Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloody I-phone charging 12:41 - Jan 22 with 2091 viewsagentp

I am on my 4th i phone and this is the 3rd one consecutively that won't charge. It also shuts off at 18%. The previous 2 phones have all had the same problem when they reach about 14 months old.

My daughter had the same problem and switched to Ha...... Chinese thing. My wife also switched to the said Chinese thing.

Just about sick of I-phones, anyone else enciuntered problems?

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Bloody I-phone charging on 12:45 - Jan 22 with 2070 viewsSuperblue95

I use Iphones more out of habit than thinking they’re any better than any other smart phone. I tend to replace every 2 years and for the final 6 months of that period the phone is generally close to unusable. I’ve often had the charging issues/battery dying when on higher %.

The most annoying was my old IPhone 4 that used to delete all my contacts on a regular basis

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Bloody I-phone charging on 12:46 - Jan 22 with 2067 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Get yourself a Blackberry KeyOne.

Not fashionable, but the best phone you can buy!

Great battery life too.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bloody I-phone charging on 12:52 - Jan 22 with 2043 viewsagentp

Bloody I-phone charging on 12:45 - Jan 22 by Superblue95

I use Iphones more out of habit than thinking they’re any better than any other smart phone. I tend to replace every 2 years and for the final 6 months of that period the phone is generally close to unusable. I’ve often had the charging issues/battery dying when on higher %.

The most annoying was my old IPhone 4 that used to delete all my contacts on a regular basis

Glad it's not just me. Thanks for that..

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Bloody I-phone charging on 12:56 - Jan 22 with 2022 viewsIpswichKnight

Never had a problem with iphones my last one was over 2 1/2 years old when I upgraded it and I never had a problem with it ( apart from once when it wouldn't power up but that was solved by cleaning the power port and it worked perfectly afterwards ) .
Bloody I-phone charging on 12:59 - Jan 22 with 2003 viewsKieran_Knows

My last iPhone done something similar. Had it for the 2 year contract and then switched to sim only (was great, was getting more than double what I was on my contract, for half the price!), but after about 2-3 months my phone just kept switching off as soon as it dropped from 100%-99%, so could only ever use it if it was on charge!

Safe to say I get fairly annoyed with that so did end up upgrading.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bloody I-phone charging on 13:02 - Jan 22 with 1992 viewsBurwell_Blue

Recently upgraded my 6S to an XR, primarily because I was in town and bored but the 6S was good as gold after 4 years.

Wife also has an XR, daughter has a XS Max, we have a long history of i devices and never have a problem with batteries.
Bloody I-phone charging on 13:04 - Jan 22 with 1979 viewsagentp

Bloody I-phone charging on 12:59 - Jan 22 by Kieran_Knows

My last iPhone done something similar. Had it for the 2 year contract and then switched to sim only (was great, was getting more than double what I was on my contract, for half the price!), but after about 2-3 months my phone just kept switching off as soon as it dropped from 100%-99%, so could only ever use it if it was on charge!

Yeah, sounds right. I paid off the last 2-3 months of the contract on the last TWO phones and here I am having to do the same again with this one. The phone is pretty much unusable now and have another 3 months until an upgrade. I have been loyal to I-phone and really regret getting another. This time it's going to have to be something else. I really regret having another.

Bloody I-phone charging on 13:19 - Jan 22 with 1942 viewsgiant_stow

Bloody I-phone charging on 12:59 - Jan 22 by Kieran_Knows

My old iphone 6 does that and is now slow as plop. I bought an honor 9 lite for £130 and its better all round by miles. I know it's new, so not the fairest test, but I believe a new iphone 6 would cost loads more and be loads worse.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Bloody I-phone charging on 14:31 - Jan 22 with 1843 viewsVaughan8

My wife has an iPhone and an IWatch and both are pretty rubbish with the battery lasting. I think Apple can replace the battery for about £100ish. I know its a cost but a lot cheaper than buying a new phone/entering a new contract.

The cynical people will say its probably done on purpose to get you to get a new phone...……

I have a Samsung and the battery is generally fine unless I leave certain apps open which drain it!
Bloody I-phone charging on 14:35 - Jan 22 with 1833 viewsRobTheMonk

I'm still rocking an iPhone4s on a £3.99 ID mobile monthly rolling contract. I literally only use it for whatsapp, FB messenger and phonecalls.
Bloody I-phone charging on 14:36 - Jan 22 with 1826 viewsBrixtonBlue

Have you thought about checking your charger?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Bloody I-phone charging on 14:52 - Jan 22 with 1804 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Had my iPhone 6 for just over 4 years and it has been been ok, but been letting itself down for the past few months.

Biggest frustration is charge disappearing (within hours of being fully charged) switching itself off, not to be switched on again until you charge it again... but then as soon as you plug it into the charger it restarts and says its on 60% battery.. I have a bullet rechargeable battery that I carry in case of emergencies.

Not overly wedded to the apple brand, but now I've had it for 4 years the hassle of switching to android is enough of an obstacle..
Bloody I-phone charging on 15:06 - Jan 22 with 1783 viewsagentp

Bloody I-phone charging on 14:36 - Jan 22 by BrixtonBlue

Have you thought about checking your charger?

Yeah, have two chargers one at work and one at home and neither work. Also tried my sons.

Bloody I-phone charging on 15:07 - Jan 22 with 1780 viewsagentp

Bloody I-phone charging on 14:52 - Jan 22 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Had my iPhone 6 for just over 4 years and it has been been ok, but been letting itself down for the past few months.

Biggest frustration is charge disappearing (within hours of being fully charged) switching itself off, not to be switched on again until you charge it again... but then as soon as you plug it into the charger it restarts and says its on 60% battery.. I have a bullet rechargeable battery that I carry in case of emergencies.

Not overly wedded to the apple brand, but now I've had it for 4 years the hassle of switching to android is enough of an obstacle..

Yeah, and why I have been loyal to apple, but the hassle of switching may be worth it now.

Bloody I-phone charging on 16:11 - Jan 22 with 1726 viewsBurwell_Blue

Bloody I-phone charging on 14:31 - Jan 22 by Vaughan8

My wife has an iPhone and an IWatch and both are pretty rubbish with the battery lasting. I think Apple can replace the battery for about £100ish. I know its a cost but a lot cheaper than buying a new phone/entering a new contract.

The cynical people will say its probably done on purpose to get you to get a new phone...……

I have a Samsung and the battery is generally fine unless I leave certain apps open which drain it!

Battery replacement is £45
Bloody I-phone charging on 16:24 - Jan 22 with 1712 viewsBueller

Do you use the original plug and cable? Or are you prone to using a an iPad plug, constantly plugged in to a car USB charger or use a replacement cheaper usb lead frequently?

These are the things I have been told very detrimental to an iPhone battery when I was last in the Apple Store.

Although you do not need the aggro the Apple Care/Warranty is excellent, they normally just replace rather than trying to fix in my experience.
Bloody I-phone charging on 16:32 - Jan 22 with 1699 viewsGlebeTractor

I switched to Chinese thing and my battery lasts 2 days! lovely.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024