Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC super fans.......... 19:06 - Jan 21 with 7248 viewsBanburyBlue

Do you know anyone who would classify as a super fan?

I work with a guy who I think would qualify: Seen us play at 88 league grounds and many others including grounds on pre season tours. barely missed a game home and away for at least 20 years. Even goes away to all the under's games, most Saturdays when we are at home he takes in an unders game at Playford road before FPR in the pm. On Sundays goes and watches the Ladies. God knows how much he has spent on all of this and he drives himself and his brother to all the games! I think im a pretty good supporter but he is something else!
Anyone know anyone who can outdo that?

Banbury Blue Back in Town

ITFC super fans.......... on 00:12 - Jan 22 with 2075 viewsfactual_blue

ITFC super fans.......... on 22:57 - Jan 21 by henley07

I thought the same Frans but didn't want to rock the boat,but seeing as you have.....
I'm guessing he must have been including a few sides who are no longer in the league,Darlington,Chester,Hartlepool etc.
Good effort nonetheless!

You can of course count two grounds each for Stoke, Derby, Southampton, Brighton (or possibly three for them), Millwall, Arsenal, Sunderland, Middlesbrough.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

ITFC super fans.......... on 00:15 - Jan 22 with 2075 viewsfactual_blue

ITFC super fans.......... on 19:44 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

Kempy was a "Superfan" and Sitters reminds me of a young Kempy - with ears but without sporadic football violence as a younger man.

[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 20:22]

I used to sit a couple of rows behind Kempy in the Britannia Stand. He seemed quite angry a lot of the time (although to be fair, there's often a great deal to be angry about at PR).

Nice gesture by the club to leave a memorial on his seat until the end of the season.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

ITFC super fans.......... on 06:13 - Jan 22 with 2011 viewschevblue

ITFC super fans.......... on 23:03 - Jan 21 by gainsboroughblue

The 92 club is something that needs to be reviewed every year now if you are intending to complete it. Prior to 1986, barring expulsion or failing to be re-elected, you had the same 92 clubs all the time.

I'm pretty sure, in the late 70s or early 80s, I read in the magazine that used to be in the middle of the match day programme (name anyone?), that someone had done the 130 club, including the 38 pro clubs North of the Border. Even that it isn't straight forward now given the recent introduction of play-offs from the Highland/Lowland Leagues.

The middle bit was "The Football League Review"

Blog: [Blog] Total Football

ITFC super fans.......... on 06:27 - Jan 22 with 2004 viewsBenters2

ITFC super fans.......... on 19:54 - Jan 21 by Burwell_Blue

Single. Lives with his mum.

this.
ITFC super fans.......... on 08:00 - Jan 22 with 1961 viewscarlisleaway

ITFC super fans.......... on 06:27 - Jan 22 by Benters2

this.

Sounds a good guy.

The grounds we have not played at are Fleetwood, Macclesfield, Cheltenham and Forest Green

He must be an elder gentleman as we have not played Newport, Mansfield or Rochdale for many years...
ITFC super fans.......... on 10:40 - Jan 22 with 1917 viewsLord_Lucan

ITFC super fans.......... on 00:15 - Jan 22 by factual_blue

I used to sit a couple of rows behind Kempy in the Britannia Stand. He seemed quite angry a lot of the time (although to be fair, there's often a great deal to be angry about at PR).

Nice gesture by the club to leave a memorial on his seat until the end of the season.

I used to knock about with him from the age of about 15 in 81 but a few years later we drifted apart a bit but remained a good friend.

One of my defining life moments was after an away game at Norwich in 81. We had two minibuses and after the game half wanted to go home and half wanted to stay in Norwich all night. My best mate at the time Abdul had already been nicked so I decided to go back. Everyone jumped into the "Stay" or "Go" minibus and went on their way.

All the contents of the "Stay" minibus (including Kempy) ended up on remand and didn't come home for 6 about months - missing the UEFA Cup Final to boot.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

ITFC super fans.......... on 12:03 - Jan 22 with 1864 viewsPJH

on 22:45 - Jan 21 by _

If you mean Ultimate Membership you do not get given it, you buy it for £59.99 per season.
It means that you automatically get sent (and debit for)a ticket for each away game rather than having to buy each time.
There are numerous other benefits too but as I say, you are not given it.
on 12:16 - Jan 22 with 1850 views_

ITFC super fans.......... on 12:03 - Jan 22 by PJH

If you mean Ultimate Membership you do not get given it, you buy it for £59.99 per season.
It means that you automatically get sent (and debit for)a ticket for each away game rather than having to buy each time.
There are numerous other benefits too but as I say, you are not given it.

Login to get fewer ads

ITFC super fans.......... on 12:23 - Jan 22 with 1833 viewswkj

To me a super fan is someone who shows up and supports the team. Not who has the biggest bank balance (which in turn leads to attending 48 games, (inc cup games) and all the friendlies.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 12:23]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

ITFC super fans.......... on 12:25 - Jan 22 with 1825 viewsitfcjoe

ITFC super fans.......... on 12:23 - Jan 22 by wkj

To me a super fan is someone who shows up and supports the team. Not who has the biggest bank balance (which in turn leads to attending 48 games, (inc cup games) and all the friendlies.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 12:23]

It's surely not about a big bank balance, but those who will sacrifice more for it - all their disposable income spent on ITFC etc

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 12:28 - Jan 22 with 1819 views_

ITFC super fans.......... on 12:25 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

It's surely not about a big bank balance, but those who will sacrifice more for it - all their disposable income spent on ITFC etc

ITFC super fans.......... on 12:56 - Jan 22 with 1785 viewsGlasgowBlue

My boy was named as eon's True Blue in 2007 for flying down to every home game from Scotland. As he was only seven at the time I accompanied him down for every game that made me a super fan at the time.

Elvin King did a double page spread in the EADT on us which was then picked up by the national's.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

ITFC super fans.......... on 13:59 - Jan 22 with 1751 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Myself.. haven't missed a game this year

***Look at Me****

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024