Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich rethink 19:22 - Jan 22 with 4268 viewsMrTown

Am currently away so have not been reading or thinking about ITFC, however was waiting for my coffee and was speaking to my mate who is a Stoke City ST, it started with the Knudsen link, but he is absolutely convinced that ITFC will be a really really good side in 2 years. He loves his football, knows his football and is constantly telling me with the kids we’ve got Downes, Bishop and Lankester are going to produce an incredible team.

He is convinced Dozzell will be off at the first sniff of money, gutted Lambert left, thought he had no chance when he arrived as the ship was sunk way before his arrival, wished Lambert had stayed when they went down and thinks he will bring us back up from L1 with a really really good side.
He also said the Knudsen link ruined his day

But it has made me think he could well be right. Whilst getting beaten and battered every week at the moment, in the future years with Lambert in charge, we are going to have one incredibly talented goood football team!

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Ipswich rethink on 19:25 - Jan 22 with 3280 viewsWD19

Tell me more about why he thinks Dozzell will be off at the first sniff of money, but not Lankester.....
Ipswich rethink on 19:25 - Jan 22 with 3274 viewsIllinoisblue

your Stoke season-ticket holding friend seems to know an awful lot about Ipswich.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cool story, cheers. (n/t) on 19:26 - Jan 22 with 3263 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Ipswich rethink on 19:31 - Jan 22 with 3232 viewsBurwell_Blue

Ipswich rethink on 19:25 - Jan 22 by WD19

Tell me more about why he thinks Dozzell will be off at the first sniff of money, but not Lankester.....

Because his dad is absolutely skint asf?
Ipswich rethink on 21:36 - Jan 22 with 3055 viewsMrTown

Ipswich rethink on 19:25 - Jan 22 by Illinoisblue

your Stoke season-ticket holding friend seems to know an awful lot about Ipswich.

Of course he does, we speak pretty much every single day about football, about Stoke about Ipswich, who’s good who’s not, he’ll be down for the Stoke Town game, but obviously in the Stoke end.

You know a normal lads chit chat. Don’t know how that’s odd, but I guess that’s more a reflection upon you.

Ipswich rethink on 21:50 - Jan 22 with 3026 viewsHerbivore

Ipswich rethink on 21:36 - Jan 22 by MrTown

Of course he does, we speak pretty much every single day about football, about Stoke about Ipswich, who’s good who’s not, he’ll be down for the Stoke Town game, but obviously in the Stoke end.

You know a normal lads chit chat. Don’t know how that’s odd, but I guess that’s more a reflection upon you.

If he knows about Town mainly through talking to you then I'll take his views with a pinch of salt.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ipswich rethink on 22:04 - Jan 22 with 2993 viewsPJH

Ipswich rethink on 21:50 - Jan 22 by Herbivore

If he knows about Town mainly through talking to you then I'll take his views with a pinch of salt.

Worth logging in just to upvote that.
Ipswich rethink on 22:19 - Jan 22 with 2958 viewsMrTown

Ipswich rethink on 21:50 - Jan 22 by Herbivore

This is the man who takes consistent offence to anything negative said against precious Knudsen. I take everything you say with no credibility at all.

That really means that when you tell me I’m talking utter garbage, it’s actually utter genius.

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich rethink on 22:21 - Jan 22 with 2953 viewsAtractorive

Ipswich rethink on 21:36 - Jan 22 by MrTown

So he's come to a conclusion predominantly based on your opinions and nothing more really.

So basically "I've chewed my mate's ear off non stop about how we have good youth players coming through so coupled with the fact that he rate's Lambert, he think's we're going to be good again"

Cheers.
Ipswich rethink on 22:22 - Jan 22 with 2949 viewsHerbivore

Ipswich rethink on 22:19 - Jan 22 by MrTown

This is the man who takes consistent offence to anything negative said against precious Knudsen. I take everything you say with no credibility at all.

That really means that when you tell me I’m talking utter garbage, it’s actually utter genius.

Your English is terrible.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ipswich rethink on 23:03 - Jan 22 with 2894 viewsmo_itfc

The way this is written makes me think it's made up...
I really hope it isn't, that would be pretty pathetic.

Looks like "your mate" has a different opinion if the Knudsen transfer than other Stoke fans... a few seem to think he's a bargain and will make good cover.
http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/281226/knudsen

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Ipswich rethink on 23:12 - Jan 22 with 2871 viewsMrTown

Ipswich rethink on 22:21 - Jan 22 by Atractorive

So he's come to a conclusion predominantly based on your opinions and nothing more really.

So basically "I've chewed my mate's ear off non stop about how we have good youth players coming through so coupled with the fact that he rate's Lambert, he think's we're going to be good again"

Cheers.

Don’t really know what your point is. In fact, by the look of your post there is no point to it. Which makes me ponder why you bothered replying to the OP.

Ipswich rethink on 23:14 - Jan 22 with 2862 viewsMrTown

Ipswich rethink on 22:22 - Jan 22 by Herbivore

Your English is terrible.

Fills me with great satisfaction that that is all you could think to reply.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 23:15]

Ipswich rethink on 23:15 - Jan 22 with 2856 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ipswich rethink on 23:12 - Jan 22 by MrTown

Don’t really know what your point is. In fact, by the look of your post there is no point to it. Which makes me ponder why you bothered replying to the OP.

I think his point is that you are trying to say there is a Stoke fan who is saying lots of good stuff about us. When asked why he is saying it, you are saying it is off the back of what you have told him about us. So, in other words, your opinion is what you are sharing not that of some random Stoke fan.

Perhaps he could have just ignored the thread instead but that could be said about every single comment on any thread.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ipswich rethink on 23:18 - Jan 22 with 2844 viewsMrTown

Ipswich rethink on 23:03 - Jan 22 by mo_itfc

The way this is written makes me think it's made up...
I really hope it isn't, that would be pretty pathetic.

Looks like "your mate" has a different opinion if the Knudsen transfer than other Stoke fans... a few seem to think he's a bargain and will make good cover.
http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/281226/knudsen

I wonder how many times they’ve genuinely seen Jonas Knudsen play though, at least my opinion (some will agree, some will not) is based upon seeing Knudsen for 3 years, and relating back to my friend he wasn’t fairly chuffed to here about link.

This also stood out to me on the forum:

“Apparently it's pronounced like this:

kh uh N OO d s eh n

Wiki says his throws have been compared to Rory Delap, if anyone remembers him from last time around in this division.

I think it would be great if we start launching it in to the 'mixer' once again (thumbsup)”

smh.

Ipswich rethink on 23:22 - Jan 22 with 2832 viewsMrTown

Ipswich rethink on 23:15 - Jan 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think his point is that you are trying to say there is a Stoke fan who is saying lots of good stuff about us. When asked why he is saying it, you are saying it is off the back of what you have told him about us. So, in other words, your opinion is what you are sharing not that of some random Stoke fan.

Perhaps he could have just ignored the thread instead but that could be said about every single comment on any thread.

But the point of the OP was an outside vantage angle of a person who has no real emotion for ITFC just reminding an ITFC that the future is bright.

It’s very easy to forget that in the week to week emotion of ITFC and the struggle we are going through at the moment.

Ipswich rethink on 23:25 - Jan 22 with 2826 viewsmo_itfc

Ipswich rethink on 23:18 - Jan 22 by MrTown

I wonder how many times they’ve genuinely seen Jonas Knudsen play though, at least my opinion (some will agree, some will not) is based upon seeing Knudsen for 3 years, and relating back to my friend he wasn’t fairly chuffed to here about link.

This also stood out to me on the forum:

“Apparently it's pronounced like this:

kh uh N OO d s eh n

Wiki says his throws have been compared to Rory Delap, if anyone remembers him from last time around in this division.

I think it would be great if we start launching it in to the 'mixer' once again (thumbsup)”

smh.

So basically, you've told someone something, this person has repeated it back to you and you're excited about it?

This friends opinion is entirely based on yours, there is no need to mention him...

I doubt someone would just take an opinion from an ITFC fan about a departing ITFC player without looking into the player themselves... from stats alone, he looks like a pretty decent full back... I don't think many stoke fans are going to be annoyed about bringing him as cover...
But your mate has just taken what you've said, and that's that.

I just don't believe it.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Ipswich rethink on 23:55 - Jan 22 with 2793 viewsAtractorive

Ipswich rethink on 23:12 - Jan 22 by MrTown

My point is that I don't understand your point.

It wasn't so much that you're giving a Stoke fan's opinion on Ipswich, more the fact that you have confirmed that his opinion is largely based around your opinion, and not his own thoughts on our players, the way we have played etc.

So, please do correct me if I'm wrong... you're saying that you've told your friend loads of stuff about a topic he couldn't really form his own fair opinion on due to limited first hand knowledge, and then announcing to a board full of people obsessed with that topic what his opinion on.

I didn't mean to offend you, I just didn't see your point.
Ipswich rethink on 00:01 - Jan 23 with 2787 viewsMrTown

Ipswich rethink on 23:25 - Jan 22 by mo_itfc

So basically, you've told someone something, this person has repeated it back to you and you're excited about it?

This friends opinion is entirely based on yours, there is no need to mention him...

I doubt someone would just take an opinion from an ITFC fan about a departing ITFC player without looking into the player themselves... from stats alone, he looks like a pretty decent full back... I don't think many stoke fans are going to be annoyed about bringing him as cover...
But your mate has just taken what you've said, and that's that.

I just don't believe it.

We’ve discussed all things ITFC related, we’ve discussed things Stoke City related, I’ve watched Stoke games, he’s watched Ipswich games, we’ve had normal chit chat over the course of about 3/4 months everyday. He tells me Town are going to be a good side with the youth and to keep the faith, I really this to an Ipswich Town football forum spreading a bit of positivity.

Fecking hell, there is no rocket science to this post, it’s just a lighthearted post about ITFC.

Some very sad/weird individuals on this forum desperate for an argument every time a new thread appears.

Ipswich rethink on 00:04 - Jan 23 with 2783 viewsAtractorive

Ipswich rethink on 00:01 - Jan 23 by MrTown

We’ve discussed all things ITFC related, we’ve discussed things Stoke City related, I’ve watched Stoke games, he’s watched Ipswich games, we’ve had normal chit chat over the course of about 3/4 months everyday. He tells me Town are going to be a good side with the youth and to keep the faith, I really this to an Ipswich Town football forum spreading a bit of positivity.

Fecking hell, there is no rocket science to this post, it’s just a lighthearted post about ITFC.

Some very sad/weird individuals on this forum desperate for an argument every time a new thread appears.

How many Ipswich games has he watched this season?

Just intrigued to see how he's formed the conclusion that Downes, Bishop and Lankester etc are going to form a good team.
Ipswich rethink on 00:06 - Jan 23 with 2780 viewsMrTown

Ipswich rethink on 23:55 - Jan 22 by Atractorive

My point is that I don't understand your point.

It wasn't so much that you're giving a Stoke fan's opinion on Ipswich, more the fact that you have confirmed that his opinion is largely based around your opinion, and not his own thoughts on our players, the way we have played etc.

So, please do correct me if I'm wrong... you're saying that you've told your friend loads of stuff about a topic he couldn't really form his own fair opinion on due to limited first hand knowledge, and then announcing to a board full of people obsessed with that topic what his opinion on.

I didn't mean to offend you, I just didn't see your point.

You haven’t offended me no qualms, if you don’t understand the post, why bother responding at all? (Not in a melacious way, just genuine question)

This post has had 15+ comments, the thread is evidently about reminding everyone about the possible bright future of ITFC.
But instead it’s just people saying well “well your mates opinion is based on your opinion”, blah blah bullsh*t.
Some strange strange people on here

Ipswich rethink on 00:11 - Jan 23 with 2770 viewsAtractorive

Ipswich rethink on 00:06 - Jan 23 by MrTown

You haven’t offended me no qualms, if you don’t understand the post, why bother responding at all? (Not in a melacious way, just genuine question)

This post has had 15+ comments, the thread is evidently about reminding everyone about the possible bright future of ITFC.
But instead it’s just people saying well “well your mates opinion is based on your opinion”, blah blah bullsh*t.
Some strange strange people on here

"if you don’t understand the post, why bother responding at all? (Not in a melacious way, just genuine question) "

So that I can try to understand. I like to learn.

And I'm glad i did. I think I get your point now...

p.s don't worry. I don't think you're being melacious.
Ipswich rethink on 00:16 - Jan 23 with 2760 viewsMrTown

Ipswich rethink on 00:04 - Jan 23 by Atractorive

How many Ipswich games has he watched this season?

Just intrigued to see how he's formed the conclusion that Downes, Bishop and Lankester etc are going to form a good team.

This season maybe 5, he’s been to 3 with me: Millwall, Wigan, Reading and then think West Brom on TV and Stoke away but he sat in the Stoke end obviously.

He knows of Bishop, been singing his praises since he broke onto the scene in the play off season.

The point of the post was about the future prospects of ITFC, the positivity of the youthful prospects, yet you and other are concerned surrounding yourself of validate of my friends opinion, absolutely bizarre
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 0:20]

Ipswich rethink on 00:19 - Jan 23 with 2754 viewsMrTown

Ipswich rethink on 00:11 - Jan 23 by Atractorive

"if you don’t understand the post, why bother responding at all? (Not in a melacious way, just genuine question) "

So that I can try to understand. I like to learn.

And I'm glad i did. I think I get your point now...

p.s don't worry. I don't think you're being melacious.

Whilst I admire the desire to learn, and that is a good reason to ask questions, but sadly I think many on how are more interested in looking for an argument as soon as a thread arise, trying to patronise other posters with some sarcastic comment that is little more than cringeworthy.

Keep your eyes peeled upon other threads. You will notice.

Ipswich rethink on 00:22 - Jan 23 with 2747 viewsAtractorive

Ipswich rethink on 00:16 - Jan 23 by MrTown

This season maybe 5, he’s been to 3 with me: Millwall, Wigan, Reading and then think West Brom on TV and Stoke away but he sat in the Stoke end obviously.

He knows of Bishop, been singing his praises since he broke onto the scene in the play off season.

The point of the post was about the future prospects of ITFC, the positivity of the youthful prospects, yet you and other are concerned surrounding yourself of validate of my friends opinion, absolutely bizarre
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 0:20]

Well yes, of course I am. Why would I care about his opinion if it's based largely on what you have told him, which is what was implied in the op?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024