Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My hate for the scum is summed up by 11:03 - Feb 6 with 8941 viewsGerkensBeard

The amount of lads I went to school with who were fans of premier league clubs and by the age of 10 when Norwich were top of league 1 they were suddenly Norwich fans and claim today to be the biggest Norwich fans they have. Mongrels.
I am blue through and through. I wonder how many of their fans are the same as the ones I encountered at that time.
Was the same when we were successful was there a sudden influx of town fans in the 60’s/70’s? I’m pretty sure that we are blue through thick and thin. Our attendances may not say so but our love for the club never goes away
My hate for the scum is summed up by on 11:05 - Feb 6 with 7812 viewsITFC_Forever

Yep, I know a number of people with no connection to the town of Ipswich in their mid-40s who are ITFC fans thanks to the Robson years.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 11:07 - Feb 6 with 7786 viewsGerkensBeard

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 11:05 - Feb 6 by ITFC_Forever

Yep, I know a number of people with no connection to the town of Ipswich in their mid-40s who are ITFC fans thanks to the Robson years.

Fair enough, but I bet they’re honest about it. Rather than claim they’re the clubs biggest fans
on 11:14 - Feb 6 with 7750 views_

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 11:19 - Feb 6 with 7726 viewstextbackup

Not being funny, but at 10 years old you don't know what's what..... I had a manu shirt aged 10. But hardly like my itfc support is in doubt.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 11:25 - Feb 6 with 7695 viewsipswich78

on 11:14 - Feb 6 by _

Was that Maths teacher from Stowupland High School?

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

on 11:28 - Feb 6 with 7676 views_

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 11:25 - Feb 6 by ipswich78

Was that Maths teacher from Stowupland High School?

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 11:29 - Feb 6 with 7667 viewsipswich78

on 11:28 - Feb 6 by _

Mr Sutton?

on 11:30 - Feb 6 with 7662 views_

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 11:29 - Feb 6 by ipswich78

Mr Sutton?

Login to get fewer ads

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 11:31 - Feb 6 with 7649 viewstextbackup

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 11:29 - Feb 6 by ipswich78

Mr Sutton?

I think he worked at chantry....

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 11:35 - Feb 6 with 7640 viewsKieran_Knows

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 11:31 - Feb 6 by textbackup

I think he worked at chantry....

You may not want to reveal on here Texters, but the flags going up this weekend at the training ground?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 11:35 - Feb 6 with 7634 viewsipswich78

on 11:30 - Feb 6 by _

I'd have no issues naming this teacher publicly despite being a Norwich fan he was a top teacher - one of the best from my school days. He definitely got a lot of grief over it, but certainly gave as good as he got.

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 19:22 - Feb 6 with 7070 viewsLeagueOne

You are hard pressed to see youngsters in Ipswich wearing Ipswich shirts outside of match days, let alone wider Suffolk and East Anglia these days. It hurts but we're viewed on the same level as the likes of Rotherham these days by most. Robson was over 30 years ago and Burley was almost 20 too.

When I were a lad growing up in north Essex the most popular teams were Ipswich and Manure, just because Manure won everything but that bred a bit of defiance in the Ipswich lads who grew up supporting Town, and still do - the hell we had at 9-0, but equally when we beat them 2-0 in the League Cup in 1997 we were equally smug as we'd mostly gone to the game and those people still havent been within 5 feet of their team.

A friend who worked in the Norwich shop did say the numbers going up to Norwich for games from Suffolk and Cambs were increasing, as well as shirt sales and had grown steadily over the last 10 years. Premiership is a big draw for the neutral.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 21:01 - Feb 6 with 6836 viewsMeadowlark

I've mentioned it before, but when I was a youngster back in the 1960s and first started to attend matches at Portman Road regularly I became aware of many older fans who had season tickets at both Ipswich and Norwich. They liked to see both teams doing well, and of course up to that point Norwich had never played at the highest level, so it was almost like having one team in each league to follow. I know we dropped down to their level between 1963-1968, but it was minor blip and nothing like our current predicament!
My hate for the scum is summed up by on 21:05 - Feb 6 with 6815 viewsHerbivore

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 11:19 - Feb 6 by textbackup

Not being funny, but at 10 years old you don't know what's what..... I had a manu shirt aged 10. But hardly like my itfc support is in doubt.

Plastic.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 21:42 - Feb 6 with 6717 viewsDarth_Koont

Yeah, I'll cop to that.

In my defence I moved from Edinburgh to an area without any league team whatsoever (deepest, darkest Somerset well before Yeovil "made it" who in any case were 30 miles away). Most of my mates chose Liverpool but I don't regret going the tougher route.

Pronouns: He/Him

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 21:43 - Feb 6 with 6714 viewsgainsboroughblue

In Stowmarket?

I can accept they are around in large pockets in Lowestoft, Beccles etc.

But Stowmarket is ten miles from Ipswich FFS.

I can remember it being blue in East Anglia all the way from Clacton/Harwich up to at least Diss on A140 and Bungay on A12.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 21:44]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 22:43 - Feb 6 with 6577 viewsSuffolktractor

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 21:43 - Feb 6 by gainsboroughblue

In Stowmarket?

I can accept they are around in large pockets in Lowestoft, Beccles etc.

But Stowmarket is ten miles from Ipswich FFS.

I can remember it being blue in East Anglia all the way from Clacton/Harwich up to at least Diss on A140 and Bungay on A12.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 21:44]

When I was growing up, the thought of any one in Suffolk supporting Norwich was just unbelievable. It just didn’t happen.
My hate for the scum is summed up by on 23:03 - Feb 6 with 6506 viewsBaltachaFanClub

You are from my town I believe (earlier post?)

Halesworth has always been blue, but with a modicum of “them”
One in particular local never showed interest in local football until they went up the last time, now he wears yellow almost all the time, I could swear he used to wear a Newcastle shirt .. thing is, he is no youngster, he is my age or older (late 30s)

Myself and Mullet both grew up here and had to deal with the problem of being halfway, but I do like to make it clear how far into suffolk we are!

Walked into Chinnys on Saturday before their game was over, slight mistake, never seen so many of their kind in our town (together)

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 23:20 - Feb 6 with 6465 viewsStNeotsBlue

I'm in this bracket sort of. Saw a team in blue smash a team in yellow( the fact it was an Ipswich-Norwich derby is a coincidence as I had no idea) on The Big Match when I was about 5 (1980ish) and thought they'll do for me. It could have just as easily been Everton or Birmingham I just liked the blue shirts. Totally missed all the good times but am still hopeful of better times. Hopefully starting Sunday.

Edit: Actually I didn't miss all the good times as the mid to late 90's where an equally brilliant and heartbreaking time to be a fan of Ipswich. Plus the short lived purple patch of the promotion in 91-92 which is still my favourite season.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 23:34]
My hate for the scum is summed up by on 09:31 - Feb 7 with 6099 viewstextbackup

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 11:35 - Feb 6 by Kieran_Knows

You may not want to reveal on here Texters, but the flags going up this weekend at the training ground?

I honestly don’t know mate, I’m saying I can’t be arsed right now, but come Friday I’ll be all excited and bouncy!!!

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 09:43 - Feb 7 with 6063 viewsWhymarkmariner

I afraid that whatever team you support there's going to be those that go when the team are successful and don't when they aren't. I would suggest that Delia apart there's not many that start off as fans of Ipswich and end up as fans of Norwich. Her prerogative I know, but nonetheless strange.
My hate for the scum is summed up by on 10:21 - Feb 7 with 6005 viewsElephantintheRoom

Do you really 'hate' them or are you just jealous and intolerant? Hate seems a strange emotion to have about more successful neighbours who seem to be doing most things right that Town are doing wrong. You make ISIS sound entirely reasonable.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 10:36 - Feb 7 with 5981 viewssoclopath

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 09:43 - Feb 7 by Whymarkmariner

I afraid that whatever team you support there's going to be those that go when the team are successful and don't when they aren't. I would suggest that Delia apart there's not many that start off as fans of Ipswich and end up as fans of Norwich. Her prerogative I know, but nonetheless strange.

I live just 7 miles from P.R. And my next door neighbour not only supports Norwich but Kings Lynn speedway,put up with him for forty years, life can be so difficult.
My hate for the scum is summed up by on 16:45 - Feb 7 with 5704 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 21:01 - Feb 6 by Meadowlark

I've mentioned it before, but when I was a youngster back in the 1960s and first started to attend matches at Portman Road regularly I became aware of many older fans who had season tickets at both Ipswich and Norwich. They liked to see both teams doing well, and of course up to that point Norwich had never played at the highest level, so it was almost like having one team in each league to follow. I know we dropped down to their level between 1963-1968, but it was minor blip and nothing like our current predicament!

I'm one of those older fans, fewer of us around these days. Main rivalry then was Leyton Orient, even today no clue why. They didn't like us for some reason lost in history.
My hate for the scum is summed up by on 16:51 - Feb 7 with 5685 views26_Paz

My hate for the scum is summed up by on 10:21 - Feb 7 by ElephantintheRoom

Do you really 'hate' them or are you just jealous and intolerant? Hate seems a strange emotion to have about more successful neighbours who seem to be doing most things right that Town are doing wrong. You make ISIS sound entirely reasonable.

I hate them, its mainly because they're massive c units

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024