Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans: The interview 06:05 - Jan 30 with 11645 viewsSitfcB

A very good, interesting read...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-owner-marcus-evans-gives-first-big-int

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Marcus Evans: The interview on 06:18 - Jan 30 with 7738 viewsBenters2

In a few lines what does it say?
Marcus Evans: The interview on 06:35 - Jan 30 with 7721 viewsgroovyASH

Nothing new in it

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Marcus Evans: The interview on 06:58 - Jan 30 with 7663 viewshatch

Marcus Evans: The interview on 06:18 - Jan 30 by Benters2

In a few lines what does it say?

Main summary is he couldn’t wait to get Clegg OUT.
Marcus Evans: The interview on 07:17 - Jan 30 with 7608 viewsKieran_Knows

It’s a decent interview, but have we actually learned anything new from it?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Marcus Evans: The interview on 07:21 - Jan 30 with 7591 viewssparks

Marcus Evans: The interview on 07:17 - Jan 30 by Kieran_Knows

What "new" things would you be expecting?

It rather shows how silly the people are who complain about lack of communication- we clearly already know all the important stuff.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Marcus Evans: The interview on 07:26 - Jan 30 with 7569 viewsKieran_Knows

Marcus Evans: The interview on 07:21 - Jan 30 by sparks

What "new" things would you be expecting?

It rather shows how silly the people are who complain about lack of communication- we clearly already know all the important stuff.

I don’t really know in all honesty, I just think the fact it’s took him over 10 years to do it, doesn’t sit well with me.

And no, I don’t want an owner interfering at every given opportunity, and neither do I want one like the Notts County owner who just b*ggered himself up over twitter, but I think had we have had a bit more communication along the way from him, there wouldn’t be this animosity towards him.

Still, he’s speaking out more often now, so let’s see how that goes.

Marcus Evans: The interview on 07:26 - Jan 30 with 7574 viewsSitfcB

Marcus Evans: The interview on 07:17 - Jan 30 by Kieran_Knows

I’m not sure what people were expecting?

It’s good to see him talk in depth and give reasons etc.

Also liked the pop at Derby

I wonder who the two owners who enquired about us where....?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2019 8:20]

COYB

Marcus Evans: The interview on 07:27 - Jan 30 with 7562 viewsDarth_Koont

Marcus Evans: The interview on 06:35 - Jan 30 by groovyASH

Nothing new in it

Bit harsh.

I agree it doesn't change the overall message and his strategy but it does add a lot of detail to how he's going about it.

And that detail certainly shows he's committed to the strategy in words and deeds. We can disagree and think the club should be run in other ways i.e. putting in many more millions but it's evident that he's thought about that and people are flogging a dead horse by insisting he changes.

I think as much as anything it's clear to me that he sees the project as a business challenge where he wants to get promoted on a sustainable business plan. That's a noble idea that can help change football for the better if it succeeds and also if it fails, although it's only us that will lose out if it's the latter. But there's no doubt from this interview that his emotional investment in the club is heavily connected to taking on that challenge, not just trying to get success for ITFC by any means.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Evans: The interview on 07:29 - Jan 30 with 7563 viewshatch

Marcus Evans: The interview on 07:26 - Jan 30 by SitfcB

The Derby reference and talk of two owners that made offers for us before joining other clubs and since leaving them were interesting. I wonder who the club that went down to League One is.
Marcus Evans: The interview on 07:32 - Jan 30 with 7542 viewsKieran_Knows

See my above reply. You’re right, I don’t know what I was expecting, but something about it all still doesn’t sit right with me, but hey ho!

Indeed, suppose we’ll never know who they were!

Marcus Evans: The interview on 07:36 - Jan 30 with 7521 viewsRegencyBlue

It’s interesting in so far as it really just does show all we can look forward to is more of the same.

When he says :

“The biggest frustration for me is this continual feeling that the club is under-invested in and that it means we have no chance, that we’re just going to keep going downhill. That’s peoples’ view”.

To me that just shows a lack or awareness. Look at the last eleven vears of your ownership Mr Evans. It’s not a ‘view’ it’s a fact!
Marcus Evans: The interview on 07:41 - Jan 30 with 7496 viewssparks

Marcus Evans: The interview on 07:36 - Jan 30 by RegencyBlue

It’s interesting in so far as it really just does show all we can look forward to is more of the same.

When he says :

“The biggest frustration for me is this continual feeling that the club is under-invested in and that it means we have no chance, that we’re just going to keep going downhill. That’s peoples’ view”.

To me that just shows a lack or awareness. Look at the last eleven vears of your ownership Mr Evans. It’s not a ‘view’ it’s a fact!

Not really- hes saying its not inevitable as an outcome. He believes it can be addressed. He may be wrong- time will tell. But its not a lack of awareness, he clearly knows exactly what people are saying.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Marcus Evans: The interview on 07:57 - Jan 30 with 7433 viewsgtsb

Marcus Evans: The interview on 07:36 - Jan 30 by RegencyBlue

When he says :

Whatever people's feelings he clearly has the clubs interest at heart otherwise he would have sold up as he has stated he has had the chance. It gets me that because he is worth circa 800M or something like that people think he has that in cash!!!!
Marcus Evans: The interview on 08:01 - Jan 30 with 7406 viewsjjblue84

It was good of Travelodge to style his office for nothing!
Marcus Evans: The interview on 08:03 - Jan 30 with 7388 viewsBenters2

As i couldnt be arsed to read all the drivel,did it say spending money doesnt work see Derby?
Marcus Evans: The interview on 08:06 - Jan 30 with 7388 viewsBlueWharf

Marcus Evans: The interview on 07:32 - Jan 30 by Kieran_Knows

See my above reply. You’re right, I don’t know what I was expecting, but something about it all still doesn’t sit right with me, but hey ho!

Indeed, suppose we’ll never know who they were!

Possibly Charlton? Think they threw a bit of money about for a season or two didn't they?
Marcus Evans: The interview on 08:26 - Jan 30 with 7303 viewsSitfcB

Marcus Evans: The interview on 08:03 - Jan 30 by Benters2

As i couldnt be arsed to read all the drivel,did it say spending money doesnt work see Derby?

“There’s only probably one or two clubs - I won’t mention who they are, but you can probably work it out — where the owners have consistently thrown money at it for the last seven or eight years.

The one I’m thinking about is still sitting just around the play-offs and still hasn’t been promoted.“

COYB

Marcus Evans: The interview on 09:02 - Jan 30 with 7201 viewsLesta_Tractor

Marcus Evans: The interview on 06:35 - Jan 30 by groovyASH

Nothing new in it

What else is he supposed to say?

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Marcus Evans: The interview on 09:04 - Jan 30 with 7187 viewsIpswichKnight

Marcus Evans: The interview on 08:06 - Jan 30 by BlueWharf

Possibly Charlton? Think they threw a bit of money about for a season or two didn't they?

Wonder if the current Sunderland owners made a bid before they brought Sunderland, might another be Coventry?
Marcus Evans: The interview on 09:16 - Jan 30 with 7135 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Really great journalism and interview. Enjoyed reading it. Shame it won't stop the whole 'he doesn't care about the club' and 'he just watches on from the sidelines' talk, but it's interesting to see how hands on he is getting and he clearly has an affinity with the club, and could of sold if he wanted to.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Marcus Evans: The interview on 09:34 - Jan 30 with 7065 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I love this bit of sarcasm;

Q: So the big question is this... Supporters are saying ‘thank you Marcus for your continued levels of annual investment’...

A: Are they? I haven’t heard that - that’s nice!

Fair play Marcus!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

on 09:52 - Jan 30 with 6980 views_

Marcus Evans: The interview on 09:57 - Jan 30 with 6948 viewsBenters2

Marcus Evans: The interview on 08:26 - Jan 30 by SitfcB

“There’s only probably one or two clubs - I won’t mention who they are, but you can probably work it out — where the owners have consistently thrown money at it for the last seven or eight years.

The one I’m thinking about is still sitting just around the play-offs and still hasn’t been promoted.“

Yeah sod that sitting in 6th place in the table and pulling in average crowds of 30+k a game.

At least they are giving it a go,where as we have sort of accepted we are down!
Marcus Evans: The interview on 10:05 - Jan 30 with 6924 viewsHerbivore

The main bit of interest for me was that we seem to now finally be scouting abroad, which is a bonus. It does sound like he's finally getting a sustainable structure in place at the club, it's just coming a bit too late.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Marcus Evans: The interview on 10:07 - Jan 30 with 6916 viewschicoazul

A perfectly reasonable, interesting interview that backs up what pretty much all well informed intelligent ITFC fans think & know. It's hard to pick many holes in it apart from one glaring one; his selection of senior staff is awful and, given how he describes how he runs his businesses, that's the one thing he needs to get spot on.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024