Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ministers considering a 2nd referendum 20:47 - Jan 19 with 24706 viewsElderGrizzly

Go on Vince!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/19/ministers-second-brexit-referen
Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:00 - Jan 20 with 3093 viewsClapham_Junction

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 21:26 - Jan 19 by grimboy

I know I’m a goon.
I won’t get involved with name calling I’ll let the likes of you do that.

So it wasn't you that used the term "remoaners" earlier in this thread? Because it looked quite a lot like it was.

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum by grimboy 19 Jan 2019 21:00
We already had a referendum why do we want another? So if the leave voters win again shall we have another till we get the result the old remoaners want?

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:04 - Jan 20 with 3066 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 23:25 - Jan 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

and they would have made it clear leaving with May's deal is what they want.

That would be democracy.

I don't get that those who wanted to "hand back control" are so frightened of that control.

In fact here is how May should do it:

"We are at an impasse. The Commons cannot agree on the way ahead. Clearly to leave with no deal is not in the country's best interests which is why I have negotiated the very best deal we can get. We now need a mandate that every MP in this country will have to back. We acted on the referendum vote by enacting Article 50. We have spent the past 2 years getting to the position of this deal. Clearly it is not enough for some and too much for others. We now need to know the will of the people. On … we will have a second referendum on which the question will be clear. Do you want to leave the EU on the best deal we can get - my deal or would you rather we withdrew Article 50 and remained. On 23 June 2016 we had a clear indication that the public mood was to exit the EU. We now have the detail on what leaving will look like. We now need a clear indication of whether this what the people are asking. …"

If she is that fearful of Johnson and co (and cares that little about our future security) she could always adjust the wording and allow for the no deal option.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:07 - Jan 20 with 3062 viewsjjblue84

Shameful ignoring of the referendum...cities will burn if they dare!!
Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:09 - Jan 20 with 3057 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:07 - Jan 20 by jjblue84

Handing back control was so dangerous.

Which 2/3 of the democratically elected MPs should we ignore?

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:10 - Jan 20 with 3056 viewsChampionship

I doubt you could actually find a city, let alone burn it down.
Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:11 - Jan 20 with 3052 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:10 - Jan 20 by Championship

I doubt you could actually find a city, let alone burn it down.

To be fair, Norwich voted remain so, if we finally got to remain, the firework celebrations could possibly do so.

and is it just me or does this repeated thin-veiled threat sound very like a threat of terrorism against democracy?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 0:13]

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:17 - Jan 20 with 3038 viewswkj

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:11 - Jan 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

To be fair, Norwich voted remain so, if we finally got to remain, the firework celebrations could possibly do so.

and is it just me or does this repeated thin-veiled threat sound very like a threat of terrorism against democracy?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 0:13]

It does come across a bit like a terrorist threat doesn't it

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:19 - Jan 20 with 3036 viewsSpruceMoose

The adults are talking here, if you don't mind Junior.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 0:19]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:21 - Jan 20 with 3025 viewsSpruceMoose

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:00 - Jan 20 by Clapham_Junction

So it wasn't you that used the term "remoaners" earlier in this thread? Because it looked quite a lot like it was.

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum by grimboy 19 Jan 2019 21:00
We already had a referendum why do we want another? So if the leave voters win again shall we have another till we get the result the old remoaners want?

Trying to make them understand their own hypocrisy is like banging your head against a brick wall mate.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 0:22]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:22 - Jan 20 with 3021 viewswkj

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:19 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

The adults are talking here, if you don't mind Junior.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 0:19]

To be fair he has had a hard day in the chat room of celebrating Blackburn's penalty before it went in, as well as getting in a spat with Ipswich Crazy. Someone must have put some toot in his trill today.

Crybaby

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:23 - Jan 20 with 3019 viewsjjblue84

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:09 - Jan 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

Handing back control was so dangerous.

Which 2/3 of the democratically elected MPs should we ignore?

Handing back control! What no-thiпkiпg peabraiпs fall for this spin??
Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:24 - Jan 20 with 3012 viewsSpruceMoose

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:22 - Jan 20 by wkj

To be fair he has had a hard day in the chat room of celebrating Blackburn's penalty before it went in, as well as getting in a spat with Ipswich Crazy. Someone must have put some toot in his trill today.

He's obviously a Budgie troll. His days here are numbered I'd imagine.

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:26 - Jan 20 with 3004 viewsSpruceMoose

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:23 - Jan 20 by jjblue84

Why don't you try engaging and making an intelligent point for once? All you do is snipe and post contrary 'witicisms'. Are you actually capable anything more?

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:27 - Jan 20 with 2999 viewsjjblue84

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:26 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Why don't you try engaging and making an intelligent point for once? All you do is snipe and post contrary 'witicisms'. Are you actually capable anything more?

Haha, ironic post of the year from the clown of the forum!!
Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:29 - Jan 20 with 2990 viewswkj

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:27 - Jan 20 by jjblue84

Well he is quite entertaining
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 0:31]

Crybaby

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:36 - Jan 20 with 2970 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:23 - Jan 20 by jjblue84

So you didn't want our parliament to have control?

What path do you think we should take?

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:37 - Jan 20 with 2965 viewswkj

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:36 - Jan 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

This is the thing, he's never really said, just shot down everything for the sake of it, quite a conflicted chap in that regard.

Crybaby

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:37 - Jan 20 with 2964 viewspointofblue

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:04 - Jan 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

In fact here is how May should do it:

"We are at an impasse. The Commons cannot agree on the way ahead. Clearly to leave with no deal is not in the country's best interests which is why I have negotiated the very best deal we can get. We now need a mandate that every MP in this country will have to back. We acted on the referendum vote by enacting Article 50. We have spent the past 2 years getting to the position of this deal. Clearly it is not enough for some and too much for others. We now need to know the will of the people. On … we will have a second referendum on which the question will be clear. Do you want to leave the EU on the best deal we can get - my deal or would you rather we withdrew Article 50 and remained. On 23 June 2016 we had a clear indication that the public mood was to exit the EU. We now have the detail on what leaving will look like. We now need a clear indication of whether this what the people are asking. …"

If she is that fearful of Johnson and co (and cares that little about our future security) she could always adjust the wording and allow for the no deal option.

As much as I wouldn’t want the vote to go that way, if you’re handing the Brexit conundrum back to the public then No Deal has to be an option on the vote. One argument behind a second referendum is those who voted for Brexit didn’t know what they were voting for - what if they want to leave but don’t agree with the Prime Minister’s deal, or have confidence that No Deal will not be as bad as some are saying?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:37 - Jan 20 with 2962 viewsSpruceMoose

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 21:56 - Jan 19 by SpruceMoose

Why do you bang on about it so much then? It obviously bothers you. I'd like to get if sorted out as it is getting tedious having you appear every day just to take a pop. Maybe we could move past it at some point please?

I actually owe you an apology. It was pickles not you, I mixed you two up, sorry. I've edited the original post.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2019 21:59]

Apology withdrawn. It was you! You were the Bus-gate perpetrator!

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:38 - Jan 20 with 2956 viewswkj

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:37 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Apology withdrawn. It was you! You were the Bus-gate perpetrator!

Now you owe pickles an apology... dark times pal

Crybaby

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:40 - Jan 20 with 2952 viewsSpruceMoose

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:27 - Jan 20 by jjblue84

I'll take that as a no then.

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:40 - Jan 20 with 2947 viewsChampionship

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:22 - Jan 20 by wkj

Did Crazy give him a red card?
Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:40 - Jan 20 with 2947 viewsSpruceMoose

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:38 - Jan 20 by wkj

Now you owe pickles an apology... dark times pal

They all seem like the same semi-literate poster to me!
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 0:42]

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:41 - Jan 20 with 2943 viewswkj

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:40 - Jan 20 by Championship

Did Crazy give him a red card?

Mate, Crazy couldn't stop firing out the reds, he was waving thse thing round like a glowstick.

Crybaby

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:42 - Jan 20 with 2938 viewsjjblue84

Ministers considering a 2nd referendum on 00:36 - Jan 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

An elected pro-Brexit government is the only way!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024