Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes.. 11:20 - Feb 2 with 1931 viewsSwailsey

Surprised more hasn’t been made of his story yesterday.

I think it’s great that he’s alluded to struggling with the mental side of things.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Downes.. on 11:25 - Feb 2 with 1881 viewswkj

For once the news comments section was mostly civil about it and even highlighted griping at Mick at the time was wrong. I think it is a fantastic example of Mick maybe being more in tune with youth than we thought- though it is not at all secret knowledge that he put people first so long as they didn't take the piss, you can't help but think Hurst was a bit Keane like in that regard - putting his own agenda first.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Downes.. on 11:28 - Feb 2 with 1865 viewsParisBlue

Yep. He's still young (just turned 20) but over the last 12 months has visibly matured. I recall the game at Cardiff last year where he looked a boy and well out of his depth. The loan move, playing more regularly and in a winning team did him good.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Downes.. on 11:29 - Feb 2 with 1853 viewswkj

Downes.. on 11:28 - Feb 2 by ParisBlue

Yep. He's still young (just turned 20) but over the last 12 months has visibly matured. I recall the game at Cardiff last year where he looked a boy and well out of his depth. The loan move, playing more regularly and in a winning team did him good.

I was hoping Doz could do the same, but as discussed on here previously the physicality might best suit him abroad

Crybaby

Downes.. on 11:31 - Feb 2 with 1844 viewsMullet

Downes.. on 11:25 - Feb 2 by wkj

For once the news comments section was mostly civil about it and even highlighted griping at Mick at the time was wrong. I think it is a fantastic example of Mick maybe being more in tune with youth than we thought- though it is not at all secret knowledge that he put people first so long as they didn't take the piss, you can't help but think Hurst was a bit Keane like in that regard - putting his own agenda first.

The stuff about Mick and the youth was a classic case of myth becoming fact to suit agendas. Same as Hurst as his "sports science" which turned out to be making the players run laps and photographing them in their pants after.

I like that football seems to be catching up with society in certain aspects though. A player talking about his mental health even if cursory terms, would have been lambasted not that long ago is my guess.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Downes.. on 11:32 - Feb 2 with 1841 viewsParisBlue

Downes.. on 11:25 - Feb 2 by wkj

I don't think anyone can question Micks man management and the mutual respect between Mick and his players.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Downes.. on 11:34 - Feb 2 with 1825 viewsSomethingBlue

Yep, fair play to him.

Also shows that people might sometimes ask whether or not they know the full story before sounding off about things they don't understand.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Downes.. on 11:35 - Feb 2 with 1810 viewswkj

Downes.. on 11:31 - Feb 2 by Mullet

The stuff about Mick and the youth was a classic case of myth becoming fact to suit agendas. Same as Hurst as his "sports science" which turned out to be making the players run laps and photographing them in their pants after.

I like that football seems to be catching up with society in certain aspects though. A player talking about his mental health even if cursory terms, would have been lambasted not that long ago is my guess.

Indeed, I hope Downes and others inspire their peers to constructively address issues like this, rather than taking to twitter or huffing laughing gas for bants. Intelligent player off the field it seems like, and maybe a future captain with that level of composure.

Crybaby

Downes.. on 11:54 - Feb 2 with 1734 viewsGuthrum

How it was dealt with obviously worked. He's been exceptional so far this season, best of our young players at the moment.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Downes.. on 12:02 - Feb 2 with 1693 viewstextbackup

I’d heard the word ‘bullying’ chucked in there too.
That gentleman is no longer here so no surprise he’s perked up

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Downes.. on 13:16 - Feb 2 with 1459 viewsstrikalite

Downes.. on 11:29 - Feb 2 by wkj

I was hoping Doz could do the same, but as discussed on here previously the physicality might best suit him abroad

Agree, think it would be the making of him if he went abroad somewhere for a season..
Downes.. on 13:58 - Feb 2 with 1336 viewschicoazul

I'm not surprised, at all. He said he was finding things tough, Mick noticed, and sent him out on loan. So what's the big deal?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 15:23 - Feb 2 with 1184 views_

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024