Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we have a sell-on for Mings? 22:46 - Jan 24 with 2979 viewsBLUEBEAT

I hear he’s looking to move away from Bournemouth...

Poll: W or W

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 23:01 - Jan 24 with 2937 viewsBluefish

Supposed to be on loan and if permanent it won't be more than we sold him for

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 23:04 - Jan 24 with 2924 viewsPlums

Forest were linked yesterday.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 23:04 - Jan 24 with 2925 viewsStNeotsBlue

Obviously not in the immediate future but he is a player we'll see playing for Ipswich again in years to come. Sort of def info.
Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 23:09 - Jan 24 with 2906 viewsMrTown

Honestly, I think it would be criminal if we didn’t insert some sort of add on percentage then I really will strach my head in disbelief.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 23:11 - Jan 24 with 2900 viewsHerbivore

Sell ons are usually on profit, if they sell it won't be for more than £8m.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 23:59 - Jan 24 with 2806 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 23:09 - Jan 24 by MrTown

Honestly, I think it would be criminal if we didn’t insert some sort of add on percentage then I really will strach my head in disbelief.

We got £8million plus a top player on loan for a season in the deal. Bournemouth will do well to get close to half of that back if they sell him.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 00:33 - Jan 25 with 2763 viewsMrTown

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 23:59 - Jan 24 by The_Last_Baron

We got £8million plus a top player on loan for a season in the deal. Bournemouth will do well to get close to half of that back if they sell him.

You are talking about now, but when he was sold he was been touted for really big things, “look at this new superstar in the making”, obviously injuries have struck since but we could foresee. If we didn’t put a sell on percentage on that deal at the time someone needs to look at themselves.

As a previous poster says though, sell on fees are generally on profit made, we will make diddly squat out of a Tyrone Mings move right now.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 10:46 - Jan 25 with 2329 viewsHarryWright

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 00:33 - Jan 25 by MrTown

You are talking about now, but when he was sold he was been touted for really big things, “look at this new superstar in the making”, obviously injuries have struck since but we could foresee. If we didn’t put a sell on percentage on that deal at the time someone needs to look at themselves.

As a previous poster says though, sell on fees are generally on profit made, we will make diddly squat out of a Tyrone Mings move right now.

Also moving him from a position he excelled in didn't seem particularly clever.
Login to get fewer ads

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 10:47 - Jan 25 with 2323 viewsLord_Lucan

Only after 17 caps with the game on the red button.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 10:50 - Jan 25 with 2315 viewsPhilTWTD

We do but not sure he'd got for more than we were paid for him.
Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 11:24 - Jan 25 with 2254 viewstextbackup

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 23:04 - Jan 24 by StNeotsBlue

Obviously not in the immediate future but he is a player we'll see playing for Ipswich again in years to come. Sort of def info.

agree, he'll be back here as a 31/32 year old

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 11:38 - Jan 25 with 2221 viewsfactual_blue

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 10:50 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

We do but not sure he'd got for more than we were paid for him.

..More likely to be him going for less than we paid for him.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 12:25 - Jan 25 with 2160 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 00:33 - Jan 25 by MrTown

In my view Mings was never going to be a superstar. Cresswell a superior left back, Mings made too many mistakes and would rely on his pace to get him out of it. He was very good for two thirds of the 14/15 season and then I felt dipped a bit. Strong, quick, had a decent left foot but we got a hell of a price for him. He was very unlucky to get such a bad injury early on at Bournemouth, maybe without that he would have made it big, but I'm not so sure.

He will probably go on to have a decent career at Championship level so long as he doesn't have any more bad injuries.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 12:46 - Jan 25 with 2116 viewsMeadowlark

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 12:25 - Jan 25 by The_Last_Baron

In my view Mings was never going to be a superstar. Cresswell a superior left back, Mings made too many mistakes and would rely on his pace to get him out of it. He was very good for two thirds of the 14/15 season and then I felt dipped a bit. Strong, quick, had a decent left foot but we got a hell of a price for him. He was very unlucky to get such a bad injury early on at Bournemouth, maybe without that he would have made it big, but I'm not so sure.

He will probably go on to have a decent career at Championship level so long as he doesn't have any more bad injuries.

Yes. Totally agree. I didn't think that he was that good as a solid defender, so the price we got for him was a steal. Nothing against him. All round good bloke and wish him well but not really sure what position he might excel in.
Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 18:01 - Jan 25 with 1969 viewsstrikalite

Do we have a sell-on for Mings? on 12:46 - Jan 25 by Meadowlark

Yes. Totally agree. I didn't think that he was that good as a solid defender, so the price we got for him was a steal. Nothing against him. All round good bloke and wish him well but not really sure what position he might excel in.

He's a modern wing back, not great at defending but up and down that flank he was very good, quick, good touch, great athlete...maybe we did have his best years..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024