Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well strike me down with a damp rag 07:26 - Jan 31 with 6948 viewsjjblue84

If only we had clear talking like this in our own parliament!!
Well strike me down with a damp rag on 10:48 - Jan 31 with 2652 viewsLord_Lucan

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 10:38 - Jan 31 by Guthrum

The Party didn't remotely want Fox, Crabb baled out, Gove only had the same small coterie voting for him and Leadsom had to withdraw after stupid comments. But throughout, May was getting by far and away the strongest support, polling 50% in the first round and 60% in the second.

Johnson was probably the only candidate who could have mounted a serious challenge. But he shied away at the critical moment, didn't try to tough his way through the Gove backstabbing incident.

Yes I appreciate all of this Guthers, but that wasn't really my point. My point was that we woke up to the sh1t storm that is BREXIT and Cameron the snake resigned even though he said he wouldn't.

I agree with the earlier comments that those who got us in this mess should get on with it. May shouldn't have stood.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 11:30 - Jan 31 with 2613 viewsNo9

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
You are very easily conned by the man who goes to Brussels in a private plane
& did he get a German PP?
Well strike me down with a damp rag on 11:49 - Jan 31 with 2599 viewsDarth_Koont

Hehe. What an utter fantasist tool he is.

You should stick to your guns, Nige and push for your Norway deal. That at least was dealing with reality.

Pronouns: He/Him

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 11:58 - Jan 31 with 2585 viewsPinewoodblue

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 11:49 - Jan 31 by Darth_Koont

Hehe. What an utter fantasist tool he is.

You should stick to your guns, Nige and push for your Norway deal. That at least was dealing with reality.

The EU steadfastly refuses to talk about a trade deal until we have left.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 12:04 - Jan 31 with 2570 viewsNo9

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 10:02 - Jan 31 by Steve_M

It's bollox though. Another semi-convincing myth from the IEA.

https://uktradeforum.net/2019/01/26/why-claims-about-a-wto-article-24-interim-ag

It seems from a number of sources connected to the WTO that the brexiters ahve been spreading untruths about what the UK can do
Well strike me down with a damp rag on 12:06 - Jan 31 with 2566 viewsNo9

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 11:58 - Jan 31 by Pinewoodblue

It would have helped matters if the tories had read the rules before embarking on this debacle
Well strike me down with a damp rag on 12:13 - Jan 31 with 2554 viewsNo9

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 10:48 - Jan 31 by Lord_Lucan

Yes I appreciate all of this Guthers, but that wasn't really my point. My point was that we woke up to the sh1t storm that is BREXIT and Cameron the snake resigned even though he said he wouldn't.

I agree with the earlier comments that those who got us in this mess should get on with it. May shouldn't have stood.

"May shouldn't have stood"

You are forgetting this woman has an enormous ego

She would have taken the job even if it meant cleaning Londons sewers by hand first
Well strike me down with a damp rag on 12:19 - Jan 31 with 2548 viewsDarth_Koont

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 11:58 - Jan 31 by Pinewoodblue

Yes, but if we had a Government and withdrawal agreement that was lining up a Norway-style deal then A) we'd have a deal that easily worked with the EU and for our industry and B) would accurately reflect the nature of the vote.

Instead we've got the Tories putting in their own party political red lines and getting in a mixup over the Irish border with absolutely no mandate for that via the referendum result. Producing a result that nobody wants and doesn't even deal with reality.

People might say "What's the point of a soft Brexit?" and leaving in name only but that's academic if you can apply that even more to a hard Brexit with a no deal scenario to kick it off. That doesn't work on any level except for the one-eyed loons most of whom will be dead, retired or can move themselves and/or their money out of the country.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 12:20]

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 12:21 - Jan 31 with 2542 viewsLord_Lucan

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 12:13 - Jan 31 by No9

"May shouldn't have stood"

You are forgetting this woman has an enormous ego

She would have taken the job even if it meant cleaning Londons sewers by hand first

I don't really know much about her ego tbh.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 13:13 - Jan 31 with 2501 viewsGuthrum

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 10:48 - Jan 31 by Lord_Lucan

I really doubt most of the others would have done any better. Taking too much of a pro-ERG line (as Fox might have done) would just have led to a massive rebellion from the other wing of the party. I don't get the impression Leadsom is really as capable a political operator as May, plus she's no more charismatic and neither does she have the experience of high office (running the Privy Council and organising HoC business is not up to the level of the Home Office).

Gove might have done OK, but, like Fox, he was not getting through the selection process.

(From a Conservative point of view) at least she managed a draw in the General Election. Someone even less effective might have let in a Labour-led coalition, assuming things took a similar course.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 13:32 - Jan 31 with 2482 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 13:13 - Jan 31 by Guthrum

I really doubt most of the others would have done any better. Taking too much of a pro-ERG line (as Fox might have done) would just have led to a massive rebellion from the other wing of the party. I don't get the impression Leadsom is really as capable a political operator as May, plus she's no more charismatic and neither does she have the experience of high office (running the Privy Council and organising HoC business is not up to the level of the Home Office).

Gove might have done OK, but, like Fox, he was not getting through the selection process.

(From a Conservative point of view) at least she managed a draw in the General Election. Someone even less effective might have let in a Labour-led coalition, assuming things took a similar course.

I doubt anyone could have run a worse general election campaign than May. She had a twenty point lead. The Tories walked the council elections just a month before the GE which is always seen as a dry run for the real thing.

She alienated her core support with her manifesto and when Labour started to pick up in the polls she went into hiding hoping that she could scrape in.

Had she put half the effort into the GE campaign as she has with her EU deal over the past two months she'd have a very comfortable majority right now.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 13:34 - Jan 31 with 2484 viewsSpruceMoose

Stupid moron couldn't even be involved in a plane crash correctly, let alone negotiate his way out of the EU.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 13:47 - Jan 31 with 2460 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 13:34 - Jan 31 by SpruceMoose

Stupid moron couldn't even be involved in a plane crash correctly, let alone negotiate his way out of the EU.

You really don't help yourself at times sprucey. I would have thought the thread from the other evening would have lead to a period of reflection.

Regardless of your feelings towards Farage's politics, he could have been killed in that crash. As it is his body has never fully recovered and the pilot went on to suffer mental health issues which lead to his untimely death at the age of 48.

This isn't a defence of Farge's divisive politics btw.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 13:47 - Jan 31 with 2463 viewsNo9

Isn't ti strange the common man of the people has access to a private plane whenever he wants

Indicative of how the brexiters believe everyone is wealthy.
Well strike me down with a damp rag on 13:52 - Jan 31 with 2447 viewsNo9

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 12:19 - Jan 31 by Darth_Koont

Yes, but if we had a Government and withdrawal agreement that was lining up a Norway-style deal then A) we'd have a deal that easily worked with the EU and for our industry and B) would accurately reflect the nature of the vote.

Instead we've got the Tories putting in their own party political red lines and getting in a mixup over the Irish border with absolutely no mandate for that via the referendum result. Producing a result that nobody wants and doesn't even deal with reality.

People might say "What's the point of a soft Brexit?" and leaving in name only but that's academic if you can apply that even more to a hard Brexit with a no deal scenario to kick it off. That doesn't work on any level except for the one-eyed loons most of whom will be dead, retired or can move themselves and/or their money out of the country.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 12:20]

This was always & only about the tory party, nothing else
Where did the EU rate in public concern pre Cameron?
It didn't, the tory war has become a very serious issue for the UK
& the rest of the world are not impressed
Well strike me down with a damp rag on 14:32 - Jan 31 with 2421 viewsitfcjoe

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 12:21 - Jan 31 by Lord_Lucan

I don't really know much about her ego tbh.

Surely the fact she is not listening to anyone in negotiations and just ploughing through with her plan as the only plan should tell you enough about it?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 15:07 - Jan 31 with 2387 viewsWhymarkmariner

Whatever the arguments going on between remainers and Brexiteers, backstoppers and no dealers and the like. Stupid mistakes by May or whatever. The real truth is the EU don't want us to leave. Mainly because of our contributions. They also cannot be seen to give us a good deal because there are several other Countries in Europe who would follow suit. Maybe .their leaders are saying we love and need Europe, but I would hazard a good guess that the peoples of these Countries would if given the chance vote to come out of the EU .
Well strike me down with a damp rag on 15:07 - Jan 31 with 2386 viewsLord_Lucan

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 14:32 - Jan 31 by itfcjoe

Surely the fact she is not listening to anyone in negotiations and just ploughing through with her plan as the only plan should tell you enough about it?

I wouldn't put that down to ego at all, maybe a misguided single mindedness as to what she believes is right.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 15:08]

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 15:09 - Jan 31 with 2378 viewsjjblue84

Welcome back snowflake!
Well strike me down with a damp rag on 15:14 - Jan 31 with 2369 viewsitfcjoe

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 15:07 - Jan 31 by Lord_Lucan

I wouldn't put that down to ego at all, maybe a misguided single mindedness as to what she believes is right.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 15:08]

Surely a single mindedness that you are right is ego though? Especially when you are getting a battering for it and suffering the worst defeat in best part of 100 years in the commons though?

Even then when she offered talks with the other parties, they all came away sayin she still isn't listening and is just pushing on with ther plan

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 15:24 - Jan 31 with 2356 viewsLord_Lucan

Well strike me down with a damp rag on 15:14 - Jan 31 by itfcjoe

Surely a single mindedness that you are right is ego though? Especially when you are getting a battering for it and suffering the worst defeat in best part of 100 years in the commons though?

Even then when she offered talks with the other parties, they all came away sayin she still isn't listening and is just pushing on with ther plan

Sounds like Mrs Lucan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024