Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Jeremy Hardy 09:51 - Feb 1 with 6404 viewsBrixtonBlue

Very funny guy. Met him in a pub once and a very sweet guy as well. Another victim to cancer and only 57.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 09:55 - Feb 1 with 5457 viewsGuthrum

Gosh, that is sad. Have enjoyed his participation in Radio 4 comedy panel shows driving home at 6.30.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 09:56 - Feb 1 with 5440 viewsDarth_Koont

That's sad news. I was just wondering the other day why him and his fantastic rants were missing from the News Quiz.

Pronouns: He/Him

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 10:01 - Feb 1 with 5435 viewschicoazul

I had the pleasure of meeting Jeremy Hardy at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and very funny!
[Post edited 1 Feb 2019 10:03]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 10:02 - Feb 1 with 5420 viewsBinner

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 09:56 - Feb 1 by Darth_Koont

That's sad news. I was just wondering the other day why him and his fantastic rants were missing from the News Quiz.

Me too

Shocked and sad.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 10:14 - Feb 1 with 5381 viewsreusersfreekicks

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 09:55 - Feb 1 by Guthrum

Gosh, that is sad. Have enjoyed his participation in Radio 4 comedy panel shows driving home at 6.30.

Yes sad news indeed. Thought he was brilliant on Radio 4 and saw him live once. Very nice tribute from Richard Osman:
I was very lucky to work with Jeremy Hardy early in my career. Every day was a masterclass, a privilege. He was so naturally and brilliantly funny, and a man who chose to use his comedy to change the world, rather than to fill stadia. A very sad day. #RIPJeremy
RIP Jeremy Hardy on 10:47 - Feb 1 with 5314 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

RIP

Used to like listening to him attempting to sing on I'm sorry I haven't a clue.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 11:11 - Feb 1 with 5280 viewsSailorBlue

Underrated talent, heard him at a recording of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue at Ipswich Regent about 10-15 years ago. Roasted a couple of late comers, all the "panel" had been introduced and in their seats ready to start, then a couple come in late set in front row:

JH: You...where'd you come from?
Audience: Martlesham
JH: Is that far away?
Audience: Nah just down the road
JH: Well how come I came from Streatham and managed to f****** get here on time!
RIP Jeremy Hardy on 12:13 - Feb 1 with 5208 viewshampstead_blue

Every time he was on R4 it was just left wing tory bashing. Lost his edge I'm afraid.
Obviously sad to lose a father, husband, son, at such a young age.

His work won't be missed by myself.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 12:15 - Feb 1 with 5195 viewsDarth_Koont

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 12:13 - Feb 1 by hampstead_blue

Every time he was on R4 it was just left wing tory bashing. Lost his edge I'm afraid.

He's no Jim Davidson, I'll give you that.

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 14:41 - Feb 1 with 5101 viewsnoggin

You mean a libtard bum fest?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 14:47 - Feb 1 with 5086 viewsSpruceMoose

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 12:15 - Feb 1 by Darth_Koont

He's no Jim Davidson, I'll give you that.

He certainly upset all the right people, and that's a decent legacy to leave behind.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 15:07 - Feb 1 with 5055 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 15:14 - Feb 1 with 5029 viewsDarth_Koont

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 15:07 - Feb 1 by Swansea_Blue

Fantastic stuff!

I've never liked that song until now.

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 17:40 - Feb 1 with 4930 viewslowhouseblue

that's incredibly sad.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 17:46 - Feb 1 with 4918 viewssparks

Sorry to be a pedant, but its a real pet peeve of mine. The word "me" is appropriate there, not "myself".

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 18:22 - Feb 1 with 4881 viewsTrequartista

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 10:01 - Feb 1 by chicoazul

I had the pleasure of meeting Jeremy Hardy at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and very funny!
[Post edited 1 Feb 2019 10:03]

Limmy guess where you stole that from.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 18:35 - Feb 1 with 4864 viewsRyorry

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 17:46 - Feb 1 by sparks

Sorry to be a pedant, but its a real pet peeve of mine. The word "me" is appropriate there, not "myself".

Don't think this is really the thread for grammar tbh Sparks.

Lovely tribute to him on R4 news just now - his compassion evidenced by his inclusion of an appeal for Syrian refugees on the message he sent round to friends letting them know he had a brain tumour which would be terminal.

Also, though very political in nature, he always tried to elicit from people with opposing views what had made them hold the opinions they did, instead of forcing his own upon them. I think we can all learn a lesson from that!

R.I.P.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 18:35 - Feb 1 with 4864 viewsjaykay

i expect it grind your gears he was a good friends with j.c.
jim davidson more your cup of tea

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Hmm on 20:07 - Feb 1 with 4813 viewssparks

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 18:35 - Feb 1 by jaykay

i expect it grind your gears he was a good friends with j.c.
jim davidson more your cup of tea

I think thats rather silly. He was very stridently political on the News Quiz and presumably elsewhere. It was a fair comment- I found it too persistent and predictable. He did some funny stuff, but finding him ott on the endless anti tory stuff does not mean someone is a Trump supporting bigot.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Hmm on 20:10 - Feb 1 with 4805 viewsDarth_Koont

Hmm on 20:07 - Feb 1 by sparks

I think thats rather silly. He was very stridently political on the News Quiz and presumably elsewhere. It was a fair comment- I found it too persistent and predictable. He did some funny stuff, but finding him ott on the endless anti tory stuff does not mean someone is a Trump supporting bigot.

He annoyed people by being right. Unfortunately, too many people are too caught up in the whole myth of neo-liberal thinking.

RIP Jeremy Hardy on 21:34 - Feb 1 with 4724 viewssyntaxerror

Did you really need to post that?
If you didn't like his work, then surely just not posting would be better.

I suggest you take some empathy classes.
Hmm on 22:46 - Feb 1 with 4667 viewsjaykay

Hmm on 20:07 - Feb 1 by sparks

i presume you must be right . then again if jim davidson was the posters ,who i was replying to, cup of tea, it dont make him a trump supporting bigot.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2019 23:26]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Hmm on 22:57 - Feb 1 with 4648 viewslowhouseblue

Hmm on 20:10 - Feb 1 by Darth_Koont

He annoyed people by being right. Unfortunately, too many people are too caught up in the whole myth of neo-liberal thinking.

really? he was very funny. he was a decent man. it's crushingly sad. don't just force his death into your political world view.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Hmm on 00:02 - Feb 2 with 4596 viewsDarth_Koont

Hmm on 22:57 - Feb 1 by lowhouseblue

really? he was very funny. he was a decent man. it's crushingly sad. don't just force his death into your political world view.

It's what he would have wanted.

Maybe you should just jog on.

Hmm on 00:38 - Feb 2 with 4559 viewsSpruceMoose

Hmm on 00:02 - Feb 2 by Darth_Koont

It's what he would have wanted.

Maybe you should just jog on.

I mean, he did seem to delight in infuriating anyone right of centre, so I make you right.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024