Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being as honest with myself as I can be 09:23 - Feb 5 with 1784 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I am struggling to recall seeing a worse Championship team at Portman Road in the last 18 years than us.

Even the horrible Rotherham side that hadn't picked up an away point until they nearly took all 3 before McGoldrick got a late equaliser, passed the ball with intent and created chances.

Even the Crewe and Burton teams that were whipping boys passed the ball around with purpose and had a clear identity.

I suppose only teams like Sunderland last year, the Luton team we beat 5-0 and a couple of others have genuinely been as bad as we have seen from Town, which is incredibly worrying.

I still think we'll be okay next season and in or around the playoffs, but what upsets me the most is not the lack of quality, we know that, or the lack of cohesion, which is understandable.

It's the lack of fight. We are playing like a team in 12th with 6 games to go who can't go up or down. We are not remotely fighting for our lives, which makes no point from the players for a pride point of view, professional point of view or financial point of view.

Who is putting in crunching tackles? Who is arguing? Who is shouting their heads off? It's so bizarre that the players are doing their absolute best impressions of people that couldn't care when surely they must absolutely care.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Being as honest with myself as I can be on 09:25 - Feb 5 with 1768 viewsBackToRussia

They've lost all morale and have probably internally given up. Very different scenario next season, but absolutely zero guarantee we will do any better than this one IMO.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Being as honest with myself as I can be on 09:28 - Feb 5 with 1731 viewsfooters

What even are we now? Square pegs in round holes, ridiculous squad with no real quality, no defined style of play... Lambert has one of the most important jobs in ITFC history next season. Let's hope he gets it right. League One will be no cake walk.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Being as honest with myself as I can be on 09:39 - Feb 5 with 1685 viewsPinewoodblue

IT is the hollow ring to comments made by senior players that gets to me.

Would be happy not to hear, or read, from our senior player again this season. The only place they can make a difference is on the pitch. They have a responsibility to show real leadership not just see things through, like first half last Saturday. Leaders have to be seen to be leading.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Being as honest with myself as I can be on 09:47 - Feb 5 with 1643 viewsRegencyBlue

Being as honest with myself as I can be on 09:28 - Feb 5 by footers

What even are we now? Square pegs in round holes, ridiculous squad with no real quality, no defined style of play... Lambert has one of the most important jobs in ITFC history next season. Let's hope he gets it right. League One will be no cake walk.

Next season will define our club for years to come in my opinion.

League 1 is not going to be as easy as some think and the general malaise around the club could easily see us slip straight into League 2 rather than trouble the play offs. An extreme view maybe but we wouldn’t be the first to go that route.
Being as honest with myself as I can be on 10:16 - Feb 5 with 1546 viewsPilgrimblue

Being as honest with myself as I can be on 09:39 - Feb 5 by Pinewoodblue

IT is the hollow ring to comments made by senior players that gets to me.

Would be happy not to hear, or read, from our senior player again this season. The only place they can make a difference is on the pitch. They have a responsibility to show real leadership not just see things through, like first half last Saturday. Leaders have to be seen to be leading.

But that is the trouble with taking on too many signings by PH as none of those would have any affinity with the Club and then having too many loans who are even worse as they know they're only here for a short time.
The only leaders we have are Chambo and maybe Skuse but even they'll be off in May. So its going to be really difficult next season unless PL signs players or more importantly brings forward our youth, who really want to play for Town.

In the past we were told that there was a very good atmosphere in the dressing room and so when things got tough, they pulled together. Sadly I don't think that is the case now as agree with posts that there is no desire on the pitch.

If Pl is still here then I feel he has to find the players that do care. Maybe Bishop will step up or Huws so that the rest will follow and that surely will galvanise the younger players so we can build a quality team. COYB
Being as honest with myself as I can be on 10:20 - Feb 5 with 1519 viewsElephantintheRoom

It's not really a Town side though is it? Lamberts eclectic mix of short-termers brought in in Jan are a different bunch to the ones he tried in Dec... and the fact they are all pretty useless and or patently unfit will have put many a nose out of joint. It's a pity Lambert didn't try his escape plan with Town players and yoof. At least that would have been a starting point for next season. Now even the contracted players will probably want to be elsewhere next season whatever division Town are in. New depths might well be plumbed next season.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Being as honest with myself as I can be on 10:42 - Feb 5 with 1422 viewsRobTheMonk

Being as honest with myself as I can be on 10:20 - Feb 5 by ElephantintheRoom

It's not really a Town side though is it? Lamberts eclectic mix of short-termers brought in in Jan are a different bunch to the ones he tried in Dec... and the fact they are all pretty useless and or patently unfit will have put many a nose out of joint. It's a pity Lambert didn't try his escape plan with Town players and yoof. At least that would have been a starting point for next season. Now even the contracted players will probably want to be elsewhere next season whatever division Town are in. New depths might well be plumbed next season.

I can't believe we're back to relying on 6 loans and a (admitedly decent) injury-proned centre back.

This season has been a complete clusterfudge summed up by the Donacien situation. Centre back, right back, left back, out the squad, in the squad, left back, is he still a loan?, yep, no clearance yet, 6 loans?, out of the squad, wait, back in the team, Hurst fired, Lambert in, seen as a centre back, back to Accrington with you... on loan... Lol.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 10:44]
Being as honest with myself as I can be on 10:52 - Feb 5 with 1394 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I want us to go to carrow road and just nail some of them. Go there and crunch Pukki.

Show us something

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Being as honest with myself as I can be on 10:54 - Feb 5 with 1389 viewschicoazul

Almost all the first team know they wont be here next season, or assume as much. You can't outrun or outfight simple human psychology.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024