Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira 13:28 - Feb 4 with 4939 viewsBlueBlood90

Do you think Mings' stamp on Oliveira was intentional or accidental?

He obviously has previous with the Ibrahimovic situation but always seemed such a gentle and kind fella when he was here so he doesn't strike me down as having a thuggish side to him.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 13:28 - Feb 4 with 4928 viewsJammyDodgerrr

He never should've been charged for the Ibrahimovic one. Both are clearly accidental for me.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

on 13:30 - Feb 4 with 4907 views_

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 13:30 - Feb 4 with 4911 viewsGarv

I watched back the Ibra one yesterday and my word it looks deliberate. I don't think the Oliveira one is but only Mings knows, if it was I'm sure he feels pretty guilty now.

He does play with an edge I think, but he's also naturally leggy and sort of clumsy, so he's unlucky in that sense.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 13:33 - Feb 4 with 4885 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I would have said accidental, as he doesn't seem the type.

But having watched the Ibra incident too, it does put doubt in my mind.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 13:38 - Feb 4 with 4839 viewsuefacup81

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 13:33 - Feb 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

I would have said accidental, as he doesn't seem the type.

But having watched the Ibra incident too, it does put doubt in my mind.

My thoughts exactly.

To stamp on one person's head, Mr Mings, may be regarded as a misfortune. To stamp on two looks like carelessness.

It'd be interesting to know if Oliveira had done anything earlier in the match to provoke some sort of retaliation from Mings.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 13:55 - Feb 4 with 4772 viewsBlueBlood90

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 13:28 - Feb 4 by JammyDodgerrr

He never should've been charged for the Ibrahimovic one. Both are clearly accidental for me.

I'm really not so sure about that. He appeared to look down before the stamps on both occasions which makes it look very bad for him. As we saw before our game against Norwich last season, Oliveira has a little gob on him so I wouldn't be too surprised if they were at it during the game.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 14:00 - Feb 4 with 4747 viewsITFC_Forever

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 13:38 - Feb 4 by uefacup81

My thoughts exactly.

To stamp on one person's head, Mr Mings, may be regarded as a misfortune. To stamp on two looks like carelessness.

It'd be interesting to know if Oliveira had done anything earlier in the match to provoke some sort of retaliation from Mings.

It's Oliveira.... a complete tool. He's bound to have wound someone up.

Not that he deserves his face re-arranged, but even for a footballer, he's a complete bell.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 14:42 - Feb 4 with 4632 viewsSuperfrans

I have a huge amount of sympathy for him. He is being given a huge amount of grief on social media and from lots of people who should really know better.

Most are making up their mind from a short, slowed down clip, which doesn't give any indication of how fast the incident was, how difficult/impossible it would have been to avoid Oliviera (without levitating somehow) - it also cuts off before the immediate response is captured, showing how he quick he was to be calling for treatment for Oliviera.

On the Ibrahimovic incident, he was clearly trying to jump over Ibra and was at worst clumsy/reckless. Besides, just because he was involved in a similar incident twice, doesn't mean he is guilty.

Oh and finally, he's shown time and again what a really good fella he is. Goes way above and beyond to help and support people worse off than he is.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 14:45]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 14:47 - Feb 4 with 4604 viewsRobTheMonk

Onced bitten twice shy and all that jazz. It's an unusual incident to happen, so twice in the space of a couple of seasons by the same player doesn't look great. The only one that will really know if it was intentional is Mings himself.
Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 14:57 - Feb 4 with 4552 viewsuefacup81

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 14:42 - Feb 4 by Superfrans

I have a huge amount of sympathy for him. He is being given a huge amount of grief on social media and from lots of people who should really know better.

Most are making up their mind from a short, slowed down clip, which doesn't give any indication of how fast the incident was, how difficult/impossible it would have been to avoid Oliviera (without levitating somehow) - it also cuts off before the immediate response is captured, showing how he quick he was to be calling for treatment for Oliviera.

On the Ibrahimovic incident, he was clearly trying to jump over Ibra and was at worst clumsy/reckless. Besides, just because he was involved in a similar incident twice, doesn't mean he is guilty.

Oh and finally, he's shown time and again what a really good fella he is. Goes way above and beyond to help and support people worse off than he is.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 14:45]

Being a nice person means diddly squat. You can come across as the nicest person on earth, and still have the capacity to stamp on someone's face because they've 'wronged' you.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 15:03 - Feb 4 with 4536 viewsitfc48

At that speed, you only have a fraction of a second to react. I don't think it would have been possible for him to change where he placed his foot.
Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 17:52 - Feb 4 with 4305 viewsSuperfrans

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 14:57 - Feb 4 by uefacup81

Being a nice person means diddly squat. You can come across as the nicest person on earth, and still have the capacity to stamp on someone's face because they've 'wronged' you.

Actually, I think you’ll find being a decent person will make you think twice about stamping on someone’s face.

100% accidental. No question about it.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 17:53 - Feb 4 with 4299 viewschicoazul

on 13:30 - Feb 4 by _

Remember that time he ironed out Ryan Bennett in the derby too? Good times man, Bennett was even whingeing about it on Twitter afterwards.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 20:26 - Feb 4 with 4075 viewsJuggsy

I’ve known plenty of real nice guys turn into foaming mouth animals every time they get onto the pitch. Just does that to some people.
Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 21:05 - Feb 4 with 3993 viewsMattShez

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 20:26 - Feb 4 by Juggsy

I’ve known plenty of real nice guys turn into foaming mouth animals every time they get onto the pitch. Just does that to some people.

he did exactly the same to Ibrahomovic at man utd a few years back which lead to him getting elbowed by manbun later on

No accident
Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 22:57 - Feb 4 with 3802 viewsFelstow1978

Frankly given the personality involved, who gives a flying feck whether it was a perfectly timed accident or otherwise?

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 02:15 - Feb 5 with 3696 viewsXYZ

Alan Hunter says who gives an f? Let 'em know you're there, ffs.
Tyrone Mings stamp on Oliveira on 18:49 - Feb 5 with 3450 viewsColumbo

100% meant to stamp on his face !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024