Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freddie Sears 13:52 - Jan 22 with 1035 viewsSmithy

When he was playing in his own words the best football of his career in the early weeks of Lamberts reign was he not playing in the same position on the left side of attack??

This myth that Lambert is now playing him out of position is wierd

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Freddie Sears on 13:55 - Jan 22 with 1006 viewsdavblue

He's not good enough unfortunately.

I like him but he's a limited player, he has pace but that's his only way of beating a player knock it past them and run.

His finishing is erratic, he's not skillful, and lacks composure from that wide position.
Freddie Sears on 14:03 - Jan 22 with 976 viewsSmithy

Freddie Sears on 13:55 - Jan 22 by davblue

I like him but he's a limited player, he has pace but that's his only way of beating a player knock it past them and run.

His finishing is erratic, he's not skillful, and lacks composure from that wide position.

agreed

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Freddie Sears on 14:24 - Jan 22 with 919 viewsBluefish

Freddie Sears on 13:55 - Jan 22 by davblue

This

Moving him wide got more out of a likable but limited player. He is a poorer version of Mickey Stockwell

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Freddie Sears on 14:26 - Jan 22 with 917 viewsStenvict

Has anyone else noticed that if Sears doesn't think he has a 100% chance of getting the ball from a through ball or pass, he always drops his head and just stops? Also, I get the feeling that when in a crossing position, he'd rather deliberately play the ball off the opposition player and get a corner than get a cross in.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Freddie Sears on 14:33 - Jan 22 with 902 viewsSteve_M

We were slightly more on the front foot then and he was playing off Roberts early on whereas in recent matches he's been very much a winger. To me wide in a front three is his best position.

Sears looks like he needs a break and has done since Christmas, it's the net result of doing as much running as he does (I don't know but I suspect it's been more than anyone else over the last two months).

He's neither the striker he looked when he was int he form of his career in 2014-15 nor a washed up player not good enough for this level, he's an ok Championship player with pace, an impressive workrate and erratic finishing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024