Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's game 20:52 - Jan 26 with 1083 viewsKeaneish

Thought we moved the ball around and kept possession well today. We need to learn to move the ball back to front a lot quicker though and Skuse and Chalobah could have done a bit more to offer passes up out of defence but very encouraging. Play like that and we'll beat Wednesday next week.

I don't think anyone played badly today. Bart spilled a few bit grew in confidence as the game went on and pulled off some great saves like he used to so hopefully this performance will kick start his season. Judge has a bit of class about him. Agree he's a number 10. Oozed class roaming around in the middle when he drifted in. Would love to see Bishop get a start in behind him soon.

Penalty decisions were a joke on both counts and unlucky to hit the post. Was their goal offside? Either way, the big difference today was Abraham, he has all round quality to his game.

No points obviously which many of the BBC stat counting onlookers will bemoan but there are positive signs that we can start closing the gap soon.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] テつ」2.65 Million and Waiting?

Today's game on 20:57 - Jan 26 with 1059 viewsHerbivore

We were largely crap. As were Villa. Ref definitely gave them some help. I don't really see much encouragement for us though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Today's game on 20:59 - Jan 26 with 1042 viewsKeaneish

Today's game on 20:57 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

We were largely crap. As were Villa. Ref definitely gave them some help. I don't really see much encouragement for us though.

Nevermind. I do.

Today's game on 21:02 - Jan 26 with 1033 viewsHerbivore

Today's game on 20:59 - Jan 26 by Keaneish

Nevermind. I do.

That's good. I think we've looked a League 1 side most of the season really, including most of today.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Today's game on 21:13 - Jan 26 with 989 viewsKeaneish

Today's game on 21:02 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

That's good. I think we've looked a League 1 side most of the season really, including most of today.

Thought we moved the ball around really well at times today and got tight when we didn't have it. We were a bit ponderous and overplayed at the back a bit too much though. Villa have some very decent footballers in their side.

Difficult to say who's the better of Keane or Quaner up front. I'd back Keane to score more than I would Quaner but Quaner is a better target man for me. Kenlock and Pennington looked a bit too square at times today. We need both full backs to offer more going forward given our lack of threat.

Today's game on 21:16 - Jan 26 with 976 viewsdavblue

We still have to work so hard to create a chance. We moved the ball quicker 2nd half and got the full backs further up the pitch.

Villa could have had 4 or 5 with better finishing, we look ok for periods, then shoot ourselves in the foot.
Today's game on 21:30 - Jan 26 with 925 viewsKeaneish

Today's game on 21:16 - Jan 26 by davblue

We still have to work so hard to create a chance. We moved the ball quicker 2nd half and got the full backs further up the pitch.

Villa could have had 4 or 5 with better finishing, we look ok for periods, then shoot ourselves in the foot.

They didn't really get in behind us until the last ten though. Most of their efforts were 20 yards out square on. Bart had a few big saves to make as we chased the game.

Today's game on 21:49 - Jan 26 with 876 viewsdavblue

Today's game on 21:30 - Jan 26 by Keaneish

They didn't really get in behind us until the last ten though. Most of their efforts were 20 yards out square on. Bart had a few big saves to make as we chased the game.

It sure if you rewatch, quite a few were in the box.

I thought Villa deserved the win overall, they were more insisive than us but there were a few signs from us that we are getting better.
Today's game on 09:53 - Jan 27 with 716 viewsKeaneish

Today's game on 21:49 - Jan 26 by davblue

It sure if you rewatch, quite a few were in the box.

I thought Villa deserved the win overall, they were more insisive than us but there were a few signs from us that we are getting better.

To be fair, you're right, there were a couple in the first half id forgotten, the Adomah disallowed goal being one. Villa definitely should have won but on the flip side, we equally should have had at least a point. Funny game that one.

Thought PL's tactics were good. Keep the ball, frustrate them, try and get the crowd to turn. Unfortunately, conceding so early undone some of that but as you say, we are getting better and i feel we've got some results in us coming up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024