Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Yorker piece about the decline in people studying history 10:02 - Feb 5 with 1070 viewsSteve_M

And why it matters:

“History instills a sense of citizenship, and reminds you of questions to ask, especially about evidence,”

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-decline-of-historical-thinking

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

on 10:55 - Feb 5 with 1029 views_

New Yorker piece about the decline in people studying history on 10:59 - Feb 5 with 1016 viewsSteve_M

on 10:55 - Feb 5 by _

That bit about weighing evidence.....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

on 11:01 - Feb 5 with 1010 views_

New Yorker piece about the decline in people studying history on 10:59 - Feb 5 by Steve_M

That bit about weighing evidence.....

New Yorker piece about the decline in people studying history on 11:04 - Feb 5 with 1006 viewsNo9

This isn't just about studying history is it. it's about the decline in 'society' & we all know where that started.
I was listening to the radio the other day, there is among some concerns that subjects like history & the art are no longer being studied in the UK because the jobs obtainable after graduating pay very poor wages so the students / graduate has no hope in repaying the loans.

It's all a growing mess
New Yorker piece about the decline in people studying history on 11:10 - Feb 5 with 994 viewsjeera

There's no future in it etc...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

New Yorker piece about the decline in people studying history on 11:24 - Feb 5 with 978 viewsSuperblue95

It’s alright, if nobody is studying history then this article will be forgotten about in a few years time

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

New Yorker piece about the decline in people studying history on 11:47 - Feb 5 with 960 viewschicoazul

Yeah that's the trouble with history, it's just one bloody thing after another.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

New Yorker piece about the decline in people studying history on 11:51 - Feb 5 with 954 viewsNo9

New Yorker piece about the decline in people studying history on 11:47 - Feb 5 by chicoazul

We are supposed to learn from it but, obviously don't
Login to get fewer ads

New Yorker piece about the decline in people studying history on 12:02 - Feb 5 with 939 viewsjeera

New Yorker piece about the decline in people studying history on 11:47 - Feb 5 by chicoazul

I said THERE'S NO FUTURE IN IT!

!!111

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

on 13:12 - Feb 5 with 893 views_

New Yorker piece about the decline in people studying history on 11:51 - Feb 5 by No9

We are supposed to learn from it but, obviously don't

New Yorker piece about the decline in people studying history on 13:24 - Feb 5 with 871 viewsNo9

on 13:12 - Feb 5 by _

Never heard that but it does ring true, we seem to be a nation that learns nothing
on 13:33 - Feb 5 with 860 views_

New Yorker piece about the decline in people studying history on 13:24 - Feb 5 by No9

Never heard that but it does ring true, we seem to be a nation that learns nothing

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024