Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Told you Evans didn’t want to sell 13:25 - Jan 23 with 7046 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Evans Out..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 15:46 - Jan 23 with 2375 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 15:34 - Jan 23 by ElderGrizzly

Maybe they didn’t pass his ‘tests’ as a potential buyer.

The club is and remains for sale to the right buyer. Evans to his credit is trying to ensure that buyer is in the best interest of the club

He didn't ask who they were.
Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 15:57 - Jan 23 with 2353 viewsChampionship

Ever watched the Simpsons when Mr Burns wanted to buy back the nuclear plant? His offer changed as soon as he learnt they were desperate to sell it back to him.

It's also worth mentioning the Bolton owner who has openly said he wants to sell. That hasn't appeased the Bolton fans.
Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 16:00 - Jan 23 with 2351 viewsfooters

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 15:57 - Jan 23 by Championship

Ever watched the Simpsons when Mr Burns wanted to buy back the nuclear plant? His offer changed as soon as he learnt they were desperate to sell it back to him.

It's also worth mentioning the Bolton owner who has openly said he wants to sell. That hasn't appeased the Bolton fans.

"Here's my offer, I think you'll find it's most unfair but those are the breaks."

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 16:02 - Jan 23 with 2344 viewsITFC_Forever

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 14:50 - Jan 23 by The_Romford_Blue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before by The_Romford_Blue 1 Jan 2019 17:56
What am I struggling with here Libs?

Am I supposed to be grateful for Evans ruining this club?

Under Evans:
- He sacked Magilton.
- We’ve not beaten the Scum in 10 years.
- We’ve had 1 playoff (failed) run in his entire reign.
- When miraculously 2nd in January, he refused to invest in January.
- We’ve not won an FA Cup game in 9 years.
- Attendances have dropped 10k.
- We continually sell our best players and fail to replace them.
- We are now being relegated to the third tier for the first time in 59 years.

So let me apologise for not being as pleased that Evans is in charge as others appear to be.

[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 14:51]

Half of that list aren't even his fault, and one was the correct course of action.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 16:02 - Jan 23 with 2344 viewsbraveblue

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 13:28 - Jan 23 by footers

Just because someone says something, it doesn't make it so.

If you wanted to sell something quite badly, would you advertise the fact and drive the price of that asset down? Of course he says he doesn't want to, but in the same paragraph says he would.

Never heard of anyone selling a business by keeping it a secret!!
Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 16:05 - Jan 23 with 2335 viewsfooters

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 16:02 - Jan 23 by braveblue

How does one keep a business secret? Hide it in a cupboard?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 16:09 - Jan 23 with 2326 viewsChampionship

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 16:00 - Jan 23 by footers

"Here's my offer, I think you'll find it's most unfair but those are the breaks."

Worth watching RomfordBlue. Shows the difference between the offers you get when people think you don't want to sell and the offers you get when people think you do want to sell.

I hope you don't think i'm being patronising either, in my Business Studies class when I was at college we watched The Office to hammer home various points.
Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 16:36 - Jan 23 with 2302 viewsSwansea_Blue

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 16:02 - Jan 23 by braveblue

Quite. I was wondering why my garage is still full of junk - are you suggesting that actively advertising it might be a better way of getting rid of it than telling people it's not for sale?

The amount of second guessing around this interview is just bonkers. He says at the moment he doesn't want to sell, so why can't that just be the end of it for now? Unless those claiming this implies he is actively looking to sell are also claiming he's a liar? So either we've got an owner who has said he doesn't want to sell and no evidence of him trying to sell, or an owner who lies to the fans? Which is it?

Of course he's not going to rule out selling at some point in the future. He'd be stupid to say he'd never sell - nothing lasts forever (although it's starting to feel like his tenure has lasted forever already).

Is there something in the water at the moment? People are nuts these days.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 16:48 - Jan 23 with 2288 viewsgood_at_COD

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before by The_Romford_Blue 1 Jan 2019 17:56

Under Evans:
- He sacked Magilton.

So let me apologise for not being as pleased that Evans is in charge as others appear to be.

Hate to be pedantic Rommers but it’s even worse than you thought. We haven’t played in the third tier for 62 years.

Giggsy

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 17:37 - Jan 23 with 2269 viewsBrixtonBlue

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 16:36 - Jan 23 by Swansea_Blue

Quite. I was wondering why my garage is still full of junk - are you suggesting that actively advertising it might be a better way of getting rid of it than telling people it's not for sale?

The amount of second guessing around this interview is just bonkers. He says at the moment he doesn't want to sell, so why can't that just be the end of it for now? Unless those claiming this implies he is actively looking to sell are also claiming he's a liar? So either we've got an owner who has said he doesn't want to sell and no evidence of him trying to sell, or an owner who lies to the fans? Which is it?

Of course he's not going to rule out selling at some point in the future. He'd be stupid to say he'd never sell - nothing lasts forever (although it's starting to feel like his tenure has lasted forever already).

I'm afraid it's you who is nuts. You're looking at it in black and white terms, it's much more nuanced than that. And the junk in your garage is not a good analogy for a Championship football club that everyone knows about.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 17:44 - Jan 23 with 2260 viewspickles110564

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 14:24 - Jan 23 by SpruceMoose

You have much to learn about the ways of the world young one.

I am glad my youthful righteous rage aren't be preserved on the internet for all time as yours are. Believe me I was full of rage and indignity then. Now I'm just full of crap.

You won't hear any one not agreeing with you on this one Sprucey, glad you have finally come to terms with the rubbish that you write.
Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 17:46 - Jan 23 with 2254 viewsagentp

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 16:36 - Jan 23 by Swansea_Blue

Just interested where you advertise a football club for sale?

There are companies whose main focus in life is matching companies to potential buyers, They are approached buyer a client who wants to buy a business [could easily be a football club] and then approach them.

There is no second guessing here, it's just the way things are done. He said he would sell it for the right offer and that wouldn't have gone unnoticed by those; whose job it is, to find the right portfolio for their clients.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 17:56 - Jan 23 with 2239 viewsSpruceMoose

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 17:44 - Jan 23 by pickles110564

You won't hear any one not agreeing with you on this one Sprucey, glad you have finally come to terms with the rubbish that you write.

You'd have more time to educate yourself if you spent less time obsessing over me.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 18:19 - Jan 23 with 2216 viewswkj

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 17:56 - Jan 23 by SpruceMoose

You'd have more time to educate yourself if you spent less time obsessing over me.

That's me at a disadvantage then

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 18:21 - Jan 23 with 2212 viewsChampionship

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 18:19 - Jan 23 by wkj

That's me at a disadvantage then

So obsessed that you have two accounts Spruce

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 18:25 - Jan 23 with 2205 viewswkj

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 18:21 - Jan 23 by Championship

Dead meme

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 18:31 - Jan 23 with 2191 viewsSpruceMoose

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 18:21 - Jan 23 by Championship

That was the craze last week among the board school children! Get with it man!

Seems they are back to targeting Dolly this week for daring to give up drinking. That's your new meme.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 18:35 - Jan 23 with 2173 viewsSwansea_Blue

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 17:37 - Jan 23 by BrixtonBlue

I'm afraid it's you who is nuts. You're looking at it in black and white terms, it's much more nuanced than that. And the junk in your garage is not a good analogy for a Championship football club that everyone knows about.

It’s not nuanced at all. He doesn’t want to sell and has no immediate plans to - in his words. Doubt that and you’re calling him a liar, it really is that simple. But of course he’ll sell if he can find a buyer that makes him a good offer. Nothing nuanced in that, it’s what businessmen do.

To his credit he seems keen to undertake due diligence on any potential future buyers. Let’s hope his judgement of businessmen is better than his judgement of managers, eh?

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 18:56 - Jan 23 with 2158 viewstomo

I think he’s alright.
Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 19:02 - Jan 23 with 2150 viewsWonky

There is an alternative scenario that hardly ever gets mentioned.

That Evans wants to make a success of Ipswich Town, and that has (despite setbacks and mistakes) not diminished.
Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 19:05 - Jan 23 with 2142 viewsblueconscience

Dont interfere with another Evans interview love in!!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 19:19 - Jan 23 with 2126 viewsSwansea_Blue

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 19:02 - Jan 23 by Wonky

There is an alternative scenario that hardly ever gets mentioned.

That Evans wants to make a success of Ipswich Town, and that has (despite setbacks and mistakes) not diminished.

I agree, that hardly ever gets mentioned. It’s not my view - I’m sure his heart is in the right place and he wants nothing more than to be successful. Unfortunately his capability so far hasn’t matched his ambition, but we could worse in terms of motivation/rational. I wouldn’t swap us for Blackpool or Hull for example.

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 21:05 - Jan 23 with 2078 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 13:41 - Jan 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Despite all evidence suggesting he doesn’t want to sell, people on here continue believing he wants to.

I just find it interesting.

But I won’t say anymore. I forgot I’m banned from talking about Sir Evans.

You're not banned from talking about him, you just talk a load of crap.

Poll: Best Football Song

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 21:15 - Jan 23 with 2067 viewsOxford_Blue

Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 14:53 - Jan 23 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed. Enough people in the financial world where these deals are done, know the club is for sale at the right price. Which is around £25m.

It’s simply there is no-one coming forward with the funds to buy and then fund us at the required levels.

The real cost is £25 plus the £6-10m each year to keep it afloat plus any additional money for transfers and wages.
Told you Evans didn’t want to sell on 07:11 - Jan 24 with 1959 viewsVaughan8

Under Evans:
- He sacked Magilton.

Surely all those things aren't Marcus Evans fault or am I being thick?

Losing fa cup games? Surely the managers?
Not beating Norwich in 10 years - Surely the managers?

Replacing players, I actually think money was there for managers like Mick but he was very specific about players he got. However how do either of us know that.

The playoff year, I think everyone agrees we should have got better reinforcements in January and I suppose it's a lesson learnt. However he is never going to put in millions and millions.

The Hurst and Keane appointments were wrong (in different ways) but at the time most people agreed with them. It's easy in hindsight to say this didn't work etc.

I think that list just screams of you not really having much of a reason. Are you saying in all the years he's done nothing good? He's got nothing right?
I think putting money into the club each year is not a bad thing is it?
Got us to a league cup semi final and we beat arsenal.in one of those legs.
He appointed Jewell and Mick to get us out of a relegation hole.
He had signed players that we all wanted ie Bullard etc.
He has spent money on players just most of them haven't been very good! Haha is that his fault though? Surely the manager is telling him who he wants?
He isn't a complete nutter like some other owners.

What do you want from him?

There are a lot worse owners
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024