Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Putting ourselves under pressure 17:45 - Feb 2 with 820 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Nsiala looked nervous today but FFS, Skuse did not help the guy. The guy is a total fraud. His first thought is to go backwards or sideways or hospital passes to marked team mates. How the hell he was made Captain or even in the team is staggering. In a game where we needed to attack, he slows the game down, offers zero creativity or goal threat and his mythical screening and tackling talent is wearing thin. He has been pretty much an ever present under three managers and look where we are, funny how no one ever wants to sign him. Taking Bishop off (if he was injured) was insanity taking our main creative player off and replacing him with another defensive midfielder made zero sense. Truth is a very average Wednessday could have scored 5/6 goals today, mainly due to our back passing and shoddy play at the back. I haven't criticised for Lambert up until now but his tactics and sub were wrong today Time to build for League One and start by leaving out the mythical, midfield 'General', that is Skuse.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Putting ourselves under pressure on 17:49 - Feb 2 with 788 viewspointofblue

Except our midfield is an even bigger mess when Skuse isn't there; Skuse isn't the issue IMO, it's the lack of balance and creativity around him. I did think the same when Chalobah came on for Bishop but we looked more of a threat (if we can call it a 'threat') after that substitution oddly.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

on 17:50 - Feb 2 with 762 views_

Putting ourselves under pressure on 17:52 - Feb 2 with 752 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Putting ourselves under pressure on 17:49 - Feb 2 by pointofblue

Except our midfield is an even bigger mess when Skuse isn't there; Skuse isn't the issue IMO, it's the lack of balance and creativity around him. I did think the same when Chalobah came on for Bishop but we looked more of a threat (if we can call it a 'threat') after that substitution oddly.

Respect your view but disagree. We have to look forward and build for the future and by keeping Skuse in is a retrograde move. Judge can be the experience in the park and Downes is capable of becoming the holding midfielder.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Putting ourselves under pressure on 17:55 - Feb 2 with 724 viewsRegencyBlue

Really!

And what was your opinion of Downes today who I thought was absolutely atrocious?
Putting ourselves under pressure on 17:56 - Feb 2 with 712 viewspointofblue

Putting ourselves under pressure on 17:52 - Feb 2 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Respect your view but disagree. We have to look forward and build for the future and by keeping Skuse in is a retrograde move. Judge can be the experience in the park and Downes is capable of becoming the holding midfielder.

Downes was pretty poor today; he's had better matches but was up against a very experienced Sheffield Wednesday midfield. It would be interesting to see Judge take his position at home (Skuse - Bishop - Judge midfield) but outside of Skuse we really struggle to win the ball back in the centre of the pitch and that's our problem at the moment; we can't create if we don't have possession. But I personally wouldn't blame Skuse for that as I think the issue is more wide-ranging than that.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Putting ourselves under pressure on 17:59 - Feb 2 with 690 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Putting ourselves under pressure on 17:55 - Feb 2 by RegencyBlue

Really!

And what was your opinion of Downes today who I thought was absolutely atrocious?

Poor, but as senior player (Undroppable) and as Captain, Skuse should be providing leadership and leading by example for the youngsters like Downes, not playing every ball backwards or dishing out 3 yard hospital passes to marked team mates.

Putting ourselves under pressure on 18:03 - Feb 2 with 655 viewsreusersfreekicks

Putting ourselves under pressure on 17:59 - Feb 2 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Poor, but as senior player (Undroppable) and as Captain, Skuse should be providing leadership and leading by example for the youngsters like Downes, not playing every ball backwards or dishing out 3 yard hospital passes to marked team mates.

So it's Skuse's fault Downes played poorly. Right gotcha
Putting ourselves under pressure on 18:06 - Feb 2 with 640 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Putting ourselves under pressure on 18:03 - Feb 2 by reusersfreekicks

So it's Skuse's fault Downes played poorly. Right gotcha

Downes is starting out. He did have a poor game today as did several. Skuse has been undroppable in a declining team for at least two years.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024