Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) 19:04 - Jan 22 with 2456 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 19:06 - Jan 22 with 2439 viewsHerbivore

We've already received over £3.5m.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 19:09 - Jan 22 with 2428 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 19:06 - Jan 22 by Herbivore

We've already received over £3.5m.

Thought the fee was rumoured 3.5m? Either way feel like we could have driven the price up.

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 19:17 - Jan 22 with 2394 views44_not_out

I know, but just remember we got Kaydon Jackson for the very generous sum of 1.7m...... oh hang on, I’ve just remembered, he’s s***
Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 19:25 - Jan 22 with 2367 viewsMrTown

Im sure I read that we have to pay a percentage sell on fee back to Portsmouth, which if I remember correctly is 700k. Leaving only a final figure of 2.8m

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 19:29 - Jan 22 with 2338 viewsEly_Blue

The difference being one is going to a Premier League club, the other to a team in the championship, I’m sure if Bournemouth were after Webster we would have got more than 3.5m

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 19:52 - Jan 22 with 2262 viewsbournemouthblue

Webster was massively under priced imho, I fully expect him to move on for a pretty tasty fee at some point in the future

You can see just how important he was to our defence now he has gone

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 19:57 - Jan 22 with 2233 viewsHerbivore

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 19:09 - Jan 22 by Pauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Thought the fee was rumoured 3.5m? Either way feel like we could have driven the price up.

Rising to £8m, and I seem to recall that some of the extras have already been triggered.

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 19:57 - Jan 22 with 2232 viewsBluefish

Premier league clubs spend more than championship clubs. Webster wasn't wanted by a championship club but mepham is wanted by more than one. He is class and could look a bargain at 12m

It means we might face Mings on Saturday as well

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 20:20 - Jan 22 with 2134 viewsAce_High1

We never get good fees when you compare to our rivals. Its been happening for years, we sell someone for a few £m and get told its good business and then another club in the Championship sell a similar player for 3 x the value.
Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 20:33 - Jan 22 with 2075 viewsbournemouthblue

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 20:20 - Jan 22 by Ace_High1

We never get good fees when you compare to our rivals. Its been happening for years, we sell someone for a few £m and get told its good business and then another club in the Championship sell a similar player for 3 x the value.

We did alright with Mings and Wickham?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 20:35 - Jan 22 with 2071 viewssuffolkpoker

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 20:33 - Jan 22 by bournemouthblue

Also got good money for waghorn

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 20:39 - Jan 22 with 2060 viewsEly_Blue

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 20:33 - Jan 22 by bournemouthblue

And if we had sold them to higher championship clubs we would have got less indeed so I’m not sure what the OP is whinging about, he is comparing apples with bananas

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 20:48 - Jan 22 with 2028 viewsHerbivore

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 20:20 - Jan 22 by Ace_High1

That just isn't true.

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 09:13 - Jan 23 with 1612 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 19:52 - Jan 22 by bournemouthblue

Webster was massively under priced imho, I fully expect him to move on for a pretty tasty fee at some point in the future

You can see just how important he was to our defence now he has gone

Whilst i agree he was probably under priced, i don't agree with the whole important to our defence thing. Guy was injured for a lot of his time here. Undoubtedly a quality player but i can understand the sale given the injury record.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Chris Mepham 12m, Adam Webster 3.5m... we've been robbed by Bristol (n/t) on 09:16 - Jan 23 with 1602 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'd say it's more a case of we rarely have a player to sell that could command a high fee. When we do (e.g. Mings, as others have pointed out) we do ok. Mings has made 14 appearances in the last 4 years. I know he had that terrible injury that ruled him out for the first year, but still that shockingly bad value from Bournemouth's perspective.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024