Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone Tried/On 'Football Index'?? 13:06 - Feb 4 with 829 viewsDecageBruce

I have a little flutter on an Acca most weeks and haven't been very successful this year so have had a quick look into this. I won't be playing big bucks but just another little alternative to throwing my money at the bookies (max £10 per week).

I am interested to hear the views of those that have/do use the site and your experiences.

I am aware that betting etc is not everyone's cup of tea and respect that view but this is of interest to me and many others. Remember, Bet responsibly.

Thanks
Anyone Tried/On 'Football Index'?? on 13:09 - Feb 4 with 821 viewsfooters

Be aware that spread betting of this sort means you can lose a lot of money very quickly; you can actually end up owing the company if your position turns negative. Unless you're already trading or understand how trading works, I'd avoid it and stick to the accas. Also FI would only really be good for long-to-medium term positions, not the odd flutter.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone Tried/On 'Football Index'?? on 13:12 - Feb 4 with 809 viewsitfcjoe

I know a few people that have made serious money on this, basically 5 figures. None of them seem to lose, although think ship may have sailed for the big profits and everything has slowed down now

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone Tried/On 'Football Index'?? on 13:15 - Feb 4 with 793 viewsDecageBruce

Anyone Tried/On 'Football Index'?? on 13:09 - Feb 4 by footers

Be aware that spread betting of this sort means you can lose a lot of money very quickly; you can actually end up owing the company if your position turns negative. Unless you're already trading or understand how trading works, I'd avoid it and stick to the accas. Also FI would only really be good for long-to-medium term positions, not the odd flutter.

Thanks,

It wouldn't be the odd flutter. Was looking at 'investing' the equivalent of 3/6 months Acca money into my pot and run it from that.

I've done some reading around it but not quite sure I understand how you could get into a negative balance. I understand that a player could lose value after I 'bought' him but surely I would just 'sell' at a loss, take the hit myself but retain/withdraw the sold value and take the hit.

How would a player end up owing money? Thanks
Anyone Tried/On 'Football Index'?? on 13:16 - Feb 4 with 792 viewsKieran_Knows

I had a little flutter on it a couple of years ago, I'm talking <£50. I find the concept of it very good, but to make it worth your while, I feel like you need to be putting thousands in to it. Again, that's just my personal opinion of it, and I could've been doing something completely wrong, but I came off it after around 6 weeks and haven't used it since - although I do know of people who have made a fortune on it (but they have put in serious cash in the first place).
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 13:16]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Anyone Tried/On 'Football Index'?? on 13:21 - Feb 4 with 760 viewsfooters

Anyone Tried/On 'Football Index'?? on 13:15 - Feb 4 by DecageBruce

Thanks,

It wouldn't be the odd flutter. Was looking at 'investing' the equivalent of 3/6 months Acca money into my pot and run it from that.

I've done some reading around it but not quite sure I understand how you could get into a negative balance. I understand that a player could lose value after I 'bought' him but surely I would just 'sell' at a loss, take the hit myself but retain/withdraw the sold value and take the hit.

How would a player end up owing money? Thanks

Maybe it's not possible on FI, wouldn't know as I haven't played, but in normal financial spread betting traders' positions can become negative if they don't use a stop loss.

Just trying to balance out the risks involved in this type of betting versus normal accas. May be worth investigating before you start playing.

Good luck!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone Tried/On 'Football Index'?? on 13:23 - Feb 4 with 748 viewsDecageBruce

Anyone Tried/On 'Football Index'?? on 13:21 - Feb 4 by footers

Maybe it's not possible on FI, wouldn't know as I haven't played, but in normal financial spread betting traders' positions can become negative if they don't use a stop loss.

Just trying to balance out the risks involved in this type of betting versus normal accas. May be worth investigating before you start playing.

Good luck!

That's great, thanks.

Understand the risk of 'trading' and doubt I will make/lose much on this as won't be high value and may not like it (if I try). Thought you may have had a specific that I had missed but thanks for your time
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024