Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scousers love a good fundraiser don't they 13:43 - Jan 22 with 1401 viewsLord_Lucan

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fundraising-target-digger-dr

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Scousers love a good fundraiser don't they on 15:19 - Jan 22 with 1295 viewsDeano69

Seen this elsewhere. Crazy!

I am all for making a stand and standing by your principles, however, £600 and to cause that much damage seems over the top. And it would have been quite an ordeal for any employee in the vicinity (who certainly wouldn't have been responsible for the £600)

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Scousers love a good fundraiser don't they on 15:40 - Jan 22 with 1260 viewsitfcjoe

Scousers love a good fundraiser don't they on 15:19 - Jan 22 by Deano69

Seen this elsewhere. Crazy!

I am all for making a stand and standing by your principles, however, £600 and to cause that much damage seems over the top. And it would have been quite an ordeal for any employee in the vicinity (who certainly wouldn't have been responsible for the £600)

I guess we don't know what he has tried to go through to get his £600, if he is being totally shafted then can understand it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Scousers love a good fundraiser don't they on 15:51 - Jan 22 with 1235 viewstomo

Scousers love a good fundraiser don't they on 15:40 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

I guess we don't know what he has tried to go through to get his £600, if he is being totally shafted then can understand it

I have just been chatting to a site manager who apparently knows someone on this job. Apparently he was due to be paid but the funds weren’t showing due to a Lloyd’s Banking problem, so nothing the main contractor / agency could do and the funds cleared not long after he did this.
Like most things I hear on site it’s worth taking with a lot of salt but if true I bet he feels like a bit of a plonker.
Scousers love a good fundraiser don't they on 15:57 - Jan 22 with 1220 viewsartsbossbeard

Scousers love a good fundraiser don't they on 15:51 - Jan 22 by tomo

I have just been chatting to a site manager who apparently knows someone on this job. Apparently he was due to be paid but the funds weren’t showing due to a Lloyd’s Banking problem, so nothing the main contractor / agency could do and the funds cleared not long after he did this.
Like most things I hear on site it’s worth taking with a lot of salt but if true I bet he feels like a bit of a plonker.

There's talk of a WhatsApp group chat with the bloke involved and it came to light after that it is a banking error rather than contractor error.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Scousers love a good fundraiser don't they on 16:20 - Jan 22 with 1183 viewsDeano69

Scousers love a good fundraiser don't they on 15:40 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

I take your point, but for £600 (which I am not belittling) seems very excessive.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Scousers love a good fundraiser don't they on 16:26 - Jan 22 with 1168 viewsitfcjoe

Scousers love a good fundraiser don't they on 16:20 - Jan 22 by Deano69

I take your point, but for £600 (which I am not belittling) seems very excessive.

It is, but I'm sure there is a case in this industry where it would be fair - if being constantly messed about and dangled on a hook for weeks on end - part payments, still expecting work, recalls etc.

Sure that isn't all the case, but the actual amount can become tantamount to just having p155 taking out of you constantly - but to react so OTT is clearly wrong.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Scousers love a good fundraiser don't they on 16:51 - Jan 22 with 1120 viewsLord_Lucan

Scousers love a good fundraiser don't they on 16:26 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

It is, but I'm sure there is a case in this industry where it would be fair - if being constantly messed about and dangled on a hook for weeks on end - part payments, still expecting work, recalls etc.

Sure that isn't all the case, but the actual amount can become tantamount to just having p155 taking out of you constantly - but to react so OTT is clearly wrong.

One customer knocked me for £25k last week, trouble is they had 30 shops and I haven't got 30 fork lifts.

I bet if I smashed one of their windows I'd get community service.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Scousers love a good fundraiser don't they on 16:59 - Jan 22 with 1101 viewsBenters2

I like him a lot.

I bet if he ran on here he would be a numbskull.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024