Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night 08:00 - Jan 30 with 2644 viewsOsborneOneNil

...a fellow referee, albeit a few levels lower than Stroud. Got chatting about our latest loss and I mentioned the 2 penalty decisions. He pulled the highlights up on his phone to give his thoughts. He watched Villa’s...couldn’t believe it. ‘Keith will be gutted about that one’. With our one, he said the angle would be difficult for the ref, but the assistant, or in his opinion, the 4th official should have called it, 100%.

So yeah, nothing new, but a referee agrees that we were hard done by, again.
Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 08:03 - Jan 30 with 2599 viewssparks

Im not at all convinced that Keith will be "gutted".

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 08:05 - Jan 30 with 2586 viewsBluefish

Are 4th officials allowed to make decision then? Apart from the lottery of time added on

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 08:06 - Jan 30 with 2583 viewsOsborneOneNil

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 08:03 - Jan 30 by sparks

Im not at all convinced that Keith will be "gutted".

‘Extremely disappointed’, were his words. Said the assessor will ‘hammer him’ for his performance.
Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 08:17 - Jan 30 with 2519 viewsOsborneOneNil

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 08:05 - Jan 30 by Bluefish

Are 4th officials allowed to make decision then? Apart from the lottery of time added on

That was my exact response when he said that, and apparently they can. He said the 4th official should have been immediately on his mic 'pen, pen, pen'...Ref would then reply 'sure, 100%?'...once confirmed, the ref was tell the ref assistant to flag for handball. Ref would consult, then give it.

He said the chat between ref, assistant and 4th official is constant, and a lot more is given by the 4th than anyone realises.
Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 08:36 - Jan 30 with 2441 viewsITFC_Forever

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 08:05 - Jan 30 by Bluefish

I might wrong, but doesn't the ref tell the 4th official how much time allowed there will be.

30 seconds per goal / sub.
A bit for a stoppage.
Another minute just for the fun of it.

Usually comes to 4/5 minutes at the end of the second half.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 08:41 - Jan 30 with 2408 viewsReuser_is_God

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 08:17 - Jan 30 by OsborneOneNil

That was my exact response when he said that, and apparently they can. He said the 4th official should have been immediately on his mic 'pen, pen, pen'...Ref would then reply 'sure, 100%?'...once confirmed, the ref was tell the ref assistant to flag for handball. Ref would consult, then give it.

He said the chat between ref, assistant and 4th official is constant, and a lot more is given by the 4th than anyone realises.

But how the 4th official of had the best view of that incident from the halfway line?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 10:57 - Jan 30 with 2150 viewsOsborneOneNil

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 08:41 - Jan 30 by Reuser_is_God

But how the 4th official of had the best view of that incident from the halfway line?

Good question, one I also asked. My ref mate said that the angle of that incident wouldn't have given Stroud, or potentially the assistant ref, the best view. The 4th official would have the best view of it from the angle he would have seen it, despite being on halfway. Eye sight isn't the issue, it's the angle. I sort of got it when he explained.
Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 10:58 - Jan 30 with 2140 viewsNo9

Poor quality Ref's = the curse of English football
Login to get fewer ads

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 16:32 - Jan 30 with 1820 viewsMullet

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 08:06 - Jan 30 by OsborneOneNil

‘Extremely disappointed’, were his words. Said the assessor will ‘hammer him’ for his performance.

I'm assuming the hammer is rubber given the fact he's been reffing beyond U9's.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 16:40 - Jan 30 with 1779 viewsITFC_Forever

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 08:06 - Jan 30 by OsborneOneNil

He should be used to it, and it clearly doesn't have any effect.

And being hammered might be the level of his sobriety when he refs matches looking at his usual performances.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 16:42 - Jan 30 with 1760 viewsTractorCam

Whilst that's all well and good he is a regular ref for sky tv games and always has one fairly big error, if he was truly 'hammered' for these incidents he wouldn't be anywhere near the championship.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 20:36 - Jan 30 with 1562 viewswarkthisway

If I were you I would change my Mortgage advisor-all very inappropriate .

bentnkuqi

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 21:19 - Jan 30 with 1465 viewsOsborneOneNil

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 20:36 - Jan 30 by warkthisway

If I were you I would change my Mortgage advisor-all very inappropriate .

Ah, I am that mortgage adviser. The ref is my client.
Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 21:20 - Jan 30 with 1461 viewsOsborneOneNil

Had a Mortgage Appt with a mate of Keith Strouds last night on 16:32 - Jan 30 by Mullet

I'm assuming the hammer is rubber given the fact he's been reffing beyond U9's.

Appears to be the case. I’m unsure of how a ref can be so poor, for so long
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024