Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? 09:34 - Feb 3 with 4394 viewsblaggers

10 years of Marcus Evans, which started not long after a relegation and administration and is now going to be punctuated by another relegation. Some would say it’s been a long time coming, but I was trying to remember a highlight, you know, something you could tell your grandchildren about. The Arsenal LC semi? Is that it? The playoff game vs Nodge? Tell me there’s more?

Poll: What happens next?

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 09:38 - Feb 3 with 3761 viewsTractorWood

Losing to our arch rivals in a playoff semi is not a highlight.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 09:40 - Feb 3 with 3749 viewsPecker

I will have a think about it and get back to you. It may take a while.
What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 09:42 - Feb 3 with 3733 viewsLeagueOne

Careful, you'll upset people on here.

Well we've not beaten Norwich for ten years, we scraped the Playoffs once by a point because Derby lost and we managed to get to League Cup semi final by playing weak sides early on. Other than that we've not won a FA cup game in ten years, we lost 7-0 against Chelsea, he's not had a single manager not in a relegation battle and he thinks that's competitive.

It's clear to me that the blood is on Marcus Evans hands, and although he's popular on here, the results do not lie, we're now a third division club.

I am genuinely surprised at how passive our support is about him, he's a incompetent tool.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 9:43]

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 09:48 - Feb 3 with 3703 viewsSwansea_Blue

Apparently a highlight is Marcus covering the losses (incurred through his practices of running the club).

I know. I didn't realise we had so many accountants following us either

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 09:49 - Feb 3 with 3698 viewshowdonblue

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 09:40 - Feb 3 by Pecker

I will have a think about it and get back to you. It may take a while.

No need to think about it!
The highlight hasn’t happened yet

It’ll be the day he sells The club
What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 09:51 - Feb 3 with 3696 viewsSitfcB

Appointing Mick McCarthy.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 09:52 - Feb 3 with 3682 viewsLeagueOne

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 09:48 - Feb 3 by Swansea_Blue

Apparently a highlight is Marcus covering the losses (incurred through his practices of running the club).

They say that the true meaning of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Evans calls that competitive.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 09:58 - Feb 3 with 3665 viewsernie

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 09:48 - Feb 3 by Swansea_Blue

Don’t forget we are lucky and grateful to him for pumping in 7m to cover the losses he has created each year. There was even one dolt on here apologizing for being so critical after he pushed the boat out to sign 5 has been loanees during January again.
Login to get fewer ads

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 10:03 - Feb 3 with 3649 viewsPecker

I think I've got it. Didn't he once sign a player for £10,000 and sell him for £6,000,000. That must be his highlight. As for us fans, there hasn't been one.
What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 10:07 - Feb 3 with 3632 viewsPecker

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 09:51 - Feb 3 by SitfcB

Appointing Mick McCarthy.

Was that a highlight though, really. Yes I would rather be 15th than bottom, but hardly a highlight.
What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 10:31 - Feb 3 with 3604 viewsSwailsey

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 10:07 - Feb 3 by Pecker

Was that a highlight though, really. Yes I would rather be 15th than bottom, but hardly a highlight.

Yes.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 10:32 - Feb 3 with 3600 viewsLankHenners

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 10:07 - Feb 3 by Pecker

The only 'highlights' of Evans' reign have been under Mick, everything else has been garbage.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 10:37 - Feb 3 with 3591 viewsPecker

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 10:32 - Feb 3 by LankHenners

The only 'highlights' of Evans' reign have been under Mick, everything else has been garbage.

The football was dire and I hoped a change of manager would bring a change in style. Yes if Mick was here we wouldn't be bottom, but we wouldn't be top 6 either. I would prefer mid table obscurity, but hardly a "highlight".
What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 11:00 - Feb 3 with 3567 viewsRegencyBlue

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 09:52 - Feb 3 by LeagueOne

They say that the true meaning of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

It never ceases to amaze me how people think he ‘invests’ in the club because he doesn’t!

What he does is cover trading losses, a subsidy in other words. Investment, true investment, would be money on top of the subsidy to really improve things and that is where the problem has been.

Just to stand still in the Championship requires meaningful investment. Evans hasn’t done that and we are where we are as a result.

He’s made very poor decisions throughout his tenure here and I can’t think of anything which could remotely be called a highlight frankly!
What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 11:06 - Feb 3 with 3540 viewsBenters2

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 09:42 - Feb 3 by LeagueOne

Well we've not beaten Norwich for ten years, we scraped the Playoffs once by a point because Derby lost and we managed to get to League Cup semi final by playing weak sides early on. Other than that we've not won a FA cup game in ten years, we lost 7-0 against Chelsea, he's not had a single manager not in a relegation battle and he thinks that's competitive.

It's clear to me that the blood is on Marcus Evans hands, and although he's popular on here, the results do not lie, we're now a third division club.

I am genuinely surprised at how passive our support is about him, he's a incompetent tool.

Oh come on he has done two interviews and has come over very well in both.

Not only do we have a crap football team now,the stadium is looking tired and dirty.

He has fkd it.
What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 11:40 - Feb 3 with 3514 viewsTrequartista

The anticipation on Day 1 that we had a good chance of being promoted back to the Premier League.

Day 2 i started to doubt that, and nothing has been good ever since.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 12:18 - Feb 3 with 3477 viewsSwansea_Blue

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 09:52 - Feb 3 by LeagueOne

"the true meaning of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"?

Sounds like my posts!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

on 12:20 - Feb 3 with 3467 views_

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 12:23 - Feb 3 with 3459 viewsWonky

That header that Tabby scored class goal that. Used to grind teams into submission from sheer effort.
What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 12:30 - Feb 3 with 3446 viewsLankHenners

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 10:37 - Feb 3 by Pecker

The football was dire and I hoped a change of manager would bring a change in style. Yes if Mick was here we wouldn't be bottom, but we wouldn't be top 6 either. I would prefer mid table obscurity, but hardly a "highlight".

The question was what have been the highlights of ME's tenure. MM's time in charge was the highlight.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 12:34 - Feb 3 with 3433 viewsBLUEBEAT

When our best ever Evans-era manager crafted a convincing win over Norwich. Everything was exciting and future looked brilliant.

Then Evans sacked him and appointed Roy Keane. It’s been downhill all the way ever since.

Poll: W or W

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 12:51 - Feb 3 with 3404 viewspointofblue

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 12:34 - Feb 3 by BLUEBEAT

When our best ever Evans-era manager crafted a convincing win over Norwich. Everything was exciting and future looked brilliant.

Then Evans sacked him and appointed Roy Keane. It’s been downhill all the way ever since.

Let’s not rewrite history; whilst he wasn’t abused to the extent Mick was the majority of fans wanted Jim to leave as they felt he’d taken us as far as he could. Superb manager on a budget, struggled when given cash to spend. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing him back here if Lambert left.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 14:10 - Feb 3 with 3327 viewsbraveblue

Nothing. He is a complete disaster.
What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 14:52 - Feb 3 with 3273 viewsBluefish

The biggest highlight has been not being in administration or frequently fearing being in administration and facing a points deduction

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 15:06 - Feb 3 with 3243 viewsStewart27

What have actually been the highlights of Marcus Evans’ tenure? on 09:42 - Feb 3 by LeagueOne

Great post.

Nailed it.

Marcus Evans is completely responsible for our demise. But the majority of the fan base mirror our pathetic existence of a club and claim that he funds our hobby.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024