Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Antepost horse racing tip 06:05 - Jan 28 with 18115 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s been a very long while since I put a horse up on here but I’m adamant I’ve found a great antepost bet. And since the last antepost bet I put up on here was One For Arthur for the 2017 Grand National at big prices before he won. And many were very appreciative of that so why not give another one now...

Cheltenham Festival - Day 4 - March 15th - Triumph Hurdle.

There’s a french horse. He’s been bought for some big money over here with the intention of running in the Triumph Hurdle. He’s been sent to the 2nd best UK trainer. He was the second best French Juvenile last season with grade 1 winner form throughout.

Anyway, he’s well clear on form with everything sent from France (French bred horses tend to dominate the market for this race) with plenty of them over here winning on UK debut.

The third favourite for the race - Quel Destin - has already won a grade 1 in England this season and was beaten 13 lengths by this horse.
The favourite for this - Fakir Doudaries - won the Triumph Hurdle trial on Saturday but too was beaten in France by this horse - by 15 LENGTHS (and gave the other horse weight).

On all known form, the horse ought to be a lot shorter than the current price.

Of course I have no reason to post this - but I’ve got my money down (a 4-figure return) and have no issue passing on my fancy. Frnwch racing experts agree and I’ve fancied him for about 6 weeks now. Anyone who follows me on Twitter would’ve seen I’ve been on him for weeks. But after Saturday the form was franked again and now he’s my biggest fancy antepost in a long time (since One For Arthur for the National).

He’s 16/1 for the race. HOWEVER, if you choose to back him, take the 12/1 with skybet. Because they are Non Runner No Bet. This means you get your money back should he not run. Which would be because of injury.

The horse is PIC D’ORHY at 12/1 (NRNB) with Skybet for the 2019 Triumph Hurdle in March 15th. I’ll be there for the week to watch him win.

Good luck all who choose to bet him - I hope I don’t receive any abuse for posting this - it has been 8 months since I last posted a horse betting thread on here after all.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Antepost horse racing tip on 06:41 - Jan 28 with 9612 viewsBenters2

Post what you like,you know i dont like gambling and all that but why have you posted a tip for March 15th when its only Jan 28th?
Antepost horse racing tip on 06:50 - Jan 28 with 9593 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Antepost horse racing tip on 06:41 - Jan 28 by Benters2

Post what you like,you know i dont like gambling and all that but why have you posted a tip for March 15th when its only Jan 28th?

A disappointing, if not unexpected, downvote from yourself I see.

That’s the point. It’s antepost. So it’s a much better price as there’s still 6 weeks until the race.

But with NRNB, you’ll get your money back should he get injured in the coming weeks.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 6:51]

Antepost horse racing tip on 06:58 - Jan 28 with 9567 viewsBenters2

Antepost horse racing tip on 06:50 - Jan 28 by The_Romford_Blue

A disappointing, if not unexpected, downvote from yourself I see.

That’s the point. It’s antepost. So it’s a much better price as there’s still 6 weeks until the race.

But with NRNB, you’ll get your money back should he get injured in the coming weeks.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 6:51]

Thank you for explaining.
Antepost horse racing tip on 07:15 - Jan 28 with 9523 viewsCrofty

Cheers I'll have a small bit on it e/w 👍
Antepost horse racing tip on 07:26 - Jan 28 with 9510 viewsm14_blue

Nice one rommers, good of you to take the time to write that for our benefit.

I’ll have a bit of it.
Antepost horse racing tip on 07:58 - Jan 28 with 9447 viewsSuperblue95

I might stick on twenty. Thanks for the tip

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Antepost horse racing tip on 08:12 - Jan 28 with 9413 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Antepost horse racing tip on 07:58 - Jan 28 by Superblue95

I might stick on twenty. Thanks for the tip

Perhaps worth noting that I went on the safe side (because it’s a big bet for me) when I went in on it at 22/1 a few weeks back and then 12/1 (NRNB) by going each way.

But I really can’t help but think the second it is entered somewhere and the bookies bother to properly look at this horses form, it’ll halve in price.

Antepost horse racing tip on 08:12 - Jan 28 with 9413 viewsSir_Bob

I couldn't find the form when beating Quel Destin, who won very well the other Saturday.
Fakir Doudaries won very well Saturday, and is a fast improving type. He finished last at 28/1 when PIC D’ORHY was beaten as an odds on favourite.
He's not won a race since April last year, so I bet you're hoping he has a run very soon to prep him for the Triumph.

Good Luck, could be a good E/W shout if he gets a prep race or two.
Login to get fewer ads

Antepost horse racing tip on 08:14 - Jan 28 with 9407 viewsReuser_is_God

Cheers Rommy, remind us nearer the time too please.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Antepost horse racing tip on 08:21 - Jan 28 with 9391 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Antepost horse racing tip on 08:12 - Jan 28 by Sir_Bob

I couldn't find the form when beating Quel Destin, who won very well the other Saturday.
Fakir Doudaries won very well Saturday, and is a fast improving type. He finished last at 28/1 when PIC D’ORHY was beaten as an odds on favourite.
He's not won a race since April last year, so I bet you're hoping he has a run very soon to prep him for the Triumph.

Good Luck, could be a good E/W shout if he gets a prep race or two.

Through other horses I did mean with him.

Horses they’ve both run against, Pic Dorhy has beaten further.

The Adonis Grade 1 at Kempton would be the obvious starting point for him i suspect. He does t need a maiden race first because he’s been brilliant in top races for the whole of last year so is relatively race fit you’d expect. The major plus to that race is that it fits excellently as a trial for the Triumph without taking too much out of them and yet is always a competitive affair. And one that nicholls tends to send a good one to

Cheers. I think it’s an angle so I’ve backed accordingly. No problem highlighting it for others - win or lose.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 8:24]

Antepost horse racing tip on 08:23 - Jan 28 with 9385 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Antepost horse racing tip on 08:14 - Jan 28 by Reuser_is_God

Cheers Rommy, remind us nearer the time too please.

I will do. Albeit now at 12/1 Skybet and money back if he doesn’t run is the smartest play from here I believe.

I’m very hopeful he will be favourite in a few weeks time when he wins the Kempton race

Antepost horse racing tip on 08:26 - Jan 28 with 9365 viewsReuser_is_God

Antepost horse racing tip on 08:23 - Jan 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I will do. Albeit now at 12/1 Skybet and money back if he doesn’t run is the smartest play from here I believe.

I’m very hopeful he will be favourite in a few weeks time when he wins the Kempton race

Let us know just before the Kempton race then, I’ll have some money on that too.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Antepost horse racing tip on 08:35 - Jan 28 with 9337 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Antepost horse racing tip on 08:26 - Jan 28 by Reuser_is_God

Let us know just before the Kempton race then, I’ll have some money on that too.

Will do

Antepost horse racing tip on 09:11 - Jan 28 with 9294 viewsSir_Bob

Antepost horse racing tip on 08:21 - Jan 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Through other horses I did mean with him.

Horses they’ve both run against, Pic Dorhy has beaten further.

The Adonis Grade 1 at Kempton would be the obvious starting point for him i suspect. He does t need a maiden race first because he’s been brilliant in top races for the whole of last year so is relatively race fit you’d expect. The major plus to that race is that it fits excellently as a trial for the Triumph without taking too much out of them and yet is always a competitive affair. And one that nicholls tends to send a good one to

Cheers. I think it’s an angle so I’ve backed accordingly. No problem highlighting it for others - win or lose.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 8:24]

Nichols & Cobdan (and Bryony) are flying at the moment, very much in form, hopefully they'll keep it up until Cheltenham.
I see you're off to Cheltenham. Unfortunately I'm away for it this year, but went to Gold Cup day last year to see Might Bite / Native River slog it out up the hill. Absolutely love the Cheltenham festival.
As I'm missing it, I'm hopping over to Dublin for the Punchestown festival at the end of April then fly back for the 2000 Guineas.
Antepost horse racing tip on 09:13 - Jan 28 with 9278 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Antepost horse racing tip on 09:11 - Jan 28 by Sir_Bob

Nichols & Cobdan (and Bryony) are flying at the moment, very much in form, hopefully they'll keep it up until Cheltenham.
I see you're off to Cheltenham. Unfortunately I'm away for it this year, but went to Gold Cup day last year to see Might Bite / Native River slog it out up the hill. Absolutely love the Cheltenham festival.
As I'm missing it, I'm hopping over to Dublin for the Punchestown festival at the end of April then fly back for the 2000 Guineas.

I went for the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday last year. Stayed in Bristol for the week so watched Town lose at Bristol city on the Saturday.

We’ve got them away on the Tuesday of Cheltenham this year so I may well go to the footy again.

The Champion Chase is my favourite race. Will be a pleasure to see Altior win the race again.

Antepost horse racing tip on 17:19 - Jan 28 with 9028 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

May as well give this a bump for the evening readers

Antepost horse racing tip on 17:42 - Jan 28 with 9007 viewsJamestownPrince

Rommers (George), I used my free £5 weekly bet from Skybet on a double with a ahorse today, pressed the EW button on my phone, must have pressed it twice as it went on at a £5 win double.

Today's horse won at 7/2.... if the tip wins I'll Paypal you £20 for a drink mate
Antepost horse racing tip on 18:04 - Jan 28 with 8968 viewsstrikalite

Bookies don't give money back on non-runners? Has this always been the case? If so that's robbery...

Cheers, I'm gonna have to put a massive £3 on it now...
Antepost horse racing tip on 18:07 - Jan 28 with 8965 viewsthecheek

Decent analysis

All it's form is on soft/heavy so obviously good ground would be an unknown, worth taking a chance at the current odds though
Antepost horse racing tip on 19:37 - Jan 28 with 8889 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

10/1 Skybet now

The plunge begins

Antepost horse racing tip on 19:49 - Jan 28 with 8870 viewsmkbobby

Good luck with the bet Romford blue going to have a bet on it tomorrow do you know if it’s coming out soon for a prep run
Antepost horse racing tip on 19:50 - Jan 28 with 8869 viewsbrogansnose

Antepost horse racing tip on 19:37 - Jan 28 by The_Romford_Blue

10/1 Skybet now

The plunge begins

I just got 16/1 with William Hill. Lobbed a fiver on.

Cheers Rommy, good to see your racing posts.
Antepost horse racing tip on 20:02 - Jan 28 with 8858 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Antepost horse racing tip on 19:49 - Jan 28 by mkbobby

Good luck with the bet Romford blue going to have a bet on it tomorrow do you know if it’s coming out soon for a prep run

I’d expect the Adonis Hurdle at Kempton would be the target

He’s had a whole season in France so is fit to go. It’s just about finding him a nice competitive UK debut

Antepost horse racing tip on 20:05 - Jan 28 with 8853 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Antepost horse racing tip on 19:50 - Jan 28 by brogansnose

I just got 16/1 with William Hill. Lobbed a fiver on.

Cheers Rommy, good to see your racing posts.

This one has gone down well so I’ll do my Cheltenham daily previews in March

I said to Sitters on Twitter this morning when he asked about them that it would depend how much stick this thread gets. Glad to see it being accepted in the good faith it was intended

Antepost horse racing tip on 21:11 - Jan 28 with 8784 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Frankly I’m worried now.

A late rumour tonight is that Pic D’Orhy got a minor injury today and could be forced to miss Cheltenham. They may stay enter him tomorrow but there’s a realistic chance it ain’t happening folks.

With NRNB, I’ll get most of the money back. It’s only the first bet with William hill at 22/1 I lose. Extremely unfortunate but, assuming this rumour is true, there’s just nothing we can do. Anyone with bet365 should utilise the cash out option I think though.

At least it’s no harm done to everyone who went Non Runner No Bet as I suggested. But I’m still gutted. Perhaps the rumour will be unfounded.. but I’m doubtful.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024