Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We can stay up ... 00:13 - Jan 23 with 7890 viewspablovian

If the 'new' squad plays with mid-table form, the record over the last 18 games could be something like W6 D6 L6. In that case, Town would have 42 points, which could well be enough to stay up.

Can the 'new' squad achieve mid-table form? Before the January signings, no. With Collins, Keane, and Judge - possibly. If Skusey regains fitness and form, chances improve. If, with Collins anchoring the defence, Bart regains confidence and form, I would be willing to place a bet at evens ...

Does Will Keane remind anyone else of David Johnson who played for Ipswich in the early- to mid-1970's and went on to Liverpool? Skilful, fast, elusive, with a distinctive hair style and fun to watch ...
We can stay up ... on 14:49 - Jan 23 with 1209 viewsVaughan8

We can stay up ... on 10:41 - Jan 23 by JammyDodgerrr

Villa (A) = W
Sheff Wed (H) = W
Norwich (A) = L
Derby (H) = L
Stoke (H) = D
Wigan (A) = W
Reading (H) = W
West Brom (A) = L
Bristol (A) = L
Forest (H) = D
Hull (H) = L
Bolton (A) = W
Brentford (A) = W
Birmingham (H) = D
Preston (A) = W
Swansea (H) = D
Sheff U (H) = L
Leeds (A) = W

At my very most optimistic i can see the above being winnable fixtures. Genuinely. We should be able to beat Bolton/Reading/Wigan by the time we play them again. That's three wins. Villa/Sheff Wed i can see us winning. Preston is winnable. Swansea is winnable.

We can do it. Rotherham are not good enough, and have a relatively naive manager who will cost them points.

I think you are going to be disappointed. As other people have said, 5 away wins, 8 more wins when we have only won 3 so far. I hope you are right though.

The last games are hard to predict as you don't know what teams mindset will be. Leeds at the end might have to win that game...….or they might already be promoted etc.

Also teams like Hull were rubbish to start off with, are good atm, but might go back to being rubbish by the time we play them.

I'm not sure if this is serious or not haha
We can stay up ... on 14:54 - Jan 23 with 1198 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s a good job being a supporter is about passion rather than reason, otherwise I’d be thinking most of you have gone completely and utterly f*cking nuts! 😂

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We can stay up ... on 09:35 - Jan 24 with 1112 viewsJammyDodgerrr

We can stay up ... on 13:03 - Jan 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I miscounted, it’s 5! (And that’s ignoring the Leeds typo)

Not sure how you come to that conclusion, we’re below them all in the table because they’re better than us, with the possible exception of Bolton who are now a complete mess

They all had much better starts than us, but in my view we're approaching this half of the season with a much better team than the one before it. We now have a squad that, in a normal championship season, should be more than capable of pulling points off anyone.

Bolton/Rotherham/Reading all are worse squads than us. Wigan have dropped like a rock and are not in the bottom three by virtue of their positive start.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

We can stay up ... on 10:01 - Jan 24 with 1105 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We can stay up ... on 09:35 - Jan 24 by JammyDodgerrr

They all had much better starts than us, but in my view we're approaching this half of the season with a much better team than the one before it. We now have a squad that, in a normal championship season, should be more than capable of pulling points off anyone.

Bolton/Rotherham/Reading all are worse squads than us. Wigan have dropped like a rock and are not in the bottom three by virtue of their positive start.

Has our squad really got much better though?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

We can stay up ... on 12:36 - Jan 24 with 1071 viewsmuccletonjoe

Looking at Lamberts team selection, i think there is more chance of Liverpool getting relegated than us staying in this division. Too many loans , too many players not performing, too many good young players kicking their heels. And far too many town fans sucked into the love in that is Paul Lambert.
We can stay up ... on 12:45 - Jan 24 with 1064 viewsLeagueOne

I am sorry but if you think Keane, Quaner, Dawkins and Elder along with Collins and Judge who are coming back from injuries and now in their 30's is enough to keep us up, you are wrong, it's like taking a spoon to a gunfight in our predicament and a mess entirely of our own making by continuously underspending year or year to make the club "competitive" we've underspent our way into the 3rd Division .

We're going down.

We will be relegated.

It's not the managers fault either, with the budget he's been given and the players willing to come to the worse side in the league, rock bottom, he's lucky to have managed even those signings to be honest.

Evans interview has shown us he's not changing tact either, he's going to keep trimming the fat until the club costs him nothing regardless of what league we are in, our only hope is someone is stupid enough to buy the club between now and non-league football.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

We can stay up ... on 15:30 - Jan 24 with 1027 viewsHARRY10

We can stay up ... on 12:45 - Jan 24 by LeagueOne

I am sorry but if you think Keane, Quaner, Dawkins and Elder along with Collins and Judge who are coming back from injuries and now in their 30's is enough to keep us up, you are wrong, it's like taking a spoon to a gunfight in our predicament and a mess entirely of our own making by continuously underspending year or year to make the club "competitive" we've underspent our way into the 3rd Division .

We're going down.

We will be relegated.

It's not the managers fault either, with the budget he's been given and the players willing to come to the worse side in the league, rock bottom, he's lucky to have managed even those signings to be honest.

Evans interview has shown us he's not changing tact either, he's going to keep trimming the fat until the club costs him nothing regardless of what league we are in, our only hope is someone is stupid enough to buy the club between now and non-league football.

To get 42 points we would need, over the next 18 games, consistent form, that would now have us level with Villa if it had been achieved so far.

6 wins and 6 draws for those 24 points

Anyone think we will get anything from the top five left to play
out of top six ?

Or that we will either draw or beat the rest ?
We can stay up ... on 16:43 - Jan 24 with 1015 viewsColchesterBlue1985

We can stay up ... on 10:41 - Jan 23 by JammyDodgerrr

Villa (A) = W
Sheff Wed (H) = W
Norwich (A) = L
Derby (H) = L
Stoke (H) = D
Wigan (A) = W
Reading (H) = W
West Brom (A) = L
Bristol (A) = L
Forest (H) = D
Hull (H) = L
Bolton (A) = W
Brentford (A) = W
Birmingham (H) = D
Preston (A) = W
Swansea (H) = D
Sheff U (H) = L
Leeds (A) = W

At my very most optimistic i can see the above being winnable fixtures. Genuinely. We should be able to beat Bolton/Reading/Wigan by the time we play them again. That's three wins. Villa/Sheff Wed i can see us winning. Preston is winnable. Swansea is winnable.

We can do it. Rotherham are not good enough, and have a relatively naive manager who will cost them points.

Have you watched us at all this season???

No way will we go from winning 3 in the last 28 games to winning 8 in the next 18. Not possible, not in the slightest. There has been nothing in the performances (millwall first half aside) to even suggest that there’s been much of an improvement at all (not that I blame lambert he inherited a sunken ship)
Login to get fewer ads

We can stay up ... on 09:46 - Jan 25 with 942 viewsJammyDodgerrr

We can stay up ... on 16:43 - Jan 24 by ColchesterBlue1985

Have you watched us at all this season???

No way will we go from winning 3 in the last 28 games to winning 8 in the next 18. Not possible, not in the slightest. There has been nothing in the performances (millwall first half aside) to even suggest that there’s been much of an improvement at all (not that I blame lambert he inherited a sunken ship)

Yes, more times than most seasons.

I've already said that's my most optimistic take on it, and i don't fully expect for it to go like that obviously. Once these new boys are up to speed, we will be a much better team than those around us. It only takes a couple of wins to get up the table. This is not the same team as the previous 28.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024