Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Antigua Test Match 15:32 - Jan 30 with 1952 viewsIpswichKnight

England make 2 changes to the 12 from the thrashing in Barbados, in come Joe Denly and Jack Leach for Jennings and Rashid.
Antigua Test Match on 15:59 - Jan 30 with 1895 viewsmarkand1986

Not sure Denly is the answer but then who is. Rashid had a horror show in the first test, would expect Broad to also come back in for either Rashid or Curran.
Antigua Test Match on 20:04 - Jan 30 with 1806 viewsgainsboroughblue

Antigua Test Match on 15:59 - Jan 30 by markand1986

Not sure Denly is the answer but then who is. Rashid had a horror show in the first test, would expect Broad to also come back in for either Rashid or Curran.

The official reason for Rashid making way for Leach is to attend the birth of his child. I'd imagine he'd have been left out anyway.

Joe Denly is probably in for his part-time leg spin as much as anything else.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Antigua Test Match on 20:06 - Jan 30 with 1797 viewsmarkand1986

Antigua Test Match on 20:04 - Jan 30 by gainsboroughblue

The official reason for Rashid making way for Leach is to attend the birth of his child. I'd imagine he'd have been left out anyway.

Joe Denly is probably in for his part-time leg spin as much as anything else.

Root bowled better than Rashid did so he would have been left out anyway. Somebody suggested wicked to open the batting on here last week. Don’t think that’s the worst idea.
Antigua Test Match on 20:09 - Jan 30 with 1793 viewssparks

Correct to drop Rashid. Not least because Root hardly ever bowls him.

I get the impression that because he made the big comittment to play red ball again, they have been feeling obliged to pick him...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Antigua Test Match on 20:20 - Jan 30 with 1777 viewsmarkand1986

Antigua Test Match on 20:09 - Jan 30 by sparks

I get the impression that because he made the big comittment to play red ball again, they have been feeling obliged to pick him...

Did pretty well in Sri Lanka just always think England are ok when they win the toss and do as they please but metntally weak. Too many all rounders played last game. Jason Roy will come in at some stage in the summer.
Antigua Test Match on 20:25 - Jan 30 with 1766 viewsAce_High1

Jason Roy will open in the Ashes so should have been out there to get a few games in this series.

Expect Broad to come in for Curran tomorrow.
Antigua Test Match on 20:26 - Jan 30 with 1763 viewsgainsboroughblue

Antigua Test Match on 20:20 - Jan 30 by markand1986

Did pretty well in Sri Lanka just always think England are ok when they win the toss and do as they please but metntally weak. Too many all rounders played last game. Jason Roy will come in at some stage in the summer.

I'm hoping Jason Roy can be our own David Warner (minus the getting a ban). For the love of God, we have to get some consistency and reliability in our top order.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Antigua Test Match on 20:30 - Jan 30 with 1756 viewsIpswichKnight

Antigua Test Match on 20:09 - Jan 30 by sparks

Not sure he will play for England again in a test match, unlikely to play against Ireland and the Aussies in the summer we then tour South Africa and New Zealand in the Winter none of those pitches will want 3 spinners.

Must add he has taken the most amount of wickets as a leggie for England since the 50s.

Think Curran will be left out for Broad and Leach in for Rashid.
Login to get fewer ads

Antigua Test Match on 20:57 - Jan 30 with 1728 viewscatch74

Antigua Test Match on 20:30 - Jan 30 by IpswichKnight

Not sure he will play for England again in a test match, unlikely to play against Ireland and the Aussies in the summer we then tour South Africa and New Zealand in the Winter none of those pitches will want 3 spinners.

Must add he has taken the most amount of wickets as a leggie for England since the 50s.

Think Curran will be left out for Broad and Leach in for Rashid.

As has been said Denly bowls a bit of spin - he’s already announced as starting instead of Jennings, wonder if it will then just be Broad for Rashid. Could easily add in Leach for Ali though, miserly start to his England career.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Antigua Test Match on 20:59 - Jan 30 with 1724 viewsXYZ

Not enough wicketkeepers. Who will keep wicket if three get injured?
Antigua Test Match on 21:22 - Jan 30 with 1704 viewsjimsymBLUE

Antigua Test Match on 20:59 - Jan 30 by XYZ

Not enough wicketkeepers. Who will keep wicket if three get injured?

Don't fret... Rory Burns is a keeper too and Billings has been the Lions best bat over the past month!!!

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Antigua Test Match on 22:24 - Jan 30 with 1657 viewsIpswichKnight

Antigua Test Match on 20:57 - Jan 30 by catch74

As has been said Denly bowls a bit of spin - he’s already announced as starting instead of Jennings, wonder if it will then just be Broad for Rashid. Could easily add in Leach for Ali though, miserly start to his England career.

Broad for Curran, leach for Rashid and Denly for Jennings would be my guess. Tail gets a bit long though but you have to trust your top order to get the runs!
Antigua Test Match on 13:48 - Jan 31 with 1541 viewshatch

Denly in for Jennings and Broad in for Rashid. Although Curran offered little with the ball he was one of our more solid performers with the bat and I don’t mind us sticking by him, clearly not a pitch for spin again.

Looking at the stadium takes me back to two years ago when I was driving across the island with my girlfriend and spotted the stadium - it was all open so walked into it and sat in the party stand where the grounds men were enjoying a beer at the bar watching the football. We were able to just walk into the outfield and stand on the wicket. A brilliant stadium to watch cricket and surreal that we could just walk into the square like that. Great days
Antigua Test Match on 14:25 - Jan 31 with 1518 viewsjimsymBLUE

And it begins!! Green pitch, who fancies a guess at our first innings total...I'll go 154 a.o.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024