Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10th February looming large...... 07:30 - Jan 20 with 6413 viewschristiand

and you think our season can't get any worse, but we could be in for a bloody good hiding at Carrow Road in a few weeks. I know if I was playing for them, high on confidence I'd want to stick the boot in and humiliate our rivals - just to rub salt in our wounds. This season has been a shambles, but worryingly I still believe we haven't hit rock bottom yet (well, apart from our league position), fear they'll be a few more embarrassments between now and the end of the season until we hit that point.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 7:36]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

10th February looming large...... on 07:44 - Jan 20 with 5781 viewsTractorWood

Apart from a bruised ego, the real damage is done.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

10th February looming large...... on 08:05 - Jan 20 with 5717 viewsStewart27

Nah

We’ll lose 2-0

Like we do every single away game
10th February looming large...... on 08:09 - Jan 20 with 5702 viewswkj

I think the best thing now is to pretty much brace ourselves. This season has been an embarrassment enough for ITFC, so losing to scum pretty much wont change that.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

10th February looming large...... on 08:24 - Jan 20 with 5643 viewsshamboy

Their players will not for one second have any reason to want to humiliate Town. They will simply want to win a game of football.
10th February looming large...... on 09:18 - Jan 20 with 5508 viewsWD19

I think it’s unlikely anything embarrassing will happen this year. A lot has changed and the travelling ‘support’ is unlikely to sing abuse the Town players and staff who are busy getting us a result away from home against our local rivals.
10th February looming large...... on 09:20 - Jan 20 with 5491 viewsMullet

I'd take a hiding if it meant we survived right now.

I think it'll be a hard-fought dull game of football and will do neither club's seasons any harm or help.

We've been utterly destroyed by Hurst, the rivalry is so far out in the distance it really matters less than it has since they were in our position.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

10th February looming large...... on 09:24 - Jan 20 with 5459 viewschristiand

10th February looming large...... on 09:20 - Jan 20 by Mullet

I'd take a hiding if it meant we survived right now.

I think it'll be a hard-fought dull game of football and will do neither club's seasons any harm or help.

We've been utterly destroyed by Hurst, the rivalry is so far out in the distance it really matters less than it has since they were in our position.

Genuinely, can’t see us surviving though Mullet, can you?

10th February looming large...... on 09:25 - Jan 20 with 5443 viewsMullet

10th February looming large...... on 09:24 - Jan 20 by christiand

Genuinely, can’t see us surviving though Mullet, can you?

I've no idea. From what I saw yesterday no, it fits the pattern of the season and a relegated club. But if those new players click and do what they are capable of then it's more than possible because 4th bottom is freakishly low this season.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

10th February looming large...... on 09:27 - Jan 20 with 5425 viewschristiand

10th February looming large...... on 09:18 - Jan 20 by WD19

I think it’s unlikely anything embarrassing will happen this year. A lot has changed and the travelling ‘support’ is unlikely to sing abuse the Town players and staff who are busy getting us a result away from home against our local rivals.

I was thinking more results wise than anything else. We’ve got some tough away games left against some of the better sides in this league. Teams don’t have to do too much for us to implode.

10th February looming large...... on 09:27 - Jan 20 with 5419 viewsAYACCA

on the bright side theres a luna eclipse tonight
10th February looming large...... on 09:50 - Jan 20 with 5333 viewsartsbossbeard

I hope I'm not standing next to you at the game.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

10th February looming large...... on 09:55 - Jan 20 with 5298 viewsHarry_Palmer

I watched them against Birmingham on Friday. It's the first time I have seen them for 90 mins since the derby at PR and I have to say they were very impressive.

In the 1st half especially they seemed to open up a normally stubborn Brum defence at will, you can only imagine what they will do to our hapless lot especially if they score early. I am very worried about this game, we are going to have to hope the traditional derby mantra of 'form goes out of the window' applies, otherwise it could be very embarrassing.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 9:56]
10th February looming large...... on 10:06 - Jan 20 with 5231 viewsbackwaywhen

10th February looming large...... on 09:55 - Jan 20 by Harry_Palmer

I watched them against Birmingham on Friday. It's the first time I have seen them for 90 mins since the derby at PR and I have to say they were very impressive.

In the 1st half especially they seemed to open up a normally stubborn Brum defence at will, you can only imagine what they will do to our hapless lot especially if they score early. I am very worried about this game, we are going to have to hope the traditional derby mantra of 'form goes out of the window' applies, otherwise it could be very embarrassing.

Probably no more so than when they put 5 past us at Portman Road under the guidance of ..... Mr Lambert , that was extra bad as we were at home !.I
I will have my normal £20 on a Town win though , got 4 /1 last year ...boy was I close , and at the game in with the Nodge .
10th February looming large...... on 10:21 - Jan 20 with 5168 viewspatrickswell

Given that we haven’t scored in an away fixture since November 10, we must cling to the straw that we are waiting to break that run with the only goal of the game on February 10.
10th February looming large...... on 10:24 - Jan 20 with 5151 viewsstrikalite

10th February looming large...... on 09:55 - Jan 20 by Harry_Palmer

This.

I really hate saying this but the way they keep the ball and pass and move, all one and two touch is on another level to what we are right now, we can't imo go there this time and turn it into a scruffy battle, we won't get close enough to them..this has been coming for a long time, they've brought through and recruited good ball players right through the squad..

If we don't have any threat of pace upfront then the game will be played deep into our half for long periods..
10th February looming large...... on 10:46 - Jan 20 with 5069 viewsHarry_Palmer

10th February looming large...... on 10:24 - Jan 20 by strikalite

This.

I really hate saying this but the way they keep the ball and pass and move, all one and two touch is on another level to what we are right now, we can't imo go there this time and turn it into a scruffy battle, we won't get close enough to them..this has been coming for a long time, they've brought through and recruited good ball players right through the squad..

If we don't have any threat of pace upfront then the game will be played deep into our half for long periods..

I'll be honest I really don't think I can bring myself to watch the game, as cowardly as that sounds I just cannot face that lot taking the absolute p!ss out of us for 90 mins.

Lambert is going to be in for some serious stick as well I suspect.
10th February looming large...... on 10:48 - Jan 20 with 5050 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

10th February looming large...... on 08:24 - Jan 20 by shamboy

Their players will not for one second have any reason to want to humiliate Town. They will simply want to win a game of football.

Goal difference will be key for Norwich- whether that be automatic or a home advantage playoff spot
10th February looming large...... on 10:50 - Jan 20 with 5047 viewsjjblue84

All a bit pointless when you’re bottom of the table...a win a Norwich will mean nothing when we get relegated!
10th February looming large...... on 10:52 - Jan 20 with 5028 viewsJubba1975

It's the last day of the season for me, 5000 Yorkshireman cheering and celebrating! Think we might manage a draw at NC though, 11 man defence and one way traffic.
10th February looming large...... on 10:55 - Jan 20 with 5003 viewsHarry_Palmer

10th February looming large...... on 10:50 - Jan 20 by jjblue84

All a bit pointless when you’re bottom of the table...a win a Norwich will mean nothing when we get relegated!

A win against Norwich always means something.

I'd far rather go down having beaten them at their place ( and potentially damaged their automatic promotion chances ) as opposed to going down having suffered a heavy defeat from them on the way.

wouldn't you?
10th February looming large...... on 10:58 - Jan 20 with 4981 viewsjjblue84

10th February looming large...... on 10:55 - Jan 20 by Harry_Palmer

A win against Norwich always means something.

I'd far rather go down having beaten them at their place ( and potentially damaged their automatic promotion chances ) as opposed to going down having suffered a heavy defeat from them on the way.

wouldn't you?

No difference when we got an owner who wasn’t slowly but surely ensuring we have the worst season in our entire history!!
10th February looming large...... on 11:00 - Jan 20 with 4963 viewsstrikalite

10th February looming large...... on 10:46 - Jan 20 by Harry_Palmer

I'll be honest I really don't think I can bring myself to watch the game, as cowardly as that sounds I just cannot face that lot taking the absolute p!ss out of us for 90 mins.

Lambert is going to be in for some serious stick as well I suspect.

I understand and feel your pain, there is no way of dressing this up to try and make it better than what it will be, they will have 70%+ possession, Brum actually did ok I thought, now this is the gap I'm talking about to say that, and Nodge had over 70% of the ball against them so dread to think how we'll get on...our only hope is pure adrenaline of a derby and close everything down, but second half we'll probably be shot with all the chasing..

Oh and yes they'll be singing and taking the pi$$ all game..
10th February looming large...... on 11:24 - Jan 20 with 4883 viewsfloridaboy

Pretty sure they will win and the way they are winning games - so many in the last few minutes - they will get automatic promotion but I reckon the game against us will be very tasty, no holding back and might just be a bit nasty tackle wise.

Play Downes because I know what will happen!!!
We'll have shot...... on 11:30 - Jan 20 with 4869 viewsBloots

....in the first 5 minutes.

We'll sing "Paul Lambert is a blue"

They'll immediately score.

They'll pass it around us for an hour.

We'll get a corner.

They'll score 2 in the last 10 minutes.

Lambert will say how great our fans are.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

10th February looming large...... on 11:58 - Jan 20 with 4790 viewsTaricco_vs_Palace_98

For the past 5 derbies I've felt that we'd get beaten and hoped for the best when Norwich seemed the better team or were above us in the table but 4 out of 5 of those matches were score draws. This season however I feel we could be in for a thumping - and whilst I still have £100 on us staying up every fibre in my being says we'll be at away games drinking tea from an urn, served from a shed next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024