Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was very cold at Kirkley & Pakefield last night... 08:46 - Feb 6 with 1042 viewsitfcjoe

...the wind was strong and was ice cold. Just taking hands out of my pocket to tweet made me feel as though I was in the Antartic so updates became more and more infrequent!

A good result though, 3-1 win with an U18 team missing 5 players who will be in the 16 and at least 3 will definitely start in Youth Cup next week (El Mizouni, Scott, Clements, Foudil and Hughes).

K&P really were a Land of the Giants style team, there 2 CMs were absolutely huge and it was a game of long throws into the box and an attempt to physically bully the Ipswich youngsters. Without exaggerating the biggest 7 players on the pitch (at least) were all K&P players, and they received 4 or 5 yellow cards so you can see the sort of game it was.

ITFC youngsters were very brave on the ball, they would shout for the ball and receive it with 3 players around them and use it well - not always easy on a pitch that was creaking after a tough winter and wasn't the carpet they are used to.

First half they struggled and it was very scrappy with few chances at either end, in the 2nd half the striker pulled back almost into a false 9 position and the 2 wingers became wide strikers who stayed high and this tweak left K&P exposed as ITFC passed it quickly through the 3rds and really began to trouble them.

A good win and a semi final awaits. K&P have a nice setup where they are, with a good club house - they are clearly trying to play a more direct game with the make up of their squad and that gave the youngsters a good test which they passed with flying colours - with and without the ball.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Was very cold at Kirkley & Pakefield last night... on 09:41 - Feb 6 with 955 viewsshoopdelang

Good result.
K & P are not very good side anymore.
I can’t blame them for trying to rough it up most teams would do the same against an u18 side.
Was very cold at Kirkley & Pakefield last night... on 11:34 - Feb 6 with 866 viewsBluefish

I once streaked at Kirkley and Pakefield during a match in winter. I can confirm that it is a very cold place

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Was very cold at Kirkley & Pakefield last night... on 12:34 - Feb 6 with 801 viewswaveneyblue

Was very cold at Kirkley & Pakefield last night... on 11:34 - Feb 6 by Bluefish

I once streaked at Kirkley and Pakefield during a match in winter. I can confirm that it is a very cold place

So can the crowd who witnessed said streak
Was very cold at Kirkley & Pakefield last night... on 13:59 - Feb 6 with 722 viewsitfcjoe

Was very cold at Kirkley & Pakefield last night... on 09:41 - Feb 6 by shoopdelang

Good result.
K & P are not very good side anymore.
I can’t blame them for trying to rough it up most teams would do the same against an u18 side.

Yeah, it wasn't meant to come across as a criticism as would expect all adult teams to do the same - main point was that they are just a massive side, they have obviously taken that route in their league to be a big team as were a big team with long throws into box etc. Their 2 CMs looked more like 2nd row rugby forwards, so was a real test.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024