Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolute best case 15:13 - Jan 20 with 6943 viewsPecker

I can see us winning 6 and drawing 3 of our remaining games. That would give us 39 points. The realistic results are 4 wins and 2 draws giving us 32. For the first time I have to admit that we are all but down. Very sad. I would usually be over yesterdays game by now, but I think it is the realisation that is hurting.
Absolute best case on 15:15 - Jan 20 with 5533 viewswkj

Pretty much have all but accepted our fate now too, We have to some how channel our inner Hull city to stand a chance now

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Absolute best case on 15:17 - Jan 20 with 5523 viewsChampionship

People need to stop trying to predict the future and play the situation we're in rather than their prediction. If we start playing predictions then we are down. If we play the reality where we are 7 points afraid and competing with three other very poor teams it seems a lot better. It's nothing to do with having your head in the sand either, it's literally about reality versus predictions.
Absolute best case on 15:17 - Jan 20 with 5526 viewsMullet

We need upsets and have for some time. The idea that any if not many of the games in this league are foregone conclusions is proven wrong every week.

A better test is what we can see on the pitch. Yesterday we looked like a relegated team, all the positives are potential and will come too late without massive change.

The question is who and how many of the 44 will be retained as and when the drop comes. Even if we survive this season, it is unlikely without Evans wholly changing his mind and approach we'd survive again.

He's ground us down to being fcuking Rotherham or Bolton at best thanks to these missteps.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Absolute best case on 15:18 - Jan 20 with 5510 viewswkj

Absolute best case on 15:17 - Jan 20 by Mullet

We need upsets and have for some time. The idea that any if not many of the games in this league are foregone conclusions is proven wrong every week.

A better test is what we can see on the pitch. Yesterday we looked like a relegated team, all the positives are potential and will come too late without massive change.

The question is who and how many of the 44 will be retained as and when the drop comes. Even if we survive this season, it is unlikely without Evans wholly changing his mind and approach we'd survive again.

He's ground us down to being fcuking Rotherham or Bolton at best thanks to these missteps.

Thats generous, I would almost be tempted to say Tranmere / Port Vale

Crybaby

Absolute best case on 15:20 - Jan 20 with 5482 viewsMullet

Absolute best case on 15:18 - Jan 20 by wkj

Thats generous, I would almost be tempted to say Tranmere / Port Vale

"At best" yo-yoing back up begging for a couple of seasons at this level is about as good as it'll lead to.

The idea we'll swell to someone like Brentford or the Blunts and do enough to fly up the table upon our return and stay there means a lot more variables will have to come good.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Absolute best case on 15:22 - Jan 20 with 5465 viewsfooters

Absolute best case on 15:20 - Jan 20 by Mullet

"At best" yo-yoing back up begging for a couple of seasons at this level is about as good as it'll lead to.

The idea we'll swell to someone like Brentford or the Blunts and do enough to fly up the table upon our return and stay there means a lot more variables will have to come good.

That's where Evans' hundred-point plan will come in handy.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Absolute best case on 15:25 - Jan 20 with 5446 viewsPecker

Absolute best case on 15:17 - Jan 20 by Championship

People need to stop trying to predict the future and play the situation we're in rather than their prediction. If we start playing predictions then we are down. If we play the reality where we are 7 points afraid and competing with three other very poor teams it seems a lot better. It's nothing to do with having your head in the sand either, it's literally about reality versus predictions.

If you look at the fixtures and how we played yesterday, then I cannot see us winning enough games. We have to win 3 just to get out of the bottom 3 and I cannot see us winning 3 more games than anyone. I agree that this league is unpredictable, but that is one hell of an ask.
Absolute best case on 15:35 - Jan 20 with 5387 viewsWarkystache

Absolute best case on 15:25 - Jan 20 by Pecker

If you look at the fixtures and how we played yesterday, then I cannot see us winning enough games. We have to win 3 just to get out of the bottom 3 and I cannot see us winning 3 more games than anyone. I agree that this league is unpredictable, but that is one hell of an ask.

Agreed, we're probably down and our next win will be as hard to fathom, given we were second best against a very poor Rotherham last week.

I just think the rebuilding process we're all crying out for won't come immediately in League One, where we'll be without the top earners. Our kids have proved they're not ready for a full season, so either we bite the bullet and invest in a bit of quality or we do a Charlton and stay fairly competitive on a tight budget without troubling the bigger spenders.

Whoever comes down with us will have more chance of going straight back.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Login to get fewer ads

Absolute best case on 15:35 - Jan 20 with 5387 viewsChris_Knights

Absolute best case on 15:25 - Jan 20 by Pecker

Hahaha.... winning 6 games ... do me a favour look at the stats, look at the players, look at their ability ? 6 games really you poor deranged soul. I’ve been a blue for 52 years and this team has NO chance and if some of you feel we will get out of this mess I do genuinely feel sorry for you. Get a grip and face facts .... we are a truly awful football team and when people start to realise this , that’s when the positive change will take place
Absolute best case on 15:43 - Jan 20 with 5341 viewswkj

Absolute best case on 15:35 - Jan 20 by Chris_Knights

Hahaha.... winning 6 games ... do me a favour look at the stats, look at the players, look at their ability ? 6 games really you poor deranged soul. I’ve been a blue for 52 years and this team has NO chance and if some of you feel we will get out of this mess I do genuinely feel sorry for you. Get a grip and face facts .... we are a truly awful football team and when people start to realise this , that’s when the positive change will take place

Steady on mate, i mean, Pecker did pretty much just sum all of that up in 3 words.

Absolute best case

Crybaby

Absolute best case on 16:02 - Jan 20 with 5298 viewsIllinoisblue

We are down. There is no way this error-prone, quality-free squad will stay up. We don’t score, make multiple defensive mistakes every single game... we are gone, down, done for.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Absolute best case on 16:03 - Jan 20 with 5286 viewsTractorWood

Absolute best case on 16:02 - Jan 20 by Illinoisblue

We are down. There is no way this error-prone, quality-free squad will stay up. We don’t score, make multiple defensive mistakes every single game... we are gone, down, done for.

We've won 3 of the last 28. We are just in that purgatory before it's mathematically done.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Absolute best case on 16:14 - Jan 20 with 5235 viewsStu_boy

Absolute best case on 15:35 - Jan 20 by Warkystache

Agreed, we're probably down and our next win will be as hard to fathom, given we were second best against a very poor Rotherham last week.

I just think the rebuilding process we're all crying out for won't come immediately in League One, where we'll be without the top earners. Our kids have proved they're not ready for a full season, so either we bite the bullet and invest in a bit of quality or we do a Charlton and stay fairly competitive on a tight budget without troubling the bigger spenders.

I do not agree with this, Bolton look to be in a right mess financially, how often have we heard that they havnt paid the players wages? why would they be in a better position to win promotion?
The only reason they have 22 points is cos they had a really impressive start to the season 10 pts in the first four which means at this moment 2 wins out of the last 23, I also think they have an aging squad

Reading will have a chance however I would imagine they have a fair few earning high wages meaning a mass exodus is almost inevitable given the wage cap in league 1
Absolute best case on 16:18 - Jan 20 with 5222 viewsBent_double

Absolute best case on 15:35 - Jan 20 by Warkystache

I'm already following what's happening in L1 with more interest than I usually would. We have to hope/assume that Sunderland and Portsmouth will be 2 of the bigger teams in that league who will be promoted from there in May, as for the 3rd, Pboro or Charlton perhaps.

Of course the 2 other teams that go down with us, lets say Bolton and Rotherham, will be amongst the favourites for an immediate return as it's what they do - yoyo between the two leagues practically every season.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Absolute best case on 16:32 - Jan 20 with 5174 viewsIllinoisblue

Absolute best case on 16:03 - Jan 20 by TractorWood

We've won 3 of the last 28. We are just in that purgatory before it's mathematically done.

I’ve reached the acceptance stage of the grieving process. It’s actually very soothing. Embrace reality and prepare for Fleetwood away!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Absolute best case on 16:42 - Jan 20 with 5128 viewsHarry_Palmer

Absolute best case on 16:14 - Jan 20 by Stu_boy

I do not agree with this, Bolton look to be in a right mess financially, how often have we heard that they havnt paid the players wages? why would they be in a better position to win promotion?
The only reason they have 22 points is cos they had a really impressive start to the season 10 pts in the first four which means at this moment 2 wins out of the last 23, I also think they have an aging squad

Reading will have a chance however I would imagine they have a fair few earning high wages meaning a mass exodus is almost inevitable given the wage cap in league 1

I believe Reading will get out of it. Rotherham, Bolton and us for the drop.
Absolute best case on 16:50 - Jan 20 with 5077 viewsBlueBadger

Absolute best case on 16:32 - Jan 20 by Illinoisblue

I’ve reached the acceptance stage of the grieving process. It’s actually very soothing. Embrace reality and prepare for Fleetwood away!

At this stage of the season, I'm of the view that I'll be pleased if we just don't finish bottom.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Absolute best case on 17:00 - Jan 20 with 5027 viewsArnieM

I can almost accept our fate. Bug what I think is important is where possible finish the season with a but of a late flurry , playing with no Pressure , so that we finish the season on a winning bounce ready for next season . As teams often carry that form through to the next season. But having said that I can see the team once again being totally different from what we currently have .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Absolute best case on 17:43 - Jan 20 with 4894 viewsPecker

Absolute best case on 15:35 - Jan 20 by Chris_Knights

I did say best case and that I think 4.
Absolute best case on 20:59 - Jan 20 with 4606 viewsWestSussexBlue

Absolute best case on 15:15 - Jan 20 by wkj

Pretty much have all but accepted our fate now too, We have to some how channel our inner Hull city to stand a chance now

Im pretty much in acceptance now, not necessarily because of our own points and performance levels but the fact that teams around us are digging out results, Reading beating Forest last week, Millwall getting a point at Boro. Even Brentford now moving clear again.
They seem to be doing what we can’t.
Absolute best case on 21:07 - Jan 20 with 4572 viewsgordon

We'll have to improve quite a lot to get four wins between now and the end of the season!
Absolute best case on 21:30 - Jan 20 with 4483 viewsm14_blue

Absolute best case on 16:32 - Jan 20 by Illinoisblue

Weekend in Blackpool. Bring it on.

In fact, 2 weekends in Blackpool, league 1 is going to be amazing. What a time to be alive.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 21:38]
Absolute best case on 02:37 - Jan 21 with 4273 viewsBenters2

Absolute best case on 21:30 - Jan 20 by m14_blue

Weekend in Blackpool. Bring it on.

In fact, 2 weekends in Blackpool, league 1 is going to be amazing. What a time to be alive.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 21:38]

Living the dream.
Absolute best case on 02:57 - Jan 21 with 4266 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

I haven't given up yet. Still ample points and time ahead to avert the situation. Viewed the remaining games some time recent and there's some tough encounters to come but keep in mind the opposition themselves will have their own objectives.

Regrettably don't believe the players we possess are good enough to survive or there's not enough consistency and motivation to get out of the predicament.
Absolute best case on 03:30 - Jan 21 with 4255 viewsMrTown

Winning 6? Where on earth are we going to get 6 wins from, we’ve won 3 all season. We could beat Reading at home and maybe a draw away at Bolton. Every thing else is a defeat with the odd draw in there.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024