Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. 13:01 - Jan 20 with 34730 viewspickles110564

Very good video going round facebook to explain in nice easy terms why we need to leave.

It is called the tiger lair posted by Liam Tuffs, nice and simple for everyone.
on 13:04 - Jan 20 with 8357 views_

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 13:05 - Jan 20 with 8344 viewsZedRodgers

I stopped using Facebook when I found out they were allowing companies to manipulate data to send faceless and factless Brexit propaganda to impressionable people.

[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 13:09]

No, not at the moment

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 13:05 - Jan 20 with 8345 viewspickles110564

on 13:04 - Jan 20 by _

Libero have a watch m8.
Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 13:06 - Jan 20 with 8338 viewsHerbivore

I understand perfectly well why you think we need to leave, I just utterly disagree.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 13:06 - Jan 20 with 8335 viewsBluefish

Ah so you think we should ignore any reality, all business leaders, all experts and all common sense and follow comedy videos on Facebook

I'm not sure why brexiteers are labelled as thick

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

on 13:07 - Jan 20 with 8331 views_

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 13:05 - Jan 20 by pickles110564

Libero have a watch m8.

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 13:08 - Jan 20 with 8318 viewsDarth_Koont

I just watched it and they haven't understood the EU at all. Which pretty much explains why a lot of people want to leave it.

Still pushing the 350 million lie as well.

Pronouns: He/Him

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 13:09 - Jan 20 with 8312 viewsChampionship

Can you link us to it? I don't have Facebook so do you have a link to another source?

In summary, is it: "WE HAD A VOTE, DEMOCRACY, DEMOCRACY, DEMOCRACY"?
Login to get fewer ads

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 13:42 - Jan 20 with 8231 viewsPlums

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 13:09 - Jan 20 by Championship

Can you link us to it? I don't have Facebook so do you have a link to another source?

In summary, is it: "WE HAD A VOTE, DEMOCRACY, DEMOCRACY, DEMOCRACY"?

You’re being a bit flippant with that. It should be:

“WE HAD A MARGINAL ADVISORY VOTE BUT EVERYONE HAS AIRBRUSHED THAT BIT. DEMOCRACY, DEMOCRACY, DEMOCRACY”

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 13:53 - Jan 20 with 8210 viewsSpruceMoose

Jesus wept.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 13:55 - Jan 20 with 8207 viewsBloomBlue

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 13:05 - Jan 20 by ZedRodgers

I stopped using Facebook when I found out they were allowing companies to manipulate data to send faceless and factless Brexit propaganda to impressionable people.

[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 13:09]

It almost worked but thankfully not enough simple remainers were manipulated and voted for remain
Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:00 - Jan 20 with 8192 viewsm14_blue

A mixture of soundbites, distortions and outright lies.

All boxed up in possibly the least funny video I’ve ever seen.

What a waste of nearly 5 minutes of my life.
Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:04 - Jan 20 with 8184 viewsOxford_Blue

In short it is about

1. People
2. Law
3. Money

On 1, having control of your borders is a reasonable position shared by many other countries around the world.

On 2, the primacy of your own laws and rules, made by elected politicians and judges who follow English law, is not unreasonable and not is it unreasonable to want to retain democracy and not be in a European superstate.

It is 3 which is the biggest issue. People are worried about being poorer. And on this issue, my principles on 1 and 2 have a red line at some point.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 14:13]
Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:11 - Jan 20 with 8162 viewsHerbivore

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:04 - Jan 20 by Oxford_Blue

In short it is about

1. People
2. Law
3. Money

On 1, having control of your borders is a reasonable position shared by many other countries around the world.

On 2, the primacy of your own laws and rules, made by elected politicians and judges who follow English law, is not unreasonable and not is it unreasonable to want to retain democracy and not be in a European superstate.

It is 3 which is the biggest issue. People are worried about being poorer. And on this issue, my principles on 1 and 2 have a red line at some point.

I like the ability to travel, live and work freely in the EU. I also feel immigration benefits us, so 1 is a happy trade off for me. You've loaded 2 to make it sound like we make none of our own laws or have any input into shaping the laws we adopt from the EU. 3, you're right, we likely will be worse off, though not just financially imo.

I suspect 1 is your main issue (hence it being number 1 on your list) but for me it represents an insular and parochial viewpoint that I simply don't share.

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:15 - Jan 20 with 8145 viewsHARRY10

Speaking as someone who has recently been elevated to the heady heights of being one of the metropolitan liberal elite (sneering at that) I can well understand those who feel more comfortable doffing their caps to ordinary folk like Boris Johnson, or that 'man of the people' Rees-Mogg.

And leaving means the UK no longer has to worry about those pesky EU regulations, we just use them under WTO rules and change whenever the EU tells us.

And we don't get those EU busybodies telling us how clean the beaches and the air should be either. No poking their nose into our food (or wanting to eat either, I suspect). Yes, good old sausages in Dettol from the USA for me.

The lower orders need to know their place once again, and leaving the EU will certainly bring back bowing and scrapping.... and rickets, TB and most likely TB.

So vote Leave - the rich need more dumbass fickwits to keep them living off their backs.
Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:19 - Jan 20 with 8129 viewsm14_blue

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:04 - Jan 20 by Oxford_Blue

In short it is about

1. People
2. Law
3. Money

I think that’s a fair post.

I can completely understand why people would like control of our borders and laws, even if it doesn’t particularly worry me personally.

What bothers me is the idea that regaining these won’t come at a huge cost. What bothers me even more is that the people who will hear the brunt of this have been lied to by those who won’t be affected in the least. The likes of JRM, Boris and Farage will probably benefit whilst the people they lied to suffer the consequence.

The conflation of Brexit with other campaigns, namely Trump, the FLA and other anti immigration groups also concerns me.
Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:19 - Jan 20 with 8127 viewsnoggin

This nodger explains things pretty well.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:20 - Jan 20 with 8125 viewsOxford_Blue

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:11 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

I like the ability to travel, live and work freely in the EU. I also feel immigration benefits us, so 1 is a happy trade off for me. You've loaded 2 to make it sound like we make none of our own laws or have any input into shaping the laws we adopt from the EU. 3, you're right, we likely will be worse off, though not just financially imo.

I suspect 1 is your main issue (hence it being number 1 on your list) but for me it represents an insular and parochial viewpoint that I simply don't share.

1. You’ve assumed that control of borders means no immigration. That isn’t the point. The point is having the ability to welcome good quality immigrants who add value. Just like Australia and the Us and many other western countries do. Having no control over your borders means that you cannot stop poor quality immigrants from entering (by which I mean those who don’t want to work, or who take cash in hand jobs and undercut the local economy causing wage deflation). Immigration also hits certain areas disproportionately hard and places a huge strain on local resources. It is inevitable that someone who can earn eight or nine times their minimum wage will come to England. It is a flaw in the EU model where there is such economic disparity.

On 2, the ECA 1972 states that parliament and Uk courts must interpret UK law in line with EU law. There have been numerous cases of this (see “Factortame”). The ECJ is binding on the Supreme Court. Regulations have immediate effect without any domestic legislation being required.

3. I accept this is the main contentious area.
Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:21 - Jan 20 with 8127 viewsBlueorder

No need for videos. 48% of those that bothered to vote understood what they were voting for and 52% didn't

We've spent 2 years trying to negotiate a deal that closely resembles the one that we already have with the EU.
Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:25 - Jan 20 with 8110 viewsOxford_Blue

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:11 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

It isn’t helpful to accuse people of having insular and parochial views. It’s better to look at the merits or otherwise of what they say.

I address some of these in my other post.

I’d be interested as to whether you think there should be uncapped immigration regardless of the social and cultural and economic consequences, or whether you think there should be good quality immigration.

You’re also possibly conflating appreciating Europe as a place (and its culture) which I love as to many of my leave friends and colleagues, with the EU as a political entity. The EU is anti democratic, pro centralised control, and does not respect sovereignty. It is aimed at being a European superstate.
Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:26 - Jan 20 with 8102 viewsOxford_Blue

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:21 - Jan 20 by Blueorder

No need for videos. 48% of those that bothered to vote understood what they were voting for and 52% didn't

We've spent 2 years trying to negotiate a deal that closely resembles the one that we already have with the EU.

How can you possibly know the minds of 17 million people?
Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:29 - Jan 20 with 8092 viewsHerbivore

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:20 - Jan 20 by Oxford_Blue

1. You’ve assumed that control of borders means no immigration. That isn’t the point. The point is having the ability to welcome good quality immigrants who add value. Just like Australia and the Us and many other western countries do. Having no control over your borders means that you cannot stop poor quality immigrants from entering (by which I mean those who don’t want to work, or who take cash in hand jobs and undercut the local economy causing wage deflation). Immigration also hits certain areas disproportionately hard and places a huge strain on local resources. It is inevitable that someone who can earn eight or nine times their minimum wage will come to England. It is a flaw in the EU model where there is such economic disparity.

On 2, the ECA 1972 states that parliament and Uk courts must interpret UK law in line with EU law. There have been numerous cases of this (see “Factortame”). The ECJ is binding on the Supreme Court. Regulations have immediate effect without any domestic legislation being required.

You want us to model ourselves on Australia and the US? Christ. Who are these immigrants who are coming over here to not work? How are they supporting themselves?

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:30 - Jan 20 with 8089 viewsSpruceMoose

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:29 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

You want us to model ourselves on Australia and the US? Christ. Who are these immigrants who are coming over here to not work? How are they supporting themselves?

Yeah take it from me. You don't want to do that.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:36 - Jan 20 with 8074 viewsblueislander

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:20 - Jan 20 by Oxford_Blue

I love your argument about cash in hand jobs. Surely the onus is on the person paying to insist on correct invoices with VAT clearly shown. Of course British tradesmen would never accept cash in hand payments.
Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:54 - Jan 20 with 8049 viewsOxford_Blue

Some seem to struggle to explain to the remoaners why we should leave. on 14:36 - Jan 20 by blueislander

I love your argument about cash in hand jobs. Surely the onus is on the person paying to insist on correct invoices with VAT clearly shown. Of course British tradesmen would never accept cash in hand payments.

Wage deflation is an issue. If you’re a British plumber, you need to earn a certain amount because your family you are supporting is based here. If you’re sharing a flat with eight others and paying little rent and sending money plus benefits back to your family in Eastern Europe (the value of which is significant in local terms) then you’re in a far better position to accept lower rates.

I’m struggling to see why it is unreasonable to have control over a country’s borders and be able to choose an immigration policy that can flex and benefit the country as and when needed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024