Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think that's probably it 21:55 - Feb 2 with 955 viewsSomethingBlue

I won't totally give up hope, and football has a habit of doing very weird things on days like next Sunday, but today felt like a must-win against a mediocre mid-table side and we never really looked up to it. Didn't help to lose both first-choice centre-backs and I felt our midfield were quite conservative as a consequence, but we are a rag-tag team that has been put together to try and make something happen and the connections simply aren't there yet. They hopefully will be next season but I think soon enough that'll be our main focus.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I think that's probably it on 22:03 - Feb 2 with 900 viewsHorseboy

16 games left, 8 points a drift, that's 0.5 points per game just to catch up, don't want to give up or feel that way, but hard not to accept it's our turn for the trap door .
I think that's probably it on 22:03 - Feb 2 with 895 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. If we don't get the boost from an unlikely derby win then we should start looking ahead to League One.

While the gap to safety isn't insurmountable, it seems to me we've been doing worse as we try to compete. Shortly it'll be time to give up and start building a team for next year — and that might even let us play with some freedom and pick up points this season.

Pronouns: He/Him

I think that's probably it on 22:07 - Feb 2 with 870 viewsSomethingBlue

I think that's probably it on 22:03 - Feb 2 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. If we don't get the boost from an unlikely derby win then we should start looking ahead to League One.

While the gap to safety isn't insurmountable, it seems to me we've been doing worse as we try to compete. Shortly it'll be time to give up and start building a team for next year — and that might even let us play with some freedom and pick up points this season.

Bets are off next weekend, I really think that, but we do need something spectacular there to give us any sort of spark.

More realistically I think we are done. It's fairly clear to me that we are playing a style some of the existing players aren't hugely comfortable with, and that put us under quite a lot of pressure today, but now that we are here I hope Lambert sticks with it. In a small way there are parallels with Norwich, whose fans wondered what the hell they were doing a year ago but held their nerve, believed in what the coaches were doing and will now probably go up.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 22:09]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I think that's probably it on 22:18 - Feb 2 with 802 viewsHARRY10

If we had looked like winning then it would come good. But yet again today we didn't. We couldn't even hold out for a point to keep the distance behind Reading Rotherham and Millwall the same.

In fact if we are to stay up then today was a game we should be expecting to win. We've seven out of the top eight still to play.

If we don't get anything out of any of those games we will need to win 8 of the remaining 9 games just to hit 42 points. That we are failing to pick up points suggests we don't have the spirit or ability to do so.
I think that's probably it on 22:30 - Feb 2 with 745 viewsRyorry

I think that's probably it on 22:03 - Feb 2 by Darth_Koont

Is my thinking too. Whilst catch-up has been even a remote possibility, I imagine the pressure & stress on the players must have been incredibly damaging & constricting.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024