Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century 16:42 - Feb 4 with 1249 viewsPendejo

Following on from last weeks "breast ironing" and the FGM conviction, may I present exorcism...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47116344

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 16:48 - Feb 4 with 1238 viewssparks

As Mr Hitchens was fond of saying:

Bad people do bad things, good people largely do good things. But it takes religion to make good people do evil things.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 16:51 - Feb 4 with 1228 viewsTNBlue

Thoughts and prayers to this gentleman and his family. Possession by demons is never pleasant.
Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 17:26 - Feb 4 with 1184 viewschicoazul

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 16:48 - Feb 4 by sparks

As Mr Hitchens was fond of saying:

Bad people do bad things, good people largely do good things. But it takes religion to make good people do evil things.

FYI to anyone new to this debate, Chris was the bad Hitchens who was a drunken neoliberal warmonger and all round rsehole.
This is the Good Hitchens; https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2015/08/why-some-people-want-god-not-to-

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 17:28 - Feb 4 with 1176 viewssparks

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 17:26 - Feb 4 by chicoazul

FYI to anyone new to this debate, Chris was the bad Hitchens who was a drunken neoliberal warmonger and all round rsehole.
This is the Good Hitchens; https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2015/08/why-some-people-want-god-not-to-

Unfortunately for the remaining Hitchens, he is a religous, dogmatic, right winger with views some might consider narrow minded or bigotted. More importantly, he was absolutely dwarfed in terms of intellect, oratory and charisma by his brother.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 17:44 - Feb 4 with 1152 viewschicoazul

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 17:28 - Feb 4 by sparks

Unfortunately for the remaining Hitchens, he is a religous, dogmatic, right winger with views some might consider narrow minded or bigotted. More importantly, he was absolutely dwarfed in terms of intellect, oratory and charisma by his brother.

I don;t see why that would be more important or ultimately, important at all, unless you're one of Chris' fanboys we hear so much from on the internets. Chris was a terrible person although I don't go as far as calling him a racist which some people do, hating as he did some of the world's poorest and most disadvantaged peoples of colour.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 17:58 - Feb 4 with 1125 viewssparks

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 17:44 - Feb 4 by chicoazul

I don;t see why that would be more important or ultimately, important at all, unless you're one of Chris' fanboys we hear so much from on the internets. Chris was a terrible person although I don't go as far as calling him a racist which some people do, hating as he did some of the world's poorest and most disadvantaged peoples of colour.

?? What more important than what?

And evidence for your final sentence?

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 18:20 - Feb 4 with 1107 viewsBlueBadger

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 17:26 - Feb 4 by chicoazul

To be honest, they both come across as dreadful, dreadful pricks deliberately spouting vile opinions to get people to look at them.

The dead one comes across like a fat Milo Yannoplous and the live one like the weaselly kid at school that someohow didn't get bullied because his notebook was full of really scary drawings of the teachers being ritually disemboowelled.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 18:35]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 18:21 - Feb 4 with 1100 viewsSpruceMoose

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 18:20 - Feb 4 by BlueBadger

To be honest, they both come across as dreadful, dreadful pricks deliberately spouting vile opinions to get people to look at them.

The dead one comes across like a fat Milo Yannoplous and the live one like the weaselly kid at school that someohow didn't get bullied because his notebook was full of really scary drawings of the teachers being ritually disemboowelled.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 18:35]

Surprised they didn't post here.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 18:22]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 18:34 - Feb 4 with 1073 viewsBlueBadger

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 18:21 - Feb 4 by SpruceMoose

Surprised they didn't post here.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 18:22]

At least one of them is dead, which may slow them down a bit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 18:35 - Feb 4 with 1073 viewsSpruceMoose

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 18:34 - Feb 4 by BlueBadger

At least one of them is dead, which may slow them down a bit.

That's what they want you to think.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 18:36 - Feb 4 with 1070 viewsBlueBadger

Another example medieval practices surviving in the 21st century on 18:35 - Feb 4 by SpruceMoose

That's what they want you to think.

Well, I understand that the net connection from England's Biggest Village Green is a little laggy...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024