January acquisitions have been shrewd. I trust what he's doing.
A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 15:07 - Jan 20 with 2558 viewsFifeITFC

Completely different issue, nice change of stance.

Someone does good deed and people still find fault. Nice.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 15:16 - Jan 20 with 2550 viewstextbackup

A thanks to the fans for the support I’ve received on 10:37 - Jan 20 by SitfcB

More trolling than not but a little bit of truth in it.

A great gesture yes, well played.

But would I have been done had it been 5/6 coaches?

And what about the hundreds of others that don’t use the coaches?

Would’ve been better to pay for a drink or a pie for everyone at the game.

the MM fan boy in you is coming out mate

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024