Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Antepost horse racing tip 06:05 - Jan 28 with 18246 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s been a very long while since I put a horse up on here but I’m adamant I’ve found a great antepost bet. And since the last antepost bet I put up on here was One For Arthur for the 2017 Grand National at big prices before he won. And many were very appreciative of that so why not give another one now...

Cheltenham Festival - Day 4 - March 15th - Triumph Hurdle.

There’s a french horse. He’s been bought for some big money over here with the intention of running in the Triumph Hurdle. He’s been sent to the 2nd best UK trainer. He was the second best French Juvenile last season with grade 1 winner form throughout.

Anyway, he’s well clear on form with everything sent from France (French bred horses tend to dominate the market for this race) with plenty of them over here winning on UK debut.

The third favourite for the race - Quel Destin - has already won a grade 1 in England this season and was beaten 13 lengths by this horse.
The favourite for this - Fakir Doudaries - won the Triumph Hurdle trial on Saturday but too was beaten in France by this horse - by 15 LENGTHS (and gave the other horse weight).

On all known form, the horse ought to be a lot shorter than the current price.

Of course I have no reason to post this - but I’ve got my money down (a 4-figure return) and have no issue passing on my fancy. Frnwch racing experts agree and I’ve fancied him for about 6 weeks now. Anyone who follows me on Twitter would’ve seen I’ve been on him for weeks. But after Saturday the form was franked again and now he’s my biggest fancy antepost in a long time (since One For Arthur for the National).

He’s 16/1 for the race. HOWEVER, if you choose to back him, take the 12/1 with skybet. Because they are Non Runner No Bet. This means you get your money back should he not run. Which would be because of injury.

The horse is PIC D’ORHY at 12/1 (NRNB) with Skybet for the 2019 Triumph Hurdle in March 15th. I’ll be there for the week to watch him win.

Good luck all who choose to bet him - I hope I don’t receive any abuse for posting this - it has been 8 months since I last posted a horse betting thread on here after all.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Antepost horse racing tip on 22:34 - Jan 28 with 6433 viewsColin_Viljoen

Antepost horse racing tip on 21:11 - Jan 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Frankly I’m worried now.

A late rumour tonight is that Pic D’Orhy got a minor injury today and could be forced to miss Cheltenham. They may stay enter him tomorrow but there’s a realistic chance it ain’t happening folks.

With NRNB, I’ll get most of the money back. It’s only the first bet with William hill at 22/1 I lose. Extremely unfortunate but, assuming this rumour is true, there’s just nothing we can do. Anyone with bet365 should utilise the cash out option I think though.

At least it’s no harm done to everyone who went Non Runner No Bet as I suggested. But I’m still gutted. Perhaps the rumour will be unfounded.. but I’m doubtful.

I was on at £50e/w with bet365, just cashed out, cost me a fiver.
Keep us informed if you hear its back on!
Antepost horse racing tip on 11:49 - Jan 29 with 6364 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Antepost horse racing tip on 22:34 - Jan 28 by Colin_Viljoen

I was on at £50e/w with bet365, just cashed out, cost me a fiver.
Keep us informed if you hear its back on!

Latest update

They simply aren’t able to get any work into him atm. He’s not physically fit enough to work him so they can’t access his likelihood of making the race. They will be able to tell if he’s a Triumph horse in the next 3 weeks but he’d be going straight there if he does. The new owner bought him for chasing (paid a straight million too which is huge) so the Triumph ‘isn’t the be all and end all’. However, he’s very highly regarded as a top class four year old and the Triumph is the current target if they can get him there.

But that is an IF. Correct decision cashing out all bets that aren’t NRNB. As a NRNB bet proposition, he’s still value.

FWIW, that update came from the assistant trainer of the yard Harry Dernham via someone else - The same person who mentioned the setback last night.

Antepost horse racing tip on 13:10 - Jan 29 with 6348 viewsTractorCam

I have no idea about horse racing, but have taken your advice and stuck a fiver on.

Cheers for the tip, although if it loses i'll pay you a visit at the next ITFC match and demand a refund!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Antepost horse racing tip on 13:11 - Jan 29 with 6340 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Antepost horse racing tip on 13:10 - Jan 29 by TractorCam

I have no idea about horse racing, but have taken your advice and stuck a fiver on.

Cheers for the tip, although if it loses i'll pay you a visit at the next ITFC match and demand a refund!

Skybet NRNB yeah?

I can’t stress the importance of betting with them at NRNB as the big danger is him not running.

There’s more chance he doesn’t run than does run but loses.

Antepost horse racing tip on 13:46 - Jan 29 with 6315 viewsTractorCam

Antepost horse racing tip on 13:11 - Jan 29 by The_Romford_Blue

Skybet NRNB yeah?

I can’t stress the importance of betting with them at NRNB as the big danger is him not running.

There’s more chance he doesn’t run than does run but loses.

I presume so, i just clicked on the cheltenham festival, scrolled down and saw that day 4 whatever it's called and clicked him at 10/1.

Probably messed something up then but hey ho.

EDIT: It is NRNB, happy days!
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 13:48]

Antepost horse racing tip on 02:57 - Feb 20 with 6125 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

A little update to this for TWTD

Pic D’Orhy is over his setbacks and back in training. He’s very much on target and they were even 50/50 about giving him a prep run Saturday in the Dovecote Hurdle but decided against it as the horse doesn’t need it after a busy season in France.

Very much back on track and aimed at the Triumph.

The dream is alive

Antepost horse racing tip on 07:50 - Feb 20 with 6054 viewsSuperblue95

Antepost horse racing tip on 02:57 - Feb 20 by The_Romford_Blue

Pic D’Orhy is over his setbacks and back in training. He’s very much on target and they were even 50/50 about giving him a prep run Saturday in the Dovecote Hurdle but decided against it as the horse doesn’t need it after a busy season in France.

The dream is alive

Happy days, my account is empty and all my other open bets are looking like dead money so this horse is my last chance to win some money without having to top up again

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Antepost horse racing tip on 08:06 - Feb 20 with 6042 viewsBenters2

The dream is alive

A message from Taximan.

Keeping in mind of course i have no idea about gambling and dont want to either.

He reckons it wont race here unless it has a prep race in the UK?

Something like that.
Login to get fewer ads

Antepost horse racing tip on 12:35 - Feb 20 with 5935 viewsMaySixth

Thanks

Why is Sir Erec the overwhelming favourite for this race with all the bookies?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Antepost horse racing tip on 01:23 - Feb 21 with 5823 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Antepost horse racing tip on 08:06 - Feb 20 by Benters2

A message from Taximan.

Keeping in mind of course i have no idea about gambling and dont want to either.

He reckons it wont race here unless it has a prep race in the UK?

Something like that.

He was bought for a huge figure a couple of months ago with UK racing the plan.

Antepost horse racing tip on 01:26 - Feb 21 with 5823 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Antepost horse racing tip on 12:35 - Feb 20 by MaySixth

Thanks

Why is Sir Erec the overwhelming favourite for this race with all the bookies?

Was a very good horse on the flat. Bought for hurdles by JP McManus over the autumn and has looked good so far in both of his runs.

But my reservations with Sir Erec are that he was able to dominate a slow field, using his turn of foot from his flat horse days. At Cheltenham, that won’t be possible as they’ll go much quicker early on and there will be more runners.

A solid favourite but it’s a poor race until Pic D’Orhy arrives.

We will see 3 weeks on Friday

Antepost horse racing tip on 05:23 - Feb 21 with 5777 viewsBenters2

Antepost horse racing tip on 01:23 - Feb 21 by The_Romford_Blue

He was bought for a huge figure a couple of months ago with UK racing the plan.

Ok mate good luck.
Antepost horse racing tip on 09:51 - Feb 21 with 5698 viewsabingdon_blue

The dream is alive

That Triumph trial on Saturday is the Adonis. I'm always worried when a horse misses its intended prep race and connections say its now going straight to the festival. But as you stated: you cant go wrong with the NRNB safety catch. If he does turn up he will no doubt be shorter than the 12-1 currently available.
Antepost horse racing tip (n/t) on 10:08 - Feb 21 with 5681 viewsTractorCam

Antepost horse racing tip on 01:26 - Feb 21 by The_Romford_Blue

Was a very good horse on the flat. Bought for hurdles by JP McManus over the autumn and has looked good so far in both of his runs.

But my reservations with Sir Erec are that he was able to dominate a slow field, using his turn of foot from his flat horse days. At Cheltenham, that won’t be possible as they’ll go much quicker early on and there will be more runners.

[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 10:09]

Antepost horse racing tip on 11:35 - Feb 21 with 5633 viewsbluejake78

I went to my Coral account when 1st mentioned.So I'm glad that he is back on track.
Fond memories of Rommy's 16-1 tip a while back which I converted to a Xbox and a soundbar.
Antepost horse racing tip on 11:45 - Feb 21 with 5621 viewsMaySixth

Antepost horse racing tip on 01:26 - Feb 21 by The_Romford_Blue

Thanks

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Antepost horse racing tip on 15:21 - Feb 21 with 5561 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Antepost horse racing tip on 09:51 - Feb 21 by abingdon_blue

That Triumph trial on Saturday is the Adonis. I'm always worried when a horse misses its intended prep race and connections say its now going straight to the festival. But as you stated: you cant go wrong with the NRNB safety catch. If he does turn up he will no doubt be shorter than the 12-1 currently available.

Indeed it is. But there was a reason the Dovecote would’ve been instead of the Adonis. Which ain’t info I know of unfortunately but connections had there reasons.

Instead, they’ve decided he doesn’t need a prep anyway after all those runs in France in the last 12 months.

I very much fancy him still.

The latest word is that they’ve been very very impressed in his recent work. The assistant trainer has been liking tweets about rumours of him being a bit of a machine too. All good vibes currently.

Antepost horse racing tip on 15:23 - Feb 21 with 5558 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Antepost horse racing tip on 11:35 - Feb 21 by bluejake78

I went to my Coral account when 1st mentioned.So I'm glad that he is back on track.
Fond memories of Rommy's 16-1 tip a while back which I converted to a Xbox and a soundbar.

Was that the Roger Varian flat horse? Or one for Arthur for the National?

The latter was a 4-figure win for myself. Great days. You can’t beat a bit of antepost betting at a big price.

I’ve got the favourite for a Cheltenham race at 16s too in a couple of races. So it’s been a good strategy.

Antepost horse racing tip on 19:06 - Feb 25 with 5314 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Another update for you good people

PD has been given an entry for Kelso on Saturday in a grade 2. They may go straight to Cheltenham or he may take in a prep. Decision not yet made. Well ahead of schedule for Cheltenham and you’d think he runs there now.

Antepost horse racing tip on 12:41 - Mar 13 with 4904 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Pic D’Orhy was today declared for the race on Friday.

And is now second favourite in places.

My each way lump at 22s and 16s looks nice now.

Antepost horse racing tip on 13:11 - Mar 13 with 4854 viewsTractorCam

Antepost horse racing tip on 12:41 - Mar 13 by The_Romford_Blue

Pic D’Orhy was today declared for the race on Friday.

And is now second favourite in places.

My each way lump at 22s and 16s looks nice now.

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

Antepost horse racing tip on 21:06 - Mar 14 with 4730 viewsSitfcB

Remember on Sky Bet you get a risk free bet on the first race.

Stick £20 on a horse and it loses? You get your cash back to withdraw.

Pic D’Orhy is in the first race.

NOTE:

This offer only applies to your FIRST CASH BET, on a horse that runs, placed on the 1.30 Cheltenham between 08:00 Friday 22nd February and 13.30 Friday 15th March.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

So if you placed a bet before 8:00 on Feb 22nd you can still qualify for the cash back.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Antepost horse racing tip on 21:27 - Mar 14 with 4696 viewsJ2BLUE

Antepost horse racing tip on 21:06 - Mar 14 by SitfcB

Remember on Sky Bet you get a risk free bet on the first race.

Stick £20 on a horse and it loses? You get your cash back to withdraw.

Pic D’Orhy is in the first race.

NOTE:

This offer only applies to your FIRST CASH BET, on a horse that runs, placed on the 1.30 Cheltenham between 08:00 Friday 22nd February and 13.30 Friday 15th March.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

So if you placed a bet before 8:00 on Feb 22nd you can still qualify for the cash back.

Paddy Power doing money back as a free bet if Sir Erec wins. Decent offer. The horse is 9/1. Only 7/1 with Sky at the moment, although risk free is risk free.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 21:29]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Antepost horse racing tip on 22:20 - Mar 14 with 4615 viewsHARRY10

Antepost horse racing tip on 21:27 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

Paddy Power doing money back as a free bet if Sir Erec wins. Decent offer. The horse is 9/1. Only 7/1 with Sky at the moment, although risk free is risk free.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 21:29]

thanks for the suggestion, interesting reading and as said you can act on it as suits

so please ignore the usual moaning minnies

and if it does come in e/w I shall raise a glass (or two) in thanks
Antepost horse racing tip on 13:50 - Mar 15 with 4456 viewsSuperblue95

So...should I give the loan sharks your address or..?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024