Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's Be Honest 09:56 - Jan 20 with 1903 viewscressi

We all want to stay up but having only won half a dozen games in fifty with twenty plus to go and needing to win half I can't see it be a miracle.Lambert has done fantastic in trying to get the club and supporters together but simply the players are not simply close to being good enough a good Bart if right gerks bang average awful back four Collins 35 and probably best defender Awful strikers at this level. I'm afraid we are going down but the future has lots of pluses like a fit Bishop mahon Lancaster maybe Dozzel kenlock woolfie etc onwards and upwards .
Let's Be Honest on 09:58 - Jan 20 with 1872 viewswkj

I don't think you'll find too many disagree. I think restoring as much pride as possible now has to be the aim, an unlikely win at Nodge would help take that sting off abit.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Let's Be Honest on 09:58 - Jan 20 with 1871 viewsHarry_Palmer

Alan Mahon? I think you'll find he has retired.
Let's Be Honest on 10:06 - Jan 20 with 1822 viewsBenters2

Why dont you just say we have won 3 games in 28 played?
Let's Be Honest on 10:12 - Jan 20 with 1810 viewsartsbossbeard

Who'd have thought that there was a direct correlation between MM's treatment at Brentford and our star striker (who had moved family down to the area) being disgusted by this and getting his agent to put the feelers out once the young tracksuited replacement turned up?

In fairness, we kinda deserve this season.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Let's Be Honest on 10:17 - Jan 20 with 1762 viewsElephantintheRoom

If you're being honest, be honest and say you'd rather some or all of these players were trying to keep Town up rather than the half dozen begged and borrowed duds Lambert has shoehorned in? Most of your will be utterly disillusioned to be passed over for them - and will prbably be ignored next season as well

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Let's Be Honest on 10:19 - Jan 20 with 1749 viewscbower

Let's Be Honest on 10:12 - Jan 20 by artsbossbeard

Who'd have thought that there was a direct correlation between MM's treatment at Brentford and our star striker (who had moved family down to the area) being disgusted by this and getting his agent to put the feelers out once the young tracksuited replacement turned up?

In fairness, we kinda deserve this season.

Have I missed something ABB? Are you saying that is what happened regarding Waghorn? If so, could you elaborate for me on this?

bluescouser

Let's Be Honest on 10:21 - Jan 20 with 1728 viewsartsbossbeard

Let's Be Honest on 10:19 - Jan 20 by cbower

Have I missed something ABB? Are you saying that is what happened regarding Waghorn? If so, could you elaborate for me on this?

Good source of mine and agentp (I think he has verified) but it is as I've posted above.

The final straw was MW realising straight away that he couldn't/wouldn't be able to work with PH.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 10:23]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Let's Be Honest on 10:29 - Jan 20 with 1692 viewscbower

Let's Be Honest on 10:21 - Jan 20 by artsbossbeard

Good source of mine and agentp (I think he has verified) but it is as I've posted above.

The final straw was MW realising straight away that he couldn't/wouldn't be able to work with PH.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 10:23]

Thanks. Very interesting stuff. Certainly looked from various sources that Waghorn was very happy here and even his parents had relocated so I believe. Guess money played a role too but if he had itchy feet post Brentford and MM "abuse" stuff perhaps a section of support had a role to play too. Regarding Hurst, he was vlearly intent on selling Waghorn from the off to raise funds for the future of Accrington Stanley and Shrewsbury Town.

bluescouser

Login to get fewer ads

Let's Be Honest on 10:31 - Jan 20 with 1667 viewsartsbossbeard

Let's Be Honest on 10:29 - Jan 20 by cbower

Thanks. Very interesting stuff. Certainly looked from various sources that Waghorn was very happy here and even his parents had relocated so I believe. Guess money played a role too but if he had itchy feet post Brentford and MM "abuse" stuff perhaps a section of support had a role to play too. Regarding Hurst, he was vlearly intent on selling Waghorn from the off to raise funds for the future of Accrington Stanley and Shrewsbury Town.

V happy here.

His wife loved the area.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024