Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everything is against us 11:25 - Jan 28 with 2017 viewsskyblue23

Does anybody feel that this season was never going to go our way and our luck just won't change? I get the phrase 'You make your own luck', but I can't remember a season where so much has just not gone our way. I also understand we simply haven't been good enough, but every team gets that luck once in a while.

We've had a few spot kicks against us this season and I'd never blame a goalkeeper for not saving one as it's pot luck, but when are we going to save one, or them even miss the target?

Refereeing decisions this season have been awful, I do understand it's not every game, but when they happen they're crucial. Nsiala's red card, Villa pen and many more. When are we going to get that decision out of nowhere like others manage to get against us?

Injuries happen to all clubs but with Ipswich this seems to happen to any player that shows they might be able to help get us out of this mess!

Maybe I'm just on a massive downer today as I've been positive all season, but I feel the Sheffield Wednesday game is my last chance at keeping the hope. Lose or draw that game and I fully believe there will be no coming back.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Everything is against us on 11:30 - Jan 28 with 1992 viewsNo9

Yep, they need to resort to the Barry Fry remedy
Everything is against us on 11:35 - Jan 28 with 1978 viewsGuthrum

Perceptions: It feels that way because we're under the cosh. Every little negative is magnified by our situation and desperate need for points.

Plus with the defence being weak, low in confidence and under pressure a lot of the time, we are likely to give away more penalties. And once that starts - and becomes known - refs may begin looking out for mistakes more sharply.

The injury situation is no worse than it has been in previous seasons (indeed, several cases are left over from then, e.g. Huws).

The Wednesday game is by no means our last hope, as long as the teams above don't start to improve. That having been said, we need to start climbing soon, or time will run out.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Everything is against us on 11:42 - Jan 28 with 1959 viewsskyblue23

Everything is against us on 11:35 - Jan 28 by Guthrum

Perceptions: It feels that way because we're under the cosh. Every little negative is magnified by our situation and desperate need for points.

Plus with the defence being weak, low in confidence and under pressure a lot of the time, we are likely to give away more penalties. And once that starts - and becomes known - refs may begin looking out for mistakes more sharply.

The injury situation is no worse than it has been in previous seasons (indeed, several cases are left over from then, e.g. Huws).

The Wednesday game is by no means our last hope, as long as the teams above don't start to improve. That having been said, we need to start climbing soon, or time will run out.

I've just gone on EADT website and seen Stewart Watson has done a whole article about this haha!

I like the positivity about Sheffield Wednesday not being the last chance but I just can't see who we pick up points from if we can't against the likes of them.

And with the injuries I'm talking Skuce as soon as he started really playing well, Walters and now Jack lankaster just after he's bagged his first senior goal. Trust me I have no surprise about Huws.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Everything is against us on 11:46 - Jan 28 with 1950 viewsITFC_Forever

Gerken should certainly have saved the Blackburn one last week - that was an awful penalty and he dived out of the way of it.

Generally speaking though, you can blame luck for losing you a game or two, but not over the course of the season.
Although some of the penalties against us have been soft, the reason there are so many of them is because we are under so much pressure for so much of the time.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Everything is against us on 11:48 - Jan 28 with 1938 viewsGuthrum

Everything is against us on 11:42 - Jan 28 by skyblue23

I've just gone on EADT website and seen Stewart Watson has done a whole article about this haha!

I like the positivity about Sheffield Wednesday not being the last chance but I just can't see who we pick up points from if we can't against the likes of them.

And with the injuries I'm talking Skuce as soon as he started really playing well, Walters and now Jack lankaster just after he's bagged his first senior goal. Trust me I have no surprise about Huws.

Skuse, Walters and Lankester are no worse than Fraser, Williams or McGoldrick constantly getting injured at crucial moments in previous seasons.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Everything is against us on 12:08 - Jan 28 with 1875 viewsHarry_Palmer

It certainly seems that way but I'm sure fans of most other teams would have similar tales of woe. I'm afraid the overwhelming thing against us this season is not having very good football players compared to the vast majority of our opponents.
Everything is against us on 12:21 - Jan 28 with 1849 viewsGarv

Everything is against us on 11:42 - Jan 28 by skyblue23

I honestly don't think having Skuse would have bagged us many more results.

Walters was the one. Can you imagine if we'd had him fit this whole time?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Everything is against us on 12:45 - Jan 28 with 1798 viewsskyblue23

Everything is against us on 12:21 - Jan 28 by Garv

I honestly don't think having Skuse would have bagged us many more results.

Walters was the one. Can you imagine if we'd had him fit this whole time?

I was talking about Walters the other day, thinking back to how Hurst had said he knew it was a risk playing him and Walters to be fair had said he felt ok. But imagine had we not have taken that risk what might have been!

Login to get fewer ads

Everything is against us on 12:54 - Jan 28 with 1760 viewslowhouseblue

the club needs to be exorcised. but not just a standard exorcising. we need an arch-bishop and at least two buckets of holy water.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Everything is against us on 21:28 - Jan 28 with 1539 viewsbritbiker

Im worried about the Nodge game. We seem to have had poor decisikns against them in recent years.
I hope this one isnt made harder by a weak pen or sending off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024