Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
this season has been exhausting, hasn't it? 04:26 - Feb 3 with 1383 viewsIllinoisblue

frustration and disappointment every week. Not as if we're getting bashed by 3 or 4 goals every week, but we're simply not good enough; weakness in every part of the squad. Poor goalkeeping from both of them, clumsy error-prone injury-hit defence, stunning lack of creativity in midfield and a giant void in attack, no matter who's playing up there. Anyone still clinging to hope of us staying up is delusional. We are down. In my lifetime I've never seen a Town side so inept, so incapable of putting the opposition under any kind of sustained pressure, so unable to create chances. What did we have today. Judge in space on 75 who should have done better, and Chalobah's header near the end. That was the sum total of our threat. At home against a not very good Sheff Weds side.

Blame Evans, blame Hurst and, yes, blame Lambert too a little bit. But here we are going into an East Anglian derby, top v bottom, 39 points adrift. A shameful situation to be in.

The scary thought is we may not have reached rock bottom yet. It's not hard to imagine a year from now us toiling away in midtable of League 1, average crowds down to 9k, prospects like Lankester having been sold, Huws still "close" to returning from injury while Evans still checks in occasionally from fantasy land claiming we're competitive.

what a fooking shambles of a club we have become. Drifting into oblivion.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

this season has been exhausting, hasn't it? on 04:33 - Feb 3 with 1354 viewsBenters2

It’s very depressing.

I know it’s mathematically possible we could stay up,sadly we are down.

Blame the fans for booing Mick.

Blame Hurst for selling our besties and not buying like for like.

Evans does a interview so don’t blame him he speaks well and is great.

Down we go.
this season has been exhausting, hasn't it? on 05:02 - Feb 3 with 1338 viewschristiand

Erm...... Mind the gap?! Couldnt resist, but agree completely.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

this season has been exhausting, hasn't it? on 05:07 - Feb 3 with 1325 viewsIllinoisblue

this season has been exhausting, hasn't it? on 05:02 - Feb 3 by christiand

#mindthechasm next Sunday could be the exclamation point on this most awful season.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

this season has been exhausting, hasn't it? on 07:23 - Feb 3 with 1248 viewsBenters2

this season has been exhausting, hasn't it? on 05:02 - Feb 3 by christiand

As gaps go ours to Norwich is like the Grand Canyon!

They will go up no problem with that,sadly we will go down.

At the moment we are a fkn embarrassment!
this season has been exhausting, hasn't it? on 08:09 - Feb 3 with 1191 viewsKieran_Knows

I’m with you illy. Scarily, I don’t even think we’ve hit rock bottom yet either. Not really sure how much worse it can get, but I genuinely do believe this is going to get a hell of a lot more worse before it ever gets any better.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

this season has been exhausting, hasn't it? on 09:13 - Feb 3 with 1094 viewsRegencyBlue

Can’t disagree with any of that.

The difference between us and Norwich, and it grates to say it, is the difference between an owner who is a fan and has the best interests of her club at heart and what we have, a wide boy chancer who thought he saw an opportunity to make a few quid!

Unfortunately I fear we have not reached rock bottom under Evans even now.
this season has been exhausting, hasn't it? on 09:29 - Feb 3 with 1042 viewsFtnfwest

All correct and can’t argue except the attendances. I think we’ll do better than that, and let’s face it they were down to £9k at the end under mick already.
this season has been exhausting, hasn't it? on 09:47 - Feb 3 with 1005 viewsPecker

I've never seen us in the third tier, which I always found comforting, but that is where we are going and it frightens me as a supporter of this club. It will not be easy to come back up, extremely difficult in fact . I see many seasons of third tier football ahead and it isn't exciting me one bit. Of course I shall still go most weeks, but am not looking forward to it. Very, very sad times.
Login to get fewer ads

this season has been exhausting, hasn't it? on 09:56 - Feb 3 with 972 viewsLeagueOne

Agreed.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024