Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... 20:38 - Jan 31 with 7591 viewsBloots

.....I loved Ando.

That's all really.

Thanks.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 20:41 - Jan 31 with 5336 viewswkj

He seems to pop up on the radio from time to time, would be nice if he ever came back as a coach.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 20:48 - Jan 31 with 5296 viewsReuser_is_God

I didn’t really rate him but I’m very surprised how he’s fallen away since leaving us.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 20:51 - Jan 31 with 5288 viewsSteve_M

Mick not replacing him properly was part of the reason we never matched 2014-15 again.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 20:52 - Jan 31 with 5267 viewsfabian_illness

He worked his socks off for us.
The running he did was exceptional.
Very under rated..... on 20:55 - Jan 31 with 5261 viewsBloots

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 20:48 - Jan 31 by Reuser_is_God

I didn’t really rate him but I’m very surprised how he’s fallen away since leaving us.

....in my opinion.

Worked tirelessly up and down the flanks, plenty of assists, scored against them, an important part of out best team in recent years and a decent bloke.

Each to their own though.

Very under rated..... on 20:56 - Jan 31 with 5250 viewswkj

Very under rated..... on 20:55 - Jan 31 by Bloots

....in my opinion.

Worked tirelessly up and down the flanks, plenty of assists, scored against them, an important part of out best team in recent years and a decent bloke.

I doubt he is up to that now, I mean being released by Mansfield and all, but I think we should have given him at least another year, assuming we didn't try to.

Crybaby

Obviously not suggesting we..... on 20:58 - Jan 31 with 5226 viewsBloots

Very under rated..... on 20:56 - Jan 31 by wkj

I doubt he is up to that now, I mean being released by Mansfield and all, but I think we should have given him at least another year, assuming we didn't try to.

....sign him.

It just reminded me of better times.

Sigh.

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 21:10 - Jan 31 with 5169 viewsDarth_Koont

Hope he sorts out something good.

Top pro and nice guy but also the poster boy for how a team needs its foot soldiers.

I miss seeing players playing (or at least contributing) above themselves but I guess that's the nature of a team at the bottom of the table. I don't think he's the answer or helps our general play that much but credit to Sears for being one player who has at least "produced" during this period.

So far, it's only him, Downes and Chalobah who look as if 2018/19 has been a positive step in their careers. That's got to change, surely?!!

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Very under rated..... on 21:16 - Jan 31 with 5149 viewsclive_baker

....in my opinion.

I don't think anyone's doubting he was a decent bloke, I would wager he's being appraised on his footballing abilities rather than his willingness to pay for fans plastering costs. J2 seems like a decent bloke but I wouldn't want him on the wing.

Anderson worked hard and was decent on the ball but really lacked the pace to beat a man. Solid and reliable enough player though. He was utilised at right back on a number of occasions for Mansfield. I always thought he would've been better suited to that role here.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Very under rated..... on 21:37 - Jan 31 with 5083 viewsReuser_is_God

Very under rated..... on 21:16 - Jan 31 by clive_baker

I don't think anyone's doubting he was a decent bloke, I would wager he's being appraised on his footballing abilities rather than his willingness to pay for fans plastering costs. J2 seems like a decent bloke but I wouldn't want him on the wing.

Anderson worked hard and was decent on the ball but really lacked the pace to beat a man. Solid and reliable enough player though. He was utilised at right back on a number of occasions for Mansfield. I always thought he would've been better suited to that role here.

He spent half of his last game here playing RB after Berra got sent off in the play offs.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 21:39 - Jan 31 with 5076 viewsVaughan8

His goal vs Norwich will always be remembered!
Very under rated..... on 22:13 - Jan 31 with 4989 viewsRamRob

....in my opinion.

Am I right in thinking Berra and Smith scored a hatfull from his corner deliveries?

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Very under rated..... on 22:20 - Jan 31 with 4958 viewswkj

Very under rated..... on 22:13 - Jan 31 by RamRob

Am I right in thinking Berra and Smith scored a hatfull from his corner deliveries?

He did indeed deliver a very convincing corner

Crybaby

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 22:32 - Jan 31 with 4908 viewsThe_Last_Baron

He was a much better player for Town than Jay Thomas.

Not as talented but a much better team man.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 23:18 - Jan 31 with 4834 viewsjpring89

I would bite your hand off for an Ando type player in this side and even a tabby.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 23:36 - Jan 31 with 4817 viewsLeagueOne

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 20:51 - Jan 31 by Steve_M

Mick not replacing him properly was part of the reason we never matched 2014-15 again.

It was a bit strange when he didn't get another deal given how well he'd done during his two seasons here. People forget how many assist he got in 14/15. I am shocked he was only 30, seems to be a bit of a waste for him and us to have dropped him so quickly at what 24/25 years old but Bru got a contract year on year?

Ipswich is a mad, mad, club at times.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 23:37 - Jan 31 with 4815 viewswkj

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 23:36 - Jan 31 by LeagueOne

It was a bit strange when he didn't get another deal given how well he'd done during his two seasons here. People forget how many assist he got in 14/15. I am shocked he was only 30, seems to be a bit of a waste for him and us to have dropped him so quickly at what 24/25 years old but Bru got a contract year on year?

Bru was weird, sometimes he looked like the real deal, other times he looked like a fraud. Funny ol' game

Crybaby

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 23:42 - Jan 31 with 4799 viewsLeagueOne

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 23:37 - Jan 31 by wkj

Bru was weird, sometimes he looked like the real deal, other times he looked like a fraud. Funny ol' game

He was okay, not a bad squad option if you have the luxury of being able to afford to have him. I actually think our inability to retain players like that one of our biggest problems, because we let them go, bring in players who are often worse and get injured and then have to loan in replacements.

Let's not forget Evans ditched Didz, Bru and Hyam before a new manager was in place last year and thats before we sold Webster, Waghorn and Garner. We released Smith before that too. What we would do to have players like Smith and Didz at our disposal now... along with decent squad players like Hyam and Bru.. classic short sighted Evans era nonsense.

Then again this is the man who believes we're competitive.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 01:19 - Feb 1 with 4747 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Very much echo what others have said in this thread, was a very good squad player in that that season.

The game that sticks out the most in my memory isn't the play off game, but when we beat Boro at home around Christmas time. Bishop got all the plaudits that game, but I thought Anderson was man of the match. He was very unlucky not to score one of the best goals at Portman Road in recent years when he flicked it over the defenders head and narrowly shot off target.

Great pro and was definitely a better player for the squad than JET (who I liked).

Poll: Best Football Song

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 07:52 - Feb 1 with 4608 viewsjudespiveyg

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 20:51 - Jan 31 by Steve_M

Ainsley Maitland-Niles was a decent replacement given that he was better than Anderson.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 08:13 - Feb 1 with 4589 viewsSteve_M

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 07:52 - Feb 1 by judespiveyg

Ainsley Maitland-Niles was a decent replacement given that he was better than Anderson.

He wasn't though was he? Not then even if he clearly is now.

Fraser was a much better player but we lost the pressing game that Anderson, Tabb and Stephen Hunt were big parts of. Mick's biggest mistake here was to try to change the style in the Summer of 2015 rather than build on what worked so well.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 08:41 - Feb 1 with 4548 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 08:13 - Feb 1 by Steve_M

He wasn't though was he? Not then even if he clearly is now.

Fraser was a much better player but we lost the pressing game that Anderson, Tabb and Stephen Hunt were big parts of. Mick's biggest mistake here was to try to change the style in the Summer of 2015 rather than build on what worked so well.

That Summer window went really badly when you look back on it - of our big permanent arrivals Douglas was obviously a huge miss, Pitman didn’t really fit in. Fraser on loan was clearly the big success story but he was beset by injuries, and IMO our playoff hopes died when he went down against QPR

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 10:11 - Feb 1 with 4454 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 23:36 - Jan 31 by LeagueOne

Not sure how well known this is, apparently not very, but Anderson was offered a new deal but turned it down. He wasn't given game time assurance (i.e. he'd be on the bench to make way for an improved winger), but he was only happy to agree to that if he was on a higher wage, which obviously we didn't agree to.
Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 10:27 - Feb 1 with 4432 viewsSwailsey

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 10:11 - Feb 1 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Not sure how well known this is, apparently not very, but Anderson was offered a new deal but turned it down. He wasn't given game time assurance (i.e. he'd be on the bench to make way for an improved winger), but he was only happy to agree to that if he was on a higher wage, which obviously we didn't agree to.

Is that right? Not doubting you but I’m sure he mentioned on the radio that he wasn’t offered a new deal?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 10:57 - Feb 1 with 4409 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Paul Anderson is now a free agent..... on 10:27 - Feb 1 by Swailsey

Is that right? Not doubting you but I’m sure he mentioned on the radio that he wasn’t offered a new deal?

A family friend has been a season ticket holder in the Co-Op stand for over 50 years and has become acquaintances with somebody who sits in one of the directors boxes. He doesn't get a lot of information and I've not seen him lately so not sure if he still gets any at all, but I remember him telling me that the chap in the directors box had given him that information.

Of course, it may be incorrect, but Ando's not likely to admit he turned a contract down as it wasn't a big enough wage offer on radio. Just what I've been told, though I can't back the claim up further than the above.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024