Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 things are clear from ME's 'interview' 14:40 - Jan 23 with 1190 viewsCheltenham_Blue

1) His perception of ITFC 'being competitive' is vastly different to ours, and to anyone elses in football.

2) He is dwelling on the past, 'Continue a strategy that nearly worked under Mick' - Yes, it worked, ONCE in 11 years

3) He still hasn't the balls to face anyone who will question him more fully. Preferring agreed questions, stage managed by himself and the club.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

3 things are clear from ME's 'interview' on 14:44 - Jan 23 with 1154 viewseireblue

What difficult question do you think he couldn’t answer.
3 things are clear from ME's 'interview' on 14:45 - Jan 23 with 1153 viewsFixed_It

3. Why should he? It is his Club which he finances to a FAR greater degree than any of us. Why make things more difficult for himself than he needs to - especially as those asking the difficult questions are unlikely to have the same perspective as he does and therefore are unlikely to accept his views anyway.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

3 things are clear from ME's 'interview' on 14:48 - Jan 23 with 1130 viewsCheltenham_Blue

3 things are clear from ME's 'interview' on 14:45 - Jan 23 by Fixed_It

3. Why should he? It is his Club which he finances to a FAR greater degree than any of us. Why make things more difficult for himself than he needs to - especially as those asking the difficult questions are unlikely to have the same perspective as he does and therefore are unlikely to accept his views anyway.

Do you hear angels singing in your head whenever he speaks?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

3 things are clear from ME's 'interview' on 14:59 - Jan 23 with 1095 viewsBurwell_Blue

You clearly do not have a clue.
3 things are clear from ME's 'interview' on 15:13 - Jan 23 with 1041 viewsFixed_It

3 things are clear from ME's 'interview' on 14:48 - Jan 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

Do you hear angels singing in your head whenever he speaks?

Not sure how you deduct that from what I have said - apart from the fact that I didn't jump on your bandwagon.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

3 things are clear from ME's 'interview' on 15:29 - Jan 23 with 1012 viewsOxford_Blue

The club came top half several seasons not just one.

He doesn’t want and I suspect can’t afford to spend £20m a year for five years.

Why should he take the risk with his money?

He tried it before and it was a disaster.
3 things are clear from ME's 'interview' on 15:59 - Jan 23 with 951 viewsChampionship

Regarding #1, haven't recent events kind of proved him right about what is 'competitive' for a club like us?
3 things are clear from ME's 'interview' on 16:52 - Jan 23 with 873 viewsSwansea_Blue

Agree entirely with 1 and 2. Not really fussed about 3 as it's his prerogative to keep a low profile and not be challenged - he's not a public servant.

But yep, his perception is somewhat skewed. I just don't think he's got what it takes to make good decisions, for whatever reason. The line about Bobby was interesting - trust in your managers 100% and you'll know when it's time to change. Well he hasn't known when it's time to change. He got Mick badly wrong leading to an unnecessary toxic year that helped nobody. You could argue he was far too slow with Keane and Jewell too.

That approach would work with Bobby because he was a top, top manager. All Marcus' appointments have been crap, except Mick. But inexplicably he's the only one who hasn't been given money to throw away (maybe that was Mick's choice, we don't know).

We can over-analayse this til the cows come home, but the simple truth is that we are in a worse place than when he took over. A decade+ of stagnation, except for one small period when we competed for promotion.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024