Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plan B 19:41 - Feb 2 with 6709 viewsKeaneish

Where is it? We rightly pelted Mick for not having back up plans during games but today was ridiculous. The first time under PL I left the ground in a rage and still haven't calmed down despite a 2.5 hour drive home. He said he plays to win games yet with four strikers in the match day squad we persist with one up front when the system clearly needed changing.

I can accept that system against sides with strong midfields but Wednesday are a week side. We don't do anywhere near enough to hurt teams and we've persisted with one up front all season. Why?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Plan B on 19:41 - Feb 2 with 5162 viewsBluefish

Rightly pelted Mick? That is funny

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Plan B on 19:47 - Feb 2 with 5118 viewsmarkand1986

Judge signed as a number ten. Plays on the wing. Never looked like scoring today. Yes they scored late but how many clear chances did they miss? Lambert sticks to a formation that isn’t working. That’s poor management.
Plan B on 19:50 - Feb 2 with 5104 viewsKeaneish

Plan B on 19:47 - Feb 2 by markand1986

Judge signed as a number ten. Plays on the wing. Never looked like scoring today. Yes they scored late but how many clear chances did they miss? Lambert sticks to a formation that isn’t working. That’s poor management.

Completey agree. First marks against PL after that today. If we play with a target man, bishop and downed have to be busting a gut to support or get beyond. Judge and Sears have to be tighter to get the knock downs or feed off him. We haven't improved in this area. It's time to go back to basics.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Plan B on 19:52 - Feb 2 with 5087 viewsMullet

Mick the most effective in game manager under Evans you mean?

The bloke who switched to 3-5-2 and certain fans took the credit for?

That Mick?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Plan B on 19:56 - Feb 2 with 5068 viewsPagan_Blue

Plan B on 19:47 - Feb 2 by markand1986

Week in, week out, opposing teams are missing chance after chance against us - it could easily have been 5 or 6 today, same with Villa last week. My big fear is that sooner or later, our luck will run out and we will take a right hammering. I just hope it's not next Sunday.
Plan B on 19:57 - Feb 2 with 5055 viewsjudespiveyg

Plan B on 19:52 - Feb 2 by Mullet

That Mick?

That 3-5-2 was a flat back 5 and the midfield was Skuse, Hyam and Gleeson. Cracking stuff.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Plan B on 19:59 - Feb 2 with 5028 viewsBluefish

Plan B on 19:52 - Feb 2 by Mullet

That Mick?

All of those that abused Mick have the blood of itfc on their hands

Plan B on 20:00 - Feb 2 with 5025 viewsMullet

Plan B on 19:57 - Feb 2 by judespiveyg

That 3-5-2 was a flat back 5 and the midfield was Skuse, Hyam and Gleeson. Cracking stuff.

Gleeson wasn't here that season.

Skuse was missing for the game at Villa where he started it and Hyam was long term injured and nowhere near the squad. So apart from that, top facts there.

Login to get fewer ads

Plan B on 20:06 - Feb 2 with 4990 viewstextbackup

Plan B on 19:59 - Feb 2 by Bluefish

right back at those that didnt call for change earlier and sat around happy watching terrible game after terrible game.
had he gone quicker a new man could have come in, sorted out a few contracts, kept a solid championship team

clubs a mess.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Plan B on 20:08 - Feb 2 with 4971 viewsBluefish

Plan B on 20:06 - Feb 2 by textbackup

right back at those that didnt call for change earlier and sat around happy watching terrible game after terrible game.
had he gone quicker a new man could have come in, sorted out a few contracts, kept a solid championship team

clubs a mess.

That would almost work except the 2 managers before had us bottom

Plan B on 20:09 - Feb 2 with 4963 viewstextbackup

Plan B on 20:08 - Feb 2 by Bluefish

That would almost work except the 2 managers before had us bottom

they the only other managers out there?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Plan B on 20:10 - Feb 2 with 4959 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Plan B on 19:59 - Feb 2 by Bluefish

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are entertaining !

Abused poor mick, eh? But he himself was fine to make countless digs at us wasn't he?
Plan B on 20:11 - Feb 2 with 4943 viewsBLUEBEAT

Must be on about Plan F by now...?

Poll: W or W

Plan B on 20:11 - Feb 2 with 4935 viewsDarkHorse

Tbf we did end the game with 2 strikers
Plan B on 20:12 - Feb 2 with 4924 viewsjudespiveyg

Plan B on 20:10 - Feb 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are entertaining !

Abused poor mick, eh? But he himself was fine to make countless digs at us wasn't he?

For a supposedly thick-skinned Yorkshireman he did seem awfully sensitive to criticism.

Plan B on 20:15 - Feb 2 with 4895 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Plan B on 20:12 - Feb 2 by judespiveyg

For a supposedly thick-skinned Yorkshireman he did seem awfully sensitive to criticism.

He hated anyone questioning his decisions. Really sick self-obsessed type.

Little wonder that he and Keane fell out during WC 2002. Two sick characters.
Plan B on 20:18 - Feb 2 with 4871 viewsMullet

Plan B on 20:12 - Feb 2 by judespiveyg

Whereas you boys all come across as elephantine in comparison.

Imagine constantly abusing a bloke from the safety of a crowd and then crying about it months and probably years later. All whilst claiming he started it and is thin-skinned.

Getting rid of Mick has been the unmitigated disaster people said it would be.

Plan B on 20:29 - Feb 2 with 4846 viewsjudespiveyg

Plan B on 20:18 - Feb 2 by Mullet

Imagine constantly abusing a bloke from the safety of a crowd and then crying about it months and probably years later. All whilst claiming he started it and is thin-skinned.

Well I wouldn't say I abused him with the protection of the crowd as I never abused him. Put it this way, I'm still a kid so I've only seen managers from Keane onwards, so he is the best Ipswich manager I've seen, but I started looking forward to games less than I did under Jewell.

Plan B on 20:31 - Feb 2 with 4820 viewsMullet

Plan B on 20:29 - Feb 2 by judespiveyg

Well I wouldn't say I abused him with the protection of the crowd as I never abused him. Put it this way, I'm still a kid so I've only seen managers from Keane onwards, so he is the best Ipswich manager I've seen, but I started looking forward to games less than I did under Jewell.

Then your position makes less sense than your first post about his line ups above.

Plan B on 20:40 - Feb 2 with 4764 viewsRyorry

Plan B on 20:18 - Feb 2 by Mullet

As has beeen said on here dozens, if not hundreds of times, it wasn't the "getting rid of Mick" that was an unmitigated disaster - even he himself recognised that he had to go, it was time for him to - it was Evans' choice of the next manager that caused that.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Plan B on 20:43 - Feb 2 with 4745 viewsMullet

Plan B on 20:40 - Feb 2 by Ryorry

As has beeen said on here dozens, if not hundreds of times, it wasn't the "getting rid of Mick" that was an unmitigated disaster - even he himself recognised that he had to go, it was time for him to - it was Evans' choice of the next manager that caused that.

Saying it a dozen times doesn't make it true, nor even a hundred, dozen times.

It's quite clear the club was not set up for Hurst, Mick was left in situ and nothing was done to transition from one to the other. Had Evans backed his man or backed his vision sooner instead of dallying yet again this would never have happened.

Plan B on 20:46 - Feb 2 with 4717 viewsartsbossbeard

What a plum.

You were telling us that we should stick with Hurst as the seeds of improvement were there "for all to see".

I'm cringing for you, mate.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Plan B on 20:50 - Feb 2 with 4698 viewsRyorry

Plan B on 20:43 - Feb 2 by Mullet

Saying it a dozen times doesn't make it true, nor even a hundred, dozen times.

It's quite clear the club was not set up for Hurst, Mick was left in situ and nothing was done to transition from one to the other. Had Evans backed his man or backed his vision sooner instead of dallying yet again this would never have happened.

"Mick was left in situ and nothing was done to transition from one to the other. Had Evans backed his man or backed his vision sooner instead of dallying yet again this would never have happened"

I'd agree with that (as likely, rather than guaranteed), but we'll have to agree to disagree re MM's time being up in terms of his relationship with fans, style of play which was boring people -> falling attendances etc.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Plan B on 20:53 - Feb 2 with 4689 viewsMullet

Plan B on 20:50 - Feb 2 by Ryorry

"Mick was left in situ and nothing was done to transition from one to the other. Had Evans backed his man or backed his vision sooner instead of dallying yet again this would never have happened"

I'd agree with that (as likely, rather than guaranteed), but we'll have to agree to disagree re MM's time being up in terms of his relationship with fans, style of play which was boring people -> falling attendances etc.

That's just putting words in my mouth. I said none of that.

But Evans should either have backed him and put those fans back in the box, or sacked him earlier. Especially once these paper thin little cherubs wouldn't let it rest when they knew he was going.

To put all that on Mick is as dishonest as you attributing all that to me previously.

Plan B on 20:55 - Feb 2 with 4665 viewsTrequartista

Plan B on 20:46 - Feb 2 by artsbossbeard

What a plum.

You were telling us that we should stick with Hurst as the seeds of improvement were there "for all to see".

I'm cringing for you, mate.

Maybe we should have done. With no improvement whatsoever, we'd now have more points.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024