Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time 23:11 - Jan 30 with 3094 viewsBrixtonBlue

Jesus, WTF was going on at the end there?! It was like Stanley Kubrick took a load of LSD before making the end.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 23:15 - Jan 30 with 3071 viewsSpruceMoose

I suspect that is exactly what he did. Some say he's still tripping balls in the great beyond.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 23:21 - Jan 30 with 3051 viewsBLUEBEAT

Such a great film. Nothing else like it.

Poll: W or W

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 23:26 - Jan 30 with 3045 viewsRyorry

One of my fav films of all time.

I eventually worked out my own personal theory about the ending (which I'm not going to post on here) - perhaps that's something that all viewers have to do as individuals.

'The Blue Danube' has been one of my fav pieces ever since! When the film first came out, you could only get that kind of big surround sound from actually going to the cinema.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 00:04 - Jan 31 with 2995 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 23:26 - Jan 30 by Ryorry

One of my fav films of all time.

I eventually worked out my own personal theory about the ending (which I'm not going to post on here) - perhaps that's something that all viewers have to do as individuals.

'The Blue Danube' has been one of my fav pieces ever since! When the film first came out, you could only get that kind of big surround sound from actually going to the cinema.

Why would you worry about posting your theory on here? Your view is as valid as anyone else's.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 00:05 - Jan 31 with 2993 viewsSpruceMoose

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 00:04 - Jan 31 by BrixtonBlue

Why would you worry about posting your theory on here? Your view is as valid as anyone else's.

Apart from mine. Y'all should ignore me!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 00:25 - Jan 31 with 2980 viewsEireannach_gorm

The future world of autonomous cars?

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 00:26 - Jan 31 with 2987 viewsRyorry

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 00:04 - Jan 31 by BrixtonBlue

It's very difficult to word this, so I've edited it, but let's just say that owing to the attitudes of some people, I no longer share on here some of the things that mean most to me.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 0:49]

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 03:34 - Jan 31 with 2897 viewsSpruceMoose

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 00:26 - Jan 31 by Ryorry

It's very difficult to word this, so I've edited it, but let's just say that owing to the attitudes of some people, I no longer share on here some of the things that mean most to me.

Unless it's my attitude that's the problem, I'd be interested in hearing about the theory via pm!

Login to get fewer ads

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 05:33 - Jan 31 with 2835 viewsBenters2

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 00:26 - Jan 31 by Ryorry

It may come as a surprise to you but my dear old dad loved classical music, so from a very young age every Sunday morning he banged that out on the old record player amongst other classics.

I don’t mind a lot of it myself tbh.

I also watched this film maybe a year ago and thought it was marvellous.

Regarding what you choose to share,I don’t blame you as i feel the same now,I have met some truly great people from this site,those that I like I either Pm,email or text now.It truly doesn’t pay to share everything on the forum.

Enjoy your day.
Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 06:21 - Jan 31 with 2808 viewsFtnfwest

Read the book, all explained
Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 08:03 - Jan 31 with 2719 viewsBrixtonBlue

I mean, it's up to you but it's only a film, I can't see how your explanation would cause that much grief. But if you're writing it up for Spruce feel free to PM it to me as well. I haven't got a Scooby!

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 08:17 - Jan 31 with 2696 viewsBenters2

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 08:03 - Jan 31 by BrixtonBlue

I mean, it's up to you but it's only a film, I can't see how your explanation would cause that much grief. But if you're writing it up for Spruce feel free to PM it to me as well. I haven't got a Scooby!

Scooby?

That's Romford lingo.
Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 08:20 - Jan 31 with 2693 viewschicoazul

The idea was supposed to be that he is taken in by god-like entities, creatures of pure energy and intelligence with no shape or form. They put him in what I suppose you could describe as a human zoo to study him, and his whole life passes from that point on in that room. And he has no sense of time. It just seems to happen as it does in the film.

They choose this room, which is a very inaccurate replica of French architecture (deliberately so, inaccurate) because one was suggesting that they had some idea of something that he might think was pretty, but wasn’t quite sure. Just as we’re not quite sure what do in zoos with animals to try to give them what we think is their natural environment.

Anyway, when they get finished with him, as happens in so many myths of all cultures in the world, he is transformed into some kind of super being and sent back to Earth, transformed and made into some sort of superman. We have to only guess what happens when he goes back. It is the pattern of a great deal of mythology.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 8:20]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 10:29 - Jan 31 with 2589 viewsFtnfwest

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 08:20 - Jan 31 by chicoazul

The idea was supposed to be that he is taken in by god-like entities, creatures of pure energy and intelligence with no shape or form. They put him in what I suppose you could describe as a human zoo to study him, and his whole life passes from that point on in that room. And he has no sense of time. It just seems to happen as it does in the film.

They choose this room, which is a very inaccurate replica of French architecture (deliberately so, inaccurate) because one was suggesting that they had some idea of something that he might think was pretty, but wasn’t quite sure. Just as we’re not quite sure what do in zoos with animals to try to give them what we think is their natural environment.

Anyway, when they get finished with him, as happens in so many myths of all cultures in the world, he is transformed into some kind of super being and sent back to Earth, transformed and made into some sort of superman. We have to only guess what happens when he goes back. It is the pattern of a great deal of mythology.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 8:20]

The follow up 2010 has him returning to earth
Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 11:08 - Jan 31 with 2553 viewsDaleyitfc

It makes no sense, The book has a completely different ending to the film ... and also makes no sense. The whole story, in whatever form, is a complete waste of time and effort to read / watch : meaningless arty-farty drivel.
Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 11:15 - Jan 31 with 2541 viewsNo9

Arthur C Clarke way ahead of his time
Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 11:30 - Jan 31 with 2532 viewsSpruceMoose

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 05:33 - Jan 31 by Benters2

It may come as a surprise to you but my dear old dad loved classical music, so from a very young age every Sunday morning he banged that out on the old record player amongst other classics.

I don’t mind a lot of it myself tbh.

I also watched this film maybe a year ago and thought it was marvellous.

Regarding what you choose to share,I don’t blame you as i feel the same now,I have met some truly great people from this site,those that I like I either Pm,email or text now.It truly doesn’t pay to share everything on the forum.

Enjoy your day.

Good post. I like it when people share that kind of thing, for what it's worth.

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 11:44 - Jan 31 with 2515 viewsBenters2

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 11:30 - Jan 31 by SpruceMoose

Good post. I like it when people share that kind of thing, for what it's worth.

Thanks.
Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 12:14 - Jan 31 with 2482 viewsBackToRussia

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 11:44 - Jan 31 by Benters2

Thanks.

Thanks.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 13:46 - Jan 31 with 2414 viewsSpruceMoose

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 11:44 - Jan 31 by Benters2

Thanks.

Libby got me thinking, might be better for us to concentrate on the common ground we do share rather than the stuff we don't. I love the great outdoors for example, something I imagine we share?

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 14:27 - Jan 31 with 2376 viewsRyorry

Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, fully, for the first time on 11:08 - Jan 31 by Daleyitfc

It makes no sense, The book has a completely different ending to the film ... and also makes no sense. The whole story, in whatever form, is a complete waste of time and effort to read / watch : meaningless arty-farty drivel.

One of the great strengths of the film is that it's open to multiple interpretations - different people will see it in different ways & get different things out of it - you just have to allow your imagination the freedom to wander - and wonder. But you can't do that if you've made up your mind about it.

Fwiw I think I saw it at least twice, if not 3 times, before working out my interpretation of the various strands - which I didn't mind in the slightest, as I enjoyed it, & saw more & more in it, with each viewing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024