Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there anybody left 15:24 - Feb 3 with 5174 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Who believes that we will stay up ???

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Is there anybody left on 15:27 - Feb 3 with 5156 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I held out hope until pretty much the end. I have no real hope of it now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Is there anybody left on 15:50 - Feb 3 with 5105 viewsDeano69

Yes, right up until it’s mathematically impossible.

Who am I trying to kid

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Is there anybody left on 16:03 - Feb 3 with 5070 viewspositivity

maybe a few pessimistic reading/rotherham fans, not many on here!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Is there anybody left on 16:12 - Feb 3 with 5040 viewsChris_Knights

Is there anybody left on 16:03 - Feb 3 by positivity

maybe a few pessimistic reading/rotherham fans, not many on here!

The question that needs to be asked is where we finish next season. This team will never in a million years make the league one play offs...
Is there anybody left on 16:14 - Feb 3 with 5022 viewsChampionship

Sure, why not. Count me in.
Is there anybody left on 16:17 - Feb 3 with 5009 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Is there anybody left on 16:12 - Feb 3 by Chris_Knights

The question that needs to be asked is where we finish next season. This team will never in a million years make the league one play offs...

Lambert is ahead of you. He's already said its a massive rebuilding job.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Is there anybody left on 16:25 - Feb 3 with 4963 viewsLeagueOne

Is there anybody left on 16:17 - Feb 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

Our budget won't allow for a massive rebuild of the squad, we'll be scraping around again come August and will finish 15th next season unless Evans changes.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Is there anybody left on 16:27 - Feb 3 with 4953 viewspositivity

Is there anybody left on 16:17 - Feb 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

i don't think it should be.

the players are there; if hurst's shrewsbury could make the top 3, then this group of players is definitely good enough to at least equal that IF

evans can keep them together
lambert can build a coherent team from them
lambert can rebuild their confidence

tricky jobs, but ones that a manager with lambert's experience *should* be able to achieve

Login to get fewer ads

Is there anybody left on 16:28 - Feb 3 with 4947 viewsTractorWood

Is there anybody left on 16:25 - Feb 3 by LeagueOne

Our budget won't allow for a massive rebuild of the squad, we'll be scraping around again come August and will finish 15th next season unless Evans changes.

As depressing and defeatist as this, I sort of agree. We'll be buying worse players with a stricter budget. Could just be a continuation downwards.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Is there anybody left on 16:31 - Feb 3 with 4932 viewspositivity

Is there anybody left on 16:28 - Feb 3 by TractorWood

As depressing and defeatist as this, I sort of agree. We'll be buying worse players with a stricter budget. Could just be a continuation downwards.

that's assuming everyone leaves though.

the players contracted to us for next year are good league one players or average championship ones, that's been the problem this year, but could be an advantage next!

Is there anybody left on 16:36 - Feb 3 with 4908 viewsTractorWood

Is there anybody left on 16:31 - Feb 3 by positivity

that's assuming everyone leaves though.

the players contracted to us for next year are good league one players or average championship ones, that's been the problem this year, but could be an advantage next!

They certainly aren't average championship players or we would have more than 3 wins in 30.

Is there anybody left on 16:37 - Feb 3 with 4902 viewsjudespiveyg

Obviously it looks very likely we'll be playing league one football next season, I'm a lot more confident than some are. If that Rotherham side could come straight back despite losing their best player (Adeyemi) then we certainly can.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Is there anybody left on 16:39 - Feb 3 with 4894 viewspositivity

Is there anybody left on 16:36 - Feb 3 by TractorWood

They certainly aren't average championship players or we would have more than 3 wins in 30.

the likes of skuse, chambers, gerken, sears etc are proven to be average championship players from years of experience.

however both managers have been unable to either get them to perform or blend them with their new recruits who are good league one players (hurst signings) or poor prem players (lambert's)!

Is there anybody left on 16:41 - Feb 3 with 4885 viewspositivity

Is there anybody left on 16:37 - Feb 3 by judespiveyg

Obviously it looks very likely we'll be playing league one football next season, I'm a lot more confident than some are. If that Rotherham side could come straight back despite losing their best player (Adeyemi) then we certainly can.

it's a question of attitude. rotherham as a bit of a yo-yo club were well set-up for relegation. will we be?

we've had plenty of warning, so we should be, but it'll be more of a shock to the system for our club than rotherham's!

Is there anybody left on 16:44 - Feb 3 with 4868 viewsbluejacko

No! After Milwall thats really when it struck home. 😟
Is there anybody left on 16:50 - Feb 3 with 4848 viewsTractorWood

Is there anybody left on 16:39 - Feb 3 by positivity

the likes of skuse, chambers, gerken, sears etc are proven to be average championship players from years of experience.

however both managers have been unable to either get them to perform or blend them with their new recruits who are good league one players (hurst signings) or poor prem players (lambert's)!

I think Skuse and Chambers are the wrong side of 30. Both have been good servants, Chambers in particular. However, neither have played to a good enough standard to change their game without the fitness levels. Given the choice I'd much rather have Collins and/or Chalobah.

Collins reads the game incredibly well and his decision making and assurance on the ball can't be taught.

Is there anybody left on 17:24 - Feb 3 with 4772 viewsfabian_illness

I’m still believing.
Right to end.
The only way to be.
Is there anybody left on 22:37 - Feb 3 with 4547 viewspeterleeblue

Is there anybody left on 16:25 - Feb 3 by LeagueOne

League 1 is probably a level you can rebuild nowadays.
We have been such a drab outfit with no Premiership recent history so should be perceived as nothing special.
Sunderland have struggled against the weight of expectation and the fact they are everyone else's big day out. Yet they are still well placed.
I suspect we will start slow but probably put in a season that will see us close to the play off's but ultimately not quite get up in one go.
The league is quite forgiving. Chances are missed and mistakes are made with opportunities to win when not playing well. If Lambert (and I still doubt whether he will ultimately still be here) can make us difficult to beat the chances will present themselves.
I would expect the season to be a whole lot more enjoyable experience than the last few years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024