Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned 17:25 - Jan 20 with 2851 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Two players I feel bad for.

Harrison was brilliant against Millwall and was the only bright spark against Accrington.... Doesn't feature against Rotherham, yet an unfit Dawkins does. The he is left out completely against Blackburn.

Kenlock plays well against Millwall, is then dropped at Accrington for a loanee who was bang average against a league 1 side. Who keeps his place for the next two games.

Not a huge dig as I know it is a pretty much impossible task to keep us up, but it frustrates me that we wasted loans when we didn't need to.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 17:31 - Jan 20 with 2807 viewsHerbivore

My bigger issue has been the Hurstesque decision to change formation to accommodate a whole host of not fully fit signings.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 17:37 - Jan 20 with 2775 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 17:31 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

My bigger issue has been the Hurstesque decision to change formation to accommodate a whole host of not fully fit signings.

Agree, Judge on the right, Keane as a number 10, Sears on the wing. Bizarre

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 17:54 - Jan 20 with 2711 viewslmfcblue

Agree... Lambert is good in so many ways but does have some stinkers
Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 18:04 - Jan 20 with 2668 views44_not_out

“Harrison was brilliant”.... hmmm, I think he did ok, but to say he was brilliant is a bit of an over statement.
Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 18:09 - Jan 20 with 2637 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 18:04 - Jan 20 by 44_not_out

“Harrison was brilliant”.... hmmm, I think he did ok, but to say he was brilliant is a bit of an over statement.

Disagree, he was playing against two huge centre halves and he held the ball up well and Brought others to play. That first half against Millwall was the best I've seen in ages and he was a huge part in that.

Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 18:21 - Jan 20 with 2601 viewsMrTown

Agree some deductions have to be questioned. Still have the belief he is the right man for Town long term but doesn’t mean you have to agree with every decision.

Sears/ Keane / Judge as a creative 3 was incredibly bizarre, especially with Judge as Right Midfield.

Kenlock is long term
Downes is long term
Bishop is long term
Lankester is long term

And they just can’t get a sniff.

Unfortunately it seemed an air of desperation to get as many of the signings in as possible.

Judge / Bishop / Lankester is my preferred 3 behind Keane as a number 9.
Also prefer Skuse/Downes over Skuse/Chalobah

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 18:40 - Jan 20 with 2539 viewsbluesym

While i agree that Lambert has made some questionable decisions, personally i am not convinced by Kenlock.Yes I know he is young ( although he has been in and around the squad for 3 seasons now) there is just something about his game that just doesn’t convince me.

Elder has seemed solid enough in the little we have seen of him but wasnt great yesterday.

Isnt there another young left back doing well for the u19’s/u23’s? Clements?

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 19:55 - Jan 20 with 2296 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 18:40 - Jan 20 by bluesym

While i agree that Lambert has made some questionable decisions, personally i am not convinced by Kenlock.Yes I know he is young ( although he has been in and around the squad for 3 seasons now) there is just something about his game that just doesn’t convince me.

Elder has seemed solid enough in the little we have seen of him but wasnt great yesterday.

Isnt there another young left back doing well for the u19’s/u23’s? Clements?

I just can't remember Kenlock having a bad game when he has played. I remember him playing really well against Boro and keeping Traore quiet.

Login to get fewer ads

Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 20:09 - Jan 20 with 2240 viewsreusersfreekicks

Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 19:55 - Jan 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

I just can't remember Kenlock having a bad game when he has played. I remember him playing really well against Boro and keeping Traore quiet.

Or even play Knudsen til he goes - doesn't strike me as a player not to give his best. Lambert spoke about Elder learning the game which seems strange for a loanee brought in to help us out of the pooh
Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 20:21 - Jan 20 with 2192 viewsLeagueOne

Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 18:09 - Jan 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

Disagree, he was playing against two huge centre halves and he held the ball up well and Brought others to play. That first half against Millwall was the best I've seen in ages and he was a huge part in that.

He worked hard and had a good game but he's by no means good enough to play at this level is he.

As for Lambert, we beat Rotherham, just, and people were expecting a point against Blackburn forgetting just how bad Rotherham are and how close they were to beating us anyway. You can't put Keane, Quaner, Dawkins, Elder alongside two blokes in their 30's (and likely to get injured) in Collins and Judge and expect to stay up either. These were "help" they were not progress, we're already planning on being down so I don't expect half of them to be here next season when Evans trims to fat again.

We will be lucky to win another game all season, yesterday is as bad as we've played against a truly bad side too.

Evans is the reason we're a third division club.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 21:02 - Jan 20 with 2082 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Yes I think there is life in Jackson and particularly Harrison. Don't see much in Quaner he can't get in the poorest attack in the PL. I always think we should try harder to develop our own even if they've been signed by the devil Hurst. Surely Kenlock is better than Elder. A fit Bishop, Dozzell and Downes together with the experience of Skuse in midfield. Too many changes yet again. Lambert himself says it's mad to make too many changes yet he's doing exactly that.
Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 21:33 - Jan 20 with 2014 views44_not_out

Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 20:09 - Jan 20 by reusersfreekicks

Or even play Knudsen til he goes - doesn't strike me as a player not to give his best. Lambert spoke about Elder learning the game which seems strange for a loanee brought in to help us out of the pooh

Play Knudsen...... que meltdown
Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 22:04 - Jan 20 with 1948 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 20:21 - Jan 20 by LeagueOne

He worked hard and had a good game but he's by no means good enough to play at this level is he.

As for Lambert, we beat Rotherham, just, and people were expecting a point against Blackburn forgetting just how bad Rotherham are and how close they were to beating us anyway. You can't put Keane, Quaner, Dawkins, Elder alongside two blokes in their 30's (and likely to get injured) in Collins and Judge and expect to stay up either. These were "help" they were not progress, we're already planning on being down so I don't expect half of them to be here next season when Evans trims to fat again.

We will be lucky to win another game all season, yesterday is as bad as we've played against a truly bad side too.

Evans is the reason we're a third division club.

I think Harrison is good enough for this level

Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 22:37 - Jan 20 with 1876 viewsnshearman1

Some of Lambert's decisions have to be questioned on 20:09 - Jan 20 by reusersfreekicks

Agreed. While I am delighted by PL and think he has done extremely well with his acquisitions generally, I find the Elder thing baffling. It feels like he panicked when he realised Knudsen is probably off. Bringing in another loan - and he's said he's against loanees in general and this added to the pile we have - was odd, but to bring another player in who is not much more experienced than Kenlock and presumably is on higher wages (being from a Premiership club) just seems wrong. There were and are bigger priorities elsewhere - notably RB, still not solved. And now he has put himself in a position where it seems he has to play him. Elder looks like a bad mistake that could have cost us a miraculous Escape To Victory.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024