Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday 13:38 - Jan 28 with 5204 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Poxy bus replacements are back - looks like I’m missing another home game.

Greater Anglia really are a disgrace. 5th year running they’ve done bus replacements on that line.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 13:42 - Jan 28 with 4351 viewswkj

What kind of plastic fan shies away from the UK failing transport infrastructure, has 12th Man signed your permission slip to miss the game btw?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 13:42 - Jan 28 with 4345 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 13:42 - Jan 28 by wkj

What kind of plastic fan shies away from the UK failing transport infrastructure, has 12th Man signed your permission slip to miss the game btw?

I’ve asked him to sell the ticket for me

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 13:43 - Jan 28 with 4339 viewswkj

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 13:42 - Jan 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I’ve asked him to sell the ticket for me

Ooof, So you're going to have to climb the ladder again? hard times friend

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 13:53 - Jan 28 with 4314 viewsEastTownBlue

Every weekend until the end of March now.
4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 14:10 - Jan 28 with 4294 viewsSteve_M

Fifth? And the rest.

They aren't to blame for the engineering work, they are to blame for making it the crappiest possible journey option (Ipswich to Colchester, change trains to Ingatestone, bus to Newbury Park).

Every Saturday home game until April now, although 16 Feb is nowhere near as bad (trains up then bus to Colchester and train back I think).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 14:16 - Jan 28 with 4278 viewsITFC_Forever

So get out of bed earlier.

An inconvenience yes, but don't see why it's the difference between going to a game or not.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 14:36 - Jan 28 with 4255 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 14:16 - Jan 28 by ITFC_Forever

So get out of bed earlier.

An inconvenience yes, but don't see why it's the difference between going to a game or not.

Because a home game really shouldn’t be an 11 hour trip from start to finish

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 14:39 - Jan 28 with 4250 viewsITFC_Forever

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 14:36 - Jan 28 by The_Romford_Blue

No, it shouldn't. But it is. So are you going to not do something you enjoy on principle. The only person losing out is you as you won't be at the game.

You know what the service between Ipswich and London has been like for the last few years, but you chose to by a ST.

Don't be such a snowflake and get on with it.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 14:56 - Jan 28 with 4224 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 14:39 - Jan 28 by ITFC_Forever

No, it shouldn't. But it is. So are you going to not do something you enjoy on principle. The only person losing out is you as you won't be at the game.

You know what the service between Ipswich and London has been like for the last few years, but you chose to by a ST.

Don't be such a snowflake and get on with it.

I’m not being a snowflake. I’m just saying, that after weighing up the pros and cons, I’ll stay here and watch the racing with me mate, avoid the 20 minute walk to and from Wycombe station and the four hour train journey all to see us lose.

On the balance, I choose to swerve this one.

We move on

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 15:30 - Jan 28 with 4153 viewsPinewoodblue

Slightly under four hours if you go via Cambridge but at least you avoid buses.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 15:47 - Jan 28 with 4123 viewspennblue

I am in the same boat, I would drive but don’t have a car right now

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 15:47 - Jan 28 with 4125 viewsTractorCam

The amount of buses on Saturdays is scandalous, at least half a year of services i'd say have the replacement buses on the Ipswich - London line.

Still I wouldn't miss a home game for it, you should leave about 8ish so you get to Ipswich for lunch and spend a few hours around town so it's not just a day completely on transport.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 17:12 - Jan 28 with 4038 viewsstrikalite

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 14:56 - Jan 28 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m not being a snowflake. I’m just saying, that after weighing up the pros and cons, I’ll stay here and watch the racing with me mate, avoid the 20 minute walk to and from Wycombe station and the four hour train journey all to see us lose.

We move on

Can't say I blame you lad, seen the weather for Saturday? Bigger snowflakes than you are turning up :)
4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 18:15 - Jan 28 with 3995 viewsBrixtonBlue

Is that where you're at uni?

Maybe split the journey up a bit, go see your parents Friday night? That's what I often do (not your parents, my own, though I'm sure yours are lovely).

As someone else said, it's been way more than 5 years. I was probably getting replacement buses on that line before you were born. I think the problem is they make the tracks out of cornflakes.

Also, imagine the scenes you might be missing just for not getting up a bit earlier!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 18:32 - Jan 28 with 3965 viewsBenters2

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 18:15 - Jan 28 by BrixtonBlue

Is that where you're at uni?

Maybe split the journey up a bit, go see your parents Friday night? That's what I often do (not your parents, my own, though I'm sure yours are lovely).

As someone else said, it's been way more than 5 years. I was probably getting replacement buses on that line before you were born. I think the problem is they make the tracks out of cornflakes.

Also, imagine the scenes you might be missing just for not getting up a bit earlier!

Grandma Bluebell lives over that way,im sure she would put young Rommers up for the night?
4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 21:27 - Jan 28 with 3863 viewsVaughan8

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 14:56 - Jan 28 by The_Romford_Blue

We move on

You have changed your tune from Saturday. You were saying it was our day saturday etc now “all to see us lose”. Surely that result hasn’t hit you that hard.

Fully appreciate an 11 hour round trip is not great and it could be snowing etc. Just enjoy yourself and don’t be bothered by “snowflake” jibes on here.
4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 04:29 - Jan 29 with 3786 viewsBenters2

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 21:27 - Jan 28 by Vaughan8

You have changed your tune from Saturday. You were saying it was our day saturday etc now “all to see us lose”. Surely that result hasn’t hit you that hard.

Fully appreciate an 11 hour round trip is not great and it could be snowing etc. Just enjoy yourself and don’t be bothered by “snowflake” jibes on here.

I’ve done longer days just to get to Watford on those replacement jobbies.

Mind you it was a cracking day out so well worth it,and scenes absolute scenes at the end.
4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 05:50 - Jan 29 with 3772 viewsBenters2

Haha! It was all yeeeeeeaaaaa blueeeeeeeas etc!
4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 07:14 - Jan 29 with 3736 viewsBloomBlue

I thought it was Network rail doing all the work not Greater Anglia
4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 07:19 - Jan 29 with 3729 viewsBenters2

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 07:14 - Jan 29 by BloomBlue

I thought it was Network rail doing all the work not Greater Anglia

It is.
4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 11:17 - Jan 29 with 3633 viewsbluebare

every home game is that long for me as a ST from Devon
4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 11:53 - Jan 29 with 3619 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

An away day on the piss all day with me mates is very different to an 11 hour day for a home game on me own.

I’m absolutely fine now - I’ve made other plans Saturday.

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 12:33 - Jan 29 with 3579 viewsBenters2

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 11:17 - Jan 29 by bluebare

every home game is that long for me as a ST from Devon

No thanks head in the other direction to Cornwall.
4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 12:38 - Jan 29 with 3569 viewsReuser_is_God

Surely that depends on where you live?

Stop being a melt.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

4 hours from Wycombe to Ipswich Saturday on 12:39 - Jan 29 with 3569 viewsReuser_is_God

I've just got off the phone with Marcus Evans, he said he'll pick Portman Road up & move it to Wycombe so you can watch the game.

Trouble is the other 14k who would've been at the game now have an 11 hour day.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024