Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Snow 09:16 - Feb 1 with 1501 viewsIpswich24

Can anyone explain why we hardly ever receive any significant amounts of snow here in Suffolk? Always seems to miss us or just crappy rain or sleet?

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

Snow on 09:17 - Feb 1 with 1495 viewsSitfcB

Were you not here last March??

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Snow on 09:17 - Feb 1 with 1489 viewsclive_baker

On the flip side we do seem to get heat / summer sun that is rarely enjoyed by large parts of the UK. Our own little micro climate innit.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Snow on 09:25 - Feb 1 with 1449 viewswkj

My assumption is that its related to being coastal, I always thought being coastal meant you were warmer than inland in the winter, but cooler than inland in the summer. That and for the most part our prevailing winds usually come from the west or south west, so much of the snow might have fallen before it reaches us.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Snow on 09:30 - Feb 1 with 1421 viewsKieran_Knows

I've thought that too. I'm all for snow, but if it's going to snow, then I want it to be absolutely hammer it down meaning its up to my knees. Not this pathetic sleet stuff which still seems to cause havoc!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Snow on 09:39 - Feb 1 with 1388 viewsIpswich24

Snow on 09:17 - Feb 1 by SitfcB

Were you not here last March??

I was. And it was gone in a flash and that was a one off. What I'm trying say is most other areas of country will get few inches where we here get sleety bits and pieces.

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

Snow on 09:39 - Feb 1 with 1385 viewsSouperJim

From what I recall from GCSE geography, the weather comes over from the west, over the welsh high ground, then sinks down to the lower ground in England. By the time it gets all the way over to very flat east anglia, it's pretty much all done with. Or something.

I live in a little village just outside Bury, we've had about 5-10cm of snow the last few days, but when I park my car in Bury just 10 minutes up the road, the local cars have only a light dusting while I've got a thick sheet of the stuff on my roof still. Seems weather conditions can be very localised.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Snow on 09:46 - Feb 1 with 1351 viewswkj

Snow on 09:39 - Feb 1 by SouperJim

From what I recall from GCSE geography, the weather comes over from the west, over the welsh high ground, then sinks down to the lower ground in England. By the time it gets all the way over to very flat east anglia, it's pretty much all done with. Or something.

I live in a little village just outside Bury, we've had about 5-10cm of snow the last few days, but when I park my car in Bury just 10 minutes up the road, the local cars have only a light dusting while I've got a thick sheet of the stuff on my roof still. Seems weather conditions can be very localised.

That is a part of it, as well as mentioned coastal areas having more of a moderate climate. Last year we got pelted as the wind came in from the north-east, and as such the temperature was more moderate on the southwest coast.

March last year

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Snow on 09:46 - Feb 1 with 1350 viewsSitfcB

Snow on 09:39 - Feb 1 by Ipswich24

I was. And it was gone in a flash and that was a one off. What I'm trying say is most other areas of country will get few inches where we here get sleety bits and pieces.

It lasted two weeks!

I was thinking earlier we usually get it bad but have just missed out this time.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024