Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters 14:41 - Feb 5 with 2470 viewspickles110564

My major worry is that we don't have any form over the last few years for beating lower league teams (even in pre-season) so why do you think we will bounce straight back up again?
A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 14:58 - Feb 5 with 2435 viewstractorshark

My worry is we don’t have the investment or the attendances that enabled Norwich and Southampton to bounce straight back up.
Sheffield United were in League One for six seasons.
It may not be the quick fix that some think.
A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 15:20 - Feb 5 with 2402 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I think we have a chance of being competitive enough to challenge the best teams at that level which isn’t something we’ve been able to say for a long long time in The Championship.

But football is constantly changing and we could just as easily also find ourselves in a position where we struggle to keep up with the bigger names in that division or those coming down with us.

Our best chance is if we can hold on to the best of our youth and they prove to be too good for the standard in League One.

Predicting how we’ll do next year is impossible.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 16:12]
A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 15:30 - Feb 5 with 2378 viewsNorthLondonBlue2

I think that we went through a very similar thought process when faced with relegation from the Premier League. Arguably, we were in a far better position then, than now, financially, as well as psychologically, having finished 5th in the PL only the season before.

There is a real danger of underestimating the psychological effect of relegation. Players will leave, or will want to leave. Sponsors will look elsewhere, or expect far more, for less investment. Fans will not come to games in anything like this season's numbers. While anything other than a string of wins could well result in a terminal decline.

I hate to be so pessimistic. But, the prospect of Division 3 football is really not to be taken lightly.
A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 15:30 - Feb 5 with 2381 viewsLeagueOne

A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 14:58 - Feb 5 by tractorshark

My worry is we don’t have the investment or the attendances that enabled Norwich and Southampton to bounce straight back up.

Exactly. Evans interview indicates he's not changing tact so he will spend what he finds a reasonable amount of money for League One, and no more.

People think it will be a cakewalk but very few sides have been relegated to that level, who never had parachute payments and have come back. I think you're looking at Manchester City, Nottingham Forrest and Sheffield Wednesday, three big clubs and QPR. Bradford, Wimbledon, Coventry, Swindon, and Oldham are still there whereas Southampton, Norwich, Leeds, Leicester, Sheffield United and co all received parachute payments.

People also fail to consider we'll have a smaller budget due to a smaller gate and we've dropped with our worse side ever, historically speaking.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 15:32]

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 15:35 - Feb 5 with 2348 viewsIllinoisblue

you have to die to be reborn

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 15:38 - Feb 5 with 2341 viewsSpruceMoose

A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 15:35 - Feb 5 by Illinoisblue

you have to die to be reborn

Or, you just stay dead forever! Thems the risks you take!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 15:55 - Feb 5 with 2321 viewsJeff_winger

A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 15:30 - Feb 5 by LeagueOne

Exactly. Evans interview indicates he's not changing tact so he will spend what he finds a reasonable amount of money for League One, and no more.

People think it will be a cakewalk but very few sides have been relegated to that level, who never had parachute payments and have come back. I think you're looking at Manchester City, Nottingham Forrest and Sheffield Wednesday, three big clubs and QPR. Bradford, Wimbledon, Coventry, Swindon, and Oldham are still there whereas Southampton, Norwich, Leeds, Leicester, Sheffield United and co all received parachute payments.

People also fail to consider we'll have a smaller budget due to a smaller gate and we've dropped with our worse side ever, historically speaking.

I do not understand these comments, and it is probably the way I'm reading it.

Are you saying not many people come back who dont have parachute payments?
It says Norwich had parachute payments but they didn't did they?

I would say loads of teams go down and come back without parachute payments eg. Rotherham, Bolton, Wigan
A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 15:59 - Feb 5 with 2308 viewsSpruceMoose

A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 15:55 - Feb 5 by Jeff_winger

I do not understand these comments, and it is probably the way I'm reading it.

Are you saying not many people come back who dont have parachute payments?
It says Norwich had parachute payments but they didn't did they?

I would say loads of teams go down and come back without parachute payments eg. Rotherham, Bolton, Wigan

Community is a vastly underrated show.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 16:43 - Feb 5 with 2257 viewsJeff_winger

A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 15:59 - Feb 5 by SpruceMoose

Community is a vastly underrated show.

Yes it is
A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 16:52 - Feb 5 with 2241 viewschicoazul

As long as Evans runs this club we will never get promoted from L1. He is that rare combination of unlucky and useless.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 17:32 - Feb 5 with 2187 viewsRegencyBlue

A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 16:52 - Feb 5 by chicoazul

As long as Evans runs this club we will never get promoted from L1. He is that rare combination of unlucky and useless.

Yeah, that pretty much sums It up!
A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 17:39 - Feb 5 with 2176 viewsHerbivore

A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 15:30 - Feb 5 by LeagueOne

Or you're looking at Blackburn, Wigan and Rotherham who all came straight back up at the first attempt last year. Let's not overhype the scale of the challenge.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 07:12 - Feb 6 with 2023 viewsBenters2

A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 16:52 - Feb 5 by chicoazul

Sad but true.
A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 07:14 - Feb 6 with 2018 viewsBackToRussia

We should have known. ME is a major funder of the lib dems.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 08:26 - Feb 6 with 1963 viewsronnyblue

A question for the it would be good if we went down and rebuilt supporters on 14:58 - Feb 5 by tractorshark

Regarding the idea of a quick fix just look at the number of teams playing in the conference, and below, with experience and history of the football league. Approximately 50 % of the teams in the conference probably thought that they could bounce back straight away. Relegation does not work for all!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024