Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness 08:23 - Feb 2 with 1760 viewsmuccletonjoe

This is a regular quote from most Paul Lambert pressers of late , usually referring to Bishop. He HAS been out for a long while, but he has been back in full training for 2 months , has looked sharp in his sporadic appearances for the first team and scored a hat -trick for the U23s in midweek.
So the question I am asking the messiah is how much longer are we going to wheel out spiel that he has been out for a long time and continue to play loan players to make it even longer????
It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 08:46 - Feb 2 with 1689 viewswkj

I should imagine the answer as long as it takes for the club to feel Bishop's fitness isn't at risk, you know, the thing Hurst should have done with Walters but didn't and ended up doing him in for the season.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 08:50 - Feb 2 with 1676 viewsHerbivore

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 08:46 - Feb 2 by wkj

I should imagine the answer as long as it takes for the club to feel Bishop's fitness isn't at risk, you know, the thing Hurst should have done with Walters but didn't and ended up doing him in for the season.

Quite. I'm interested to hear what this chap's credentials are that make him think he has a better idea of Teddy's match fitness than the staff at the club. I imagine they must be pretty impressive for him to confidently make such a call.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 08:51 - Feb 2 with 1665 viewstextbackup

On injuries.... Huws, wonder what the excuse is now

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 09:02 - Feb 2 with 1638 viewsmuccletonjoe

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 08:50 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

Quite. I'm interested to hear what this chap's credentials are that make him think he has a better idea of Teddy's match fitness than the staff at the club. I imagine they must be pretty impressive for him to confidently make such a call.

Absolute claptrap. You can get injured at anytime in any game. Providing you are training with no problems for 10 weeks , you need games to bring the sharpness back. But if you take that theory to a conclusion , then you continue loaning players so our own don't get injured ?!!?
It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 09:03 - Feb 2 with 1627 viewsHerbivore

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 09:02 - Feb 2 by muccletonjoe

Absolute claptrap. You can get injured at anytime in any game. Providing you are training with no problems for 10 weeks , you need games to bring the sharpness back. But if you take that theory to a conclusion , then you continue loaning players so our own don't get injured ?!!?

What are your credentials mate?

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 09:05 - Feb 2 with 1625 viewsartsbossbeard

Has Bishop taken over from Dozzell as the player we've got to somehow shoehorn into the team now?

Saw enough in the second half last week to think that Judge, Shalamar, Skuse and Downes have got enough about them to get us 3 points today even though I'm not expecting much more than a 1-0 win and a backs to the wall last 20 minutes when they send on Little John.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 09:40 - Feb 2 with 1543 viewsmuccletonjoe

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 09:03 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

What credentials can you possibly have that will prevent players getting injured. It happens every week.
It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 09:41 - Feb 2 with 1543 viewsbilllm

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 09:05 - Feb 2 by artsbossbeard

Has Bishop taken over from Dozzell as the player we've got to somehow shoehorn into the team now?

Saw enough in the second half last week to think that Judge, Shalamar, Skuse and Downes have got enough about them to get us 3 points today even though I'm not expecting much more than a 1-0 win and a backs to the wall last 20 minutes when they send on Little John.

Positive, in normal circumstances I think we have a more flair three than those in the middle, but now isn't the time for flair, more grind until we can unleash,
Login to get fewer ads

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 09:46 - Feb 2 with 1525 viewsHerbivore

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 09:40 - Feb 2 by muccletonjoe

What credentials can you possibly have that will prevent players getting injured. It happens every week.

I'm asking what credentials you have that make you think you're better placed to make a judgement about Bishop's match fitness than the staff at the club. I'm just curious as you seem quite forthright about it.

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 10:00 - Feb 2 with 1475 viewsmuccletonjoe

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 09:46 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

I'm asking what credentials you have that make you think you're better placed to make a judgement about Bishop's match fitness than the staff at the club. I'm just curious as you seem quite forthright about it.

As he has already played first team football, I don't think you or they need worry about it
It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 10:06 - Feb 2 with 1463 viewsHerbivore

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 10:00 - Feb 2 by muccletonjoe

As he has already played first team football, I don't think you or they need worry about it

So I'm guessing you don't have any specific credentials that make you more expert than the staff at ITFC on Bishop's readiness to start a Championship game. You could have just said that when I asked the first time.

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 10:43 - Feb 2 with 1419 viewsbraveblue

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 09:03 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

Why do you need credentials to have an opinion. Training for 10 weeks usually means fit. If you have to be match fit to
pkay that is an impossibility. Also, the new signings gave no recent match fitness between them.
It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 10:50 - Feb 2 with 1398 viewsHerbivore

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 10:43 - Feb 2 by braveblue

Why do you need credentials to have an opinion. Training for 10 weeks usually means fit. If you have to be match fit to
pkay that is an impossibility. Also, the new signings gave no recent match fitness between them.

None of the new signings are coming straight from a year on the treatment table though and they don't have a history of breaking down every time they come back like Teddy does. I expect we'll see him playing soon, when he's ready.

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 11:20 - Feb 2 with 1364 viewsSteve_M

Given Bishop looked sharp last year and then suffered a further injury which kept him out for a year do you not think it might be prudent not to rush him at this stage?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 11:38 - Feb 2 with 1343 viewsMullet

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 09:05 - Feb 2 by artsbossbeard

I think if we are playing 4-2-3-1 that 10 role when Judge gets leggy is ideal for Bishop. He didn't do much at Blackburn, he did have a clear goal disallowed by a missed handball though. But between that and Accrington you saw that if he gets a chance to have a pop on goal or put someone through he will.

That could make or break a game. However, it's an ask to build teams around that sort of impact sub.

For me, Teddy is probably 5th or 6th choice for midfield at the moment. He needs a break somewhere to force Lambert's hand. Downes and Chalobah are wavy, but with Skuse behind them effective. Really we need Bishop to do what we wanted from Nolan and show he can play without supervision and lead the team a bit more.

Hopefully that's not beyond him at all.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

It takes time after a long injury to get back to match fitness on 11:50 - Feb 2 with 1307 viewsMrTown

I mean tbf, in times gone by, we have never really eased a player back in from an injury as well as we have done with Bishop, and in times gone by people have just been having reoccurrence of injuries, so fair play to Lambert, he’s doing the right thing by taking his time.

Although we all want to see Bish playing in the first team again regularly.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024