Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An interesting article here boyos (CAUTION NOT BREXIT/ITFC RELATED) 14:04 - Jan 28 with 1206 viewschicoazul

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/03/ancient-dna-history/554798/

so..."we" by whom I mean Europeans are Neanderthal, whereas "Africans" and "Asians" are something else?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

An interesting article here boyos (CAUTION NOT BREXIT/ITFC RELATED) on 14:54 - Jan 28 with 1177 viewsGuthrum

No. Europeans, along with everybody else apart from Sub-Saharan Africans, carry traces of Neanderthal DNA. In fact, he states that East Asians have a larger portion than Europeans.

But we are still vastly more similar to the Sub-Saharan Africans (and everybody else still alive) genetically than to Neanderthals.

It is an interesting inteview about the political and historical conflicts surrounding the relationship between genetics, history, linguistics and archaeology.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 14:56]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

An interesting article here boyos (CAUTION NOT BREXIT/ITFC RELATED) on 15:46 - Jan 28 with 1145 viewschicoazul

An interesting article here boyos (CAUTION NOT BREXIT/ITFC RELATED) on 14:54 - Jan 28 by Guthrum

No. Europeans, along with everybody else apart from Sub-Saharan Africans, carry traces of Neanderthal DNA. In fact, he states that East Asians have a larger portion than Europeans.

But we are still vastly more similar to the Sub-Saharan Africans (and everybody else still alive) genetically than to Neanderthals.

It is an interesting inteview about the political and historical conflicts surrounding the relationship between genetics, history, linguistics and archaeology.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 14:56]

So Africans are indeed a different species from Europeans?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

An interesting article here boyos (CAUTION NOT BREXIT/ITFC RELATED) on 17:00 - Jan 28 with 1099 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hmm, evolution not about Brexit you say?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

An interesting article here boyos (CAUTION NOT BREXIT/ITFC RELATED) on 17:04 - Jan 28 with 1088 viewsmos

An interesting article here boyos (CAUTION NOT BREXIT/ITFC RELATED) on 15:46 - Jan 28 by chicoazul

No.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

An interesting article here boyos (CAUTION NOT BREXIT/ITFC RELATED) on 19:24 - Jan 28 with 1053 viewsGuthrum

An interesting article here boyos (CAUTION NOT BREXIT/ITFC RELATED) on 15:46 - Jan 28 by chicoazul

No. A few small fragments of DNA are not enough to make a different species.

Any more than I'm a different species from members of my family who have different coloured eyes (because of slightly different DNA).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

An interesting article here boyos (CAUTION NOT BREXIT/ITFC RELATED) on 07:38 - Jan 29 with 1021 viewschicoazul

An interesting article here boyos (CAUTION NOT BREXIT/ITFC RELATED) on 19:24 - Jan 28 by Guthrum

No. A few small fragments of DNA are not enough to make a different species.

Any more than I'm a different species from members of my family who have different coloured eyes (because of slightly different DNA).

But if we share 96% of our DNA with Chimps then surely, if we have a 2 percentage point difference between Europeans and sub Saharan Africans, then that is a big difference..? I am being cautious here as I dont want to come off like a Nazi

An interesting article here boyos (CAUTION NOT BREXIT/ITFC RELATED) on 09:23 - Jan 29 with 985 viewsjeera

An interesting article here boyos (CAUTION NOT BREXIT/ITFC RELATED) on 17:00 - Jan 28 by Swansea_Blue

Hmm, evolution not about Brexit you say?

This made me laugh.

I just tried to put it onto FB but it wouldn't fit properly - the bottom was a bit cut-off [?].

Probably just as well as I know one or two would find it provocative. Mind you, that was the point really so if you have any idea how to make it fit I'd be grateful.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024