Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May's Brexit plan C( or A3) 22:54 - Jan 28 with 1867 viewsPinewoodblue

Presumably after the vote tomorrow Teresa May will promise to try again and try and negotiate with the EU and there will be a third vote in two weeks time.

Parliament voted, by a massive majority, to leave the EU on 29th March regardless of whether a deal was agreed or not. Why is she continuing to let the clock run down, what on earth does she think she can gain from it?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 23:04 - Jan 28 with 1843 viewsHerbivore

We were promised the easiest deal in history.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 23:07 - Jan 28 with 1842 viewsPinewoodblue

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 23:04 - Jan 28 by Herbivore

We were promised the easiest deal in history.

Two sets of red lines got in the way. Anyone with a modicum of commonsense could see it wasn't gong to be easy.

2023 year of destiny

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 23:09 - Jan 28 with 1836 viewsBluefish

What does leave the eu mean?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 23:17 - Jan 28 with 1818 viewsHerbivore

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 23:07 - Jan 28 by Pinewoodblue

Two sets of red lines got in the way. Anyone with a modicum of commonsense could see it wasn't gong to be easy.

Hence many of the Tory government thinking it would be easy.

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 23:54 - Jan 28 with 1797 viewsGuthrum

It's important to remember the context of the vote to trigger Article 50, with its attendant two-year deadline expiring on 29th March 2019 (the latter not being the primary aim of that motion).

The EU was unwilling to commence substantive negotiations over withdrawal agreements or trade deals until the UK had actually taken that step. Thus there was pressure from all sides to get on with it.

What was not anticipated at the time was that most of the subsequent two years would be wasted with faffing about, general elections and generally failing to come up with an agreed plan, let alone getting it through Parliament. We were assured there was plenty of time.

And now here we sit, just weeks from B-Day, with MPs still competing over which one of their unrealistic fantasies they want the House of Commons to reject next.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 05:40 - Jan 29 with 1735 viewsm14_blue

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 23:54 - Jan 28 by Guthrum

It's important to remember the context of the vote to trigger Article 50, with its attendant two-year deadline expiring on 29th March 2019 (the latter not being the primary aim of that motion).

The EU was unwilling to commence substantive negotiations over withdrawal agreements or trade deals until the UK had actually taken that step. Thus there was pressure from all sides to get on with it.

What was not anticipated at the time was that most of the subsequent two years would be wasted with faffing about, general elections and generally failing to come up with an agreed plan, let alone getting it through Parliament. We were assured there was plenty of time.

And now here we sit, just weeks from B-Day, with MPs still competing over which one of their unrealistic fantasies they want the House of Commons to reject next.

Last paragraph sums it up brilliantly.
May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 06:56 - Jan 29 with 1714 viewsphillev231069

This country is nothing more than a massive sandbox for this government! You really couldn’t make this Shiite up! The blind leading (or attempting to) leading the blind.
May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 11:18 - Jan 29 with 1651 viewsMattinLondon

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 23:09 - Jan 28 by Bluefish

What does leave the eu mean?

Getting their country back and blue passports because red ones make them feel insecure...or something like that.
Login to get fewer ads

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 11:25 - Jan 29 with 1644 viewsNo9

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 23:07 - Jan 28 by Pinewoodblue

The ERG never thought it was going to eb anything but easy -

The UK never looked at the EU agreements they had signed up to before calling the referendum
The tories thought the EU would roll over and give Camerone everything he asked for - then (for some of them) they went too far and offered another sweetheart deal. Which the tories hard right rejected.

Now it's probably perfidoius Albion
May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 11:35 - Jan 29 with 1634 viewsSteve_M

It might have helped had the Government, let alone the Tory Party, actually worked out what it wanted first. The vast majority of the last two years - and indeed today's media coverage - has been devoted to their incompetent efforts to agree with reality.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 11:47 - Jan 29 with 1620 viewsNo9

"What was not anticipated at the time was that most of the subsequent two years would be wasted with faffing about, general elections and generally failing to come up with an agreed plan, let alone getting it through Parliament. We were assured there was plenty of time. "

I believe there were plenty who thought we would end up in a mess - I was was one of them.

I have spent a lot of time in Europe, particularly since 2010 so have been able to see much of this looking in. You only have to go back to the 2010 G.E. & subsequent events to see how this would unfold.

There is a level of surpeme incompetence but that is mixed with both the tory internal war + the media selling life outside the EU as utopia - what could go wrong
May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 12:06 - Jan 29 with 1605 viewsPinewoodblue

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 11:47 - Jan 29 by No9

"What was not anticipated at the time was that most of the subsequent two years would be wasted with faffing about, general elections and generally failing to come up with an agreed plan, let alone getting it through Parliament. We were assured there was plenty of time. "

I believe there were plenty who thought we would end up in a mess - I was was one of them.

I have spent a lot of time in Europe, particularly since 2010 so have been able to see much of this looking in. You only have to go back to the 2010 G.E. & subsequent events to see how this would unfold.

There is a level of surpeme incompetence but that is mixed with both the tory internal war + the media selling life outside the EU as utopia - what could go wrong

Have to agree, in part, when you say a lot of people could see the mess that was coming. While my heart said in the long run leave was the best option my head told me that we didn't have the expertise, nor the political will, to see it through. I voted remain.

The signs were there for everyone to see. Cameron couldn't budge the EU into making changes. The Eu has been determined to make it difficult from day one. They have had no intention of entering into meaningful trade negotiations until after we have left the EU..

The move to the right in many European countries is fuelled by a desire to try and stall the undemocratic way the EU is moving. When Junker steps down next year it seems obvious that Merkel will be his replacement which will lead to unrest in many countries.

Meanwhile the sh1t is about to hit the fan in the HoC when the speaker announces which amendments he will allow to be debated.

2023 year of destiny

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 12:15 - Jan 29 with 1595 viewslowhouseblue

there has never been a negotiation with the eu which hasn't gone to the last minute. in this case she is also negotiating with the house of commons. the ticking clock is her only ally.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 12:15 - Jan 29 with 1594 viewsHerbivore

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 12:06 - Jan 29 by Pinewoodblue

Have to agree, in part, when you say a lot of people could see the mess that was coming. While my heart said in the long run leave was the best option my head told me that we didn't have the expertise, nor the political will, to see it through. I voted remain.

The signs were there for everyone to see. Cameron couldn't budge the EU into making changes. The Eu has been determined to make it difficult from day one. They have had no intention of entering into meaningful trade negotiations until after we have left the EU..

The move to the right in many European countries is fuelled by a desire to try and stall the undemocratic way the EU is moving. When Junker steps down next year it seems obvious that Merkel will be his replacement which will lead to unrest in many countries.

Meanwhile the sh1t is about to hit the fan in the HoC when the speaker announces which amendments he will allow to be debated.

The EU can't negotiate with us in a meaningful way on future trade whilst we are still a member of the EU. It's also not really their remit to fix issues for us that our own government are too dim witted to resolve. The mess is on us and us alone, time to stop trying to shift the blame. And the shift to the right is, as it's always been, fuelled by a combination of poverty and xenophobia, not by a concern for democracy. Look at the rhetoric that helped Brexit to win, it was nothing to do with the democratic concerns.

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 12:57 - Jan 29 with 1548 viewsNo9

May's Brexit plan C( or A3) on 12:06 - Jan 29 by Pinewoodblue

"The signs were there for everyone to see. Cameron couldn't budge the EU into making changes. The Eu has been determined to make it difficult from day one."

History shows that is totally incorrect.
History also shows hopw badly Mr Cameron screwed up by treating EU members with contempt & now making it completely plain what he had got from the EU.

The whole thing is a tory mess and it continues

Just announced Mrs May intends to reopen the entire negotiation - is it true? who knows
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024