Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everything is still on the table 22:00 - Jan 29 with 6039 viewsSomethingBlue

It may only seem a tiny thing but that late Bolton goal gives a slither of hope to me - Reading look the kind of team that could pull clear with some momentum but now they don't really have any and the gap is the same as it was before those two away defeats. Saturday is winnable - in which case we *should* be down to four or five points off. As others have said, we are being helped by the poor quality of those around us but it will be a singularly low points total to stay up this year and just one decent little run would heave us towards it. This isn't done yet.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Everything is still on the table on 10:06 - Jan 30 with 1276 viewsCoastalblue

Everything is still on the table on 09:31 - Jan 30 by itfcjoe

Forgive the Norwich connections, but this is really interesting on Lambert - they talk about him extensively from about 33 minutes in

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/dir-g55yt-57b49b2

Just had a listen to that, it's quite inspiring and makes you think that longer term with a bit of support he could really shake us up and get us moving again.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Everything is still on the table on 10:19 - Jan 30 with 1246 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Everything is still on the table on 10:06 - Jan 30 by Coastalblue

Just had a listen to that, it's quite inspiring and makes you think that longer term with a bit of support he could really shake us up and get us moving again.

Which is great because that's exactly what he seems to be getting now from ME and his approach to the club. We've got some good times ahead, hopefully.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Everything is still on the table on 10:24 - Jan 30 with 1234 viewsITFC_Forever

Everything is still on the table on 10:03 - Jan 30 by Bluefish

We go 1 up and you tweet we will lose, we go 1 down and You tweet we will lose. I find it very odd, if it is that predictable why tweet it? It can't be healthy

I've not tweeted we will lose when we go 1 up?

Tweeting we're going to lose when we go 1 down isn't exactly Nostradamus stuff.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Everything is still on the table on 10:45 - Jan 30 with 1201 viewsBluefish

Everything is still on the table on 10:24 - Jan 30 by ITFC_Forever

I've not tweeted we will lose when we go 1 up?

Tweeting we're going to lose when we go 1 down isn't exactly Nostradamus stuff.

So in that case why do it?

It is pointless, you wouldn't tweet we are going to draw today at 0-0 in the last second so why tweet that we are going to lose? It seems to suggest spreading negativity and preferring to be right than to support. That sounds overly harsh because I know you are a very good supporter but that is what makes it stranger. I could expect it from some of the younger meltier types. Similar to why I give texty more stick even though I like him, I just think you are both better than that

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Everything is still on the table on 10:47 - Jan 30 with 1203 viewsBlue_Moses

For me it's just one more point that these teams have increased the gap by. Realistically we are going to pick up another 1-2 wins maximum before the end of the season.

I gave up after Bristol City at home, as much as it pains me to say it nothing on the pitch since that came has made me think I was wrong.

That's why I've given up.

Don't assume I'm miserable though, i made my peace with relegation well before Christmas and am looking forward to the rebuild next aeason. It's not fun watching us lose nearly every week.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2019 10:52]
Everything is still on the table on 10:52 - Jan 30 with 1190 viewsBluefish

Everything is still on the table on 10:47 - Jan 30 by Blue_Moses

For me it's just one more point that these teams have increased the gap by. Realistically we are going to pick up another 1-2 wins maximum before the end of the season.

I gave up after Bristol City at home, as much as it pains me to say it nothing on the pitch since that came has made me think I was wrong.

Don't assume I'm miserable though, i made my peace with relegation well before Christmas and am looking forward to the rebuild next aeason. It's not fun watching us lose nearly every week.

I am from a world where if you give up on you team then you don't deserve to call them your team anymore. You certainly wouldn't admit it in public. Utterly bizarre how watered down football supporting has become

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Everything is still on the table on 10:54 - Jan 30 with 1181 viewsSomethingBlue

I respect that but it's just not a mentality I can, for the life of me, comprehend.

Everything is still on the table on 11:06 - Jan 30 with 1159 viewsITFC_Forever

But it hasn't though.

We're chasing to get to 21st place.... and that gap hasn't changed, whereas a win for either of Bolton or Reading last night would have increased it.

We are chasing to finish 21st, not Bolton or Reading necessarily.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Everything is still on the table on 11:10 - Jan 30 with 1151 viewsBenters2

Everything is still on the table on 10:03 - Jan 30 by Bluefish

We go 1 up and you tweet we will lose, we go 1 down and You tweet we will lose. I find it very odd, if it is that predictable why tweet it? It can't be healthy

He hasnt been far out though has he.
Everything is still on the table on 11:35 - Jan 30 with 1126 viewsCoachRob

Everything is still on the table on 11:06 - Jan 30 by ITFC_Forever

But it hasn't though.

We're chasing to get to 21st place.... and that gap hasn't changed, whereas a win for either of Bolton or Reading last night would have increased it.

We are chasing to finish 21st, not Bolton or Reading necessarily.

Agree, there is still a chance of overhauling the teams in front of us and it is probably going to be a low total to stay up.
Everything is still on the table on 12:52 - Jan 30 with 1092 viewsReuser_is_God

Everything is still on the table on 22:05 - Jan 29 by SitfcB

If we all give up what’s the point?

Got to still think there’s a chance, there is.

Until it’s mathematically impossible then it’s possible.

I just keep telling myself how good the next few months will be if we do pull it off.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Everything is still on the table on 12:58 - Jan 30 with 1086 viewsReuser_is_God

Everything is still on the table on 09:53 - Jan 30 by itfcjoe

He's a great man manager....!

There is so much to it, but how he gets players running through brick walls for him

Very good but painful listen given the subject!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Everything is still on the table on 12:59 - Jan 30 with 1081 viewsPJH

Everything is still on the table on 12:52 - Jan 30 by Reuser_is_God

I just keep telling myself how good the next few months will be if we do pull it off.

Yes, especially for those of us that refuse to give up.
Everything is still on the table on 13:00 - Jan 30 with 1073 viewsPJH

Everything is still on the table on 12:58 - Jan 30 by Reuser_is_God

Very good but painful listen given the subject!

Meant to upvote your other post-and have-you have now got a bonus upvote.
Everything is still on the table on 13:10 - Jan 30 with 1059 viewsgoat_man

We've barely even won two games in a row over the last 15 years with better squads than this one. Why do you think we will suddenly put together a run now?
Everything is still on the table on 13:11 - Jan 30 with 1056 viewsSomethingBlue

Everything is still on the table on 13:10 - Jan 30 by goat_man

We've barely even won two games in a row over the last 15 years with better squads than this one. Why do you think we will suddenly put together a run now?

Did I say I thought we would?

Everything is still on the table on 13:14 - Jan 30 with 1052 viewsPJH

Everything is still on the table on 13:10 - Jan 30 by goat_man

Certainly if you discount all the times that we have won two or more games in a row over the last 15 years that would be a sensible post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024