Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals 12:32 - Feb 5 with 1518 viewskizaitfc

Personally i couldnt care less i want to see a full ground

BUT I do think do something small like a free pie and pint at the game would just the club are considering the season ticket holders who turn up week in week out.

Personally however do thinm there is something in the pipeline for next season

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Here's the thing about ST holders and these deals on 12:58 - Feb 5 with 1464 viewsBobbychase

I've got a season ticket and I don't mind these discounts at all.

And every time there was a 4x£10 tickets for season ticket holders - even in the days when we had around 14,000 ST holders, it would bump the crowd up to around 20,000.

If every ST holder had brought a friend back then - just one - when it was four tickets for £10 the ground would have been full. But it never was. People ignored the discount too much, and the club should be applauded for trying to get a decent atmosphere going for important games by opening the price reductions out to the wider fan base.

There's a bit too much "but what about meeeeeee" in these complaints from ST holders. The club's in crisis, forget about your own issues for once.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 13:00 - Feb 5 with 1450 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

What is it about football fans that makes them so bloody illogical.

Anyone who bought a season ticket was offered a product at a price and decided to accept it. They could have said no and then benefitted from the exact deals other people are now being offered.

What someone else is offered later on is completely separate. You were given a price. You chose to accept it.

These people must literally stomp into PC World arguing that the £899 laptop they bought 6 months ago is now only £799 and that it's totally unfair.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 13:09]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Here's the thing about ST holders and these deals on 13:37 - Feb 5 with 1358 viewsDeano69

Here's the thing about ST holders and these deals on 12:58 - Feb 5 by Bobbychase

I've got a season ticket and I don't mind these discounts at all.

And every time there was a 4x£10 tickets for season ticket holders - even in the days when we had around 14,000 ST holders, it would bump the crowd up to around 20,000.

If every ST holder had brought a friend back then - just one - when it was four tickets for £10 the ground would have been full. But it never was. People ignored the discount too much, and the club should be applauded for trying to get a decent atmosphere going for important games by opening the price reductions out to the wider fan base.

There's a bit too much "but what about meeeeeee" in these complaints from ST holders. The club's in crisis, forget about your own issues for once.

The only flaw in the plan of ST's brining a friend, is they are unlikely to be able to sit with you. But i agree, wouldnt hurt to give every ST a free ticket

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

on 13:38 - Feb 5 with 1350 views_

People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 13:40 - Feb 5 with 1350 viewsitfcjoe

People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 13:00 - Feb 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

What is it about football fans that makes them so bloody illogical.

Anyone who bought a season ticket was offered a product at a price and decided to accept it. They could have said no and then benefitted from the exact deals other people are now being offered.

What someone else is offered later on is completely separate. You were given a price. You chose to accept it.

These people must literally stomp into PC World arguing that the £899 laptop they bought 6 months ago is now only £799 and that it's totally unfair.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 13:09]

The difference is the club need to come back to us next year and try and get us to part with cash again so not quite the same as your example.

I personally think the offers are good, but with relegation likely there is a need to not devalue season tickets too much or sales could fall through the floor

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 13:42 - Feb 5 with 1327 viewsuefacup81

People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 13:40 - Feb 5 by itfcjoe

The difference is the club need to come back to us next year and try and get us to part with cash again so not quite the same as your example.

I personally think the offers are good, but with relegation likely there is a need to not devalue season tickets too much or sales could fall through the floor

The thing is, Season Tickets haven't been devalued at all.

If the offers meant that there was no financial advantage in buying a Season Ticket, then I'd see where you're coming from. But that's not the case. No matter where you sit, you're still saving between £106 and £142 based on Early Bird prices.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 13:59 - Feb 5 with 1285 viewsitfcjoe

People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 13:42 - Feb 5 by uefacup81

If the offers meant that there was no financial advantage in buying a Season Ticket, then I'd see where you're coming from. But that's not the case. No matter where you sit, you're still saving between £106 and £142 based on Early Bird prices.

Of course they are being devalued, and need to compare with full price not early bird price.

I think at the moment a ST works out you get 6-7 games 'free', if that number drops to 2-3 then some people who have to travel longer distances to games and may miss some night games may consider it.

I've personally no problem with more deals and filling the ground, and will renew regardless, but the club to have to ensure STs aren't devalued too far and are well aware of this

People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 14:00 - Feb 5 with 1277 viewsuefacup81

People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 13:59 - Feb 5 by itfcjoe

Of course they are being devalued, and need to compare with full price not early bird price.

I think at the moment a ST works out you get 6-7 games 'free', if that number drops to 2-3 then some people who have to travel longer distances to games and may miss some night games may consider it.

I've personally no problem with more deals and filling the ground, and will renew regardless, but the club to have to ensure STs aren't devalued too far and are well aware of this

A full price ST doesn't even give you one free game. There's a £16 difference between an ST in the Upper SAR/SBR and buying individual tickets.

You'd be an idiot to pay full price, even if there weren't any promo games.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Login to get fewer ads

People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 14:10 - Feb 5 with 1251 viewsitfcjoe

People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 14:00 - Feb 5 by uefacup81

A full price ST doesn't even give you one free game. There's a £16 difference between an ST in the Upper SAR/SBR and buying individual tickets.

You'd be an idiot to pay full price, even if there weren't any promo games.

Some people like to have a ST and may not have been in a position to commit before Early Bird prices.

Regardless, it is still wrong to say that having more and more offers doesn't devalue a ST and the club have to strike that balance.

People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 14:16 - Feb 5 with 1232 viewsChocorange

People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 13:42 - Feb 5 by uefacup81

Let's get the stadium full, get behind the team. We are not dead yet.

This worked well for Rotherham at home and we got 3 points with the fans praised, credit to the club for doing the same against another of our big relegation rivals.

And yes, I am a season ticket , and I don't give a hoot about ticket promotions. Better atmosphere , hopefully 3 points , equals better weekend and a slim chance of avoiding the drop ...and then maybe not league 1 football but Championship footy instead next season.

Less of the me me me, more of what the club needs at this time
People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 14:19 - Feb 5 with 1225 viewshorsehollerer

People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 13:59 - Feb 5 by itfcjoe

Tbh, if I had a season ticket I'd feel like I was getting MORE value, not less, if the crowds were bigger and the atmosphere was better - regardless of how much anyone had paid for a ticket. Surely Rotherham (h) was more fun than Boro (h)?

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 14:20 - Feb 5 with 1216 viewsVaughan8

People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 14:16 - Feb 5 by Chocorange

Let's get the stadium full, get behind the team. We are not dead yet.

This worked well for Rotherham at home and we got 3 points with the fans praised, credit to the club for doing the same against another of our big relegation rivals.

And yes, I am a season ticket , and I don't give a hoot about ticket promotions. Better atmosphere , hopefully 3 points , equals better weekend and a slim chance of avoiding the drop ...and then maybe not league 1 football but Championship footy instead next season.

Less of the me me me, more of what the club needs at this time

This is fine as long as we are still in with a chance of staying up. There are 4 games between now and then. We could be say 12 points behind safety by then. if so, I don't think there is any escape. if we were 6 or less, it might be different!
People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 14:21 - Feb 5 with 1212 viewsSpruceMoose

People moaning about the ST holder complaining about deals on 14:19 - Feb 5 by horsehollerer

Tbh, if I had a season ticket I'd feel like I was getting MORE value, not less, if the crowds were bigger and the atmosphere was better - regardless of how much anyone had paid for a ticket. Surely Rotherham (h) was more fun than Boro (h)?

Exactly. It's like going to see your favourite band play in a half empty stadium compared to one that is full and buzzing. No comparison.

All this moaning is just another way of flaunting your superfan status. Go, or don't go. Don't worry what other people do. That's all there is to it really.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 14:23]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024